Author's Chapter Notes:
And here it is, the final chapter! No more torturing Logan or Gambit for a while! As always thanks for their reviews go to melancholy rogue, tamisnead, wendy, TrickyBusiness, sahara and serfim for their reviews. And a big thank you goes out to everyone who's read and enjoyed. Hope this final chapter is worth the wait guys... hobbits away, hey!

Disclaimer: This fan fiction is not written for profit and no infringement of copyright is intended. Unbeta-ed, so all mistakes are mine.

JITTERS

EPILOGUE: (I’VE HAD) THE TIME OF MY LIFE

“How the Hell does he do it?”

And Pete glanced across at a nodding, righteously pouting Remy and a barely conscious Tony Stark.

“I mean seriously, what does he have that we don’t?”

And the three men threw a dark look at Thor, who was currently getting his Asgard groove on in the middle of Remy’s club. The fact that Marie, Jubes and the newly married Katherine Parker-Pryde were shaking their bootie along with him clearly not helping either man’s sense of Zen. Logan snickered to himself: The X-girls were dancing in a circle around their purses and the mighty hammer Mjolnir (or as Jubes was now calling it, Meow-Meow), complimenting Thor on his dance moves and sympathising with him over being recently dumped. Also explaining how it didn’t matter that there were no drunken bridesmaids at Kitty’s wedding because he was sure to score in a bar in the middle of New Orleans. (Jubes exact words on the subject: “This place fish-filled barrel, you massive, well-proportioned fishing pole. Now score grass-hopper, score!”) Despite himself the feral’s smile widened: It was actually kinda funny, the way Thor was nodding earnestly and taking all their advice in stride- Though Logan couldn’t help but suspect that the little boy lost act was at least partially an attempt to get somewhere with Marie or Jubes.

And if Thor thought that routine was going to get him anywhere with those girls he was seriously damn mistaken.

The thought alone was enough to put a massive smile on his already grinning face.

“You look like an idiot,” he heard Yuki say then.

Logan didn’t even glance at her. “Yeah well,” he said airily, “You had a mighty fine woman like that thinking she’s nuts about you, you’d be grinning like an idiot too, Yukiko.” He slid over to give her a place to sit. “So how’s about you sit down, shut up and enjoy the show? Yeah, darlin’?” And he took another, longer sip of his beer.

“I think I will.” Yuki clinked her Molson against his. “Just make sure and tell her that, okay? I didn’t go to all this trouble to have you screw this u-”

Logan turned to her so fast the movement was almost invisible, and Yuki found herself lamenting the fact that reflexes that good were being wasted on a life free of crime. “I ain’t gonna screw this up, darlin’,” he said tightly. She was surprised by the vehemence in his tone, but she supposed she shouldn’t have been- After all, what Logan and Marie shared wasn’t so much mutual affection as mutual brain-damage and all of New Orleans knew that now. “I get it, okay?” he was muttering. “I got lucky, massively fucking lucky. And I’m gonna spend every day making sure Marie sees it that way too- If she’ll let me.” He sat back, nodded to himself. “Which I’m really hoping she will.” His grin became mischievous. “Besides, wouldn’t you want to keep someone that gorgeous happy?”

And he nodded to Rogue, who was still busy dancing. The sight of her making his normally harsh features soften into a smile. Tony, Pete and Gambit saw it and began catcalling, whistling about the mighty Wolverine finally being on a leash. The unamused look Jubes and Kitty shot them not slowing them down in the least. From the corner of his eye Logan saw Thor grin, clearly thinking of joining in with them-

So before anyone could say anything else in their native Dumb-Ass he stood up and walked over to Rogue, hand held out to her. His grin widening as she put her hand in his, Thor and his Mighty Big Hammer instantly forgotten. He nodded to the DJ and the obnoxiously loud dance track began fading out, another song entirely taking its place. Something honey-toned and sweet and straight from the sex garage. Something with the kinda beat that would always remind him of Marie. Kitty grinned as she recognised the tune and with a small apologetic wave to Thor she walked over to Pete, hand held out to him. Wrapping her arms around his neck for a kiss when he took it, burying her dark head in his shoulder and grinning fit to beat the band. Jubes rolled her eyes dramatically at the sight but held her hand out to LeBeau all the same, the difference in their heights meaning that she had to stand on his toes to dance with him and still be able to put her arms around his neck. A tiny (but noticed) pinch to his ass apparently warning him to keep jokes about her height to himself. Logan grinned at them (Why the Hell was he smiling so much these days?) his smile widening when he saw Yuki hold her hand out to Thor. But rather than keep his attention on that, the feral wrapped his arms around Marie, letting the scent of her permeate the air around him. The feeling of her moulded against him as calming now as it had been the first time they danced. The music washed over them, the scent of so much happiness not something he thought he could ever get used to-

And when he opened his eyes Marie was smiling at him.

Her hand had also dropped down to get a wonderfully firm grip on his ass.

This, Logan decided, was officially the best road trip of his life.

“So you finally decided to dance with me, shuggs?” she murmured throatily then. One look at her mischievous expression enough to convince Logan that she knew damn well what the accent did to him.

“Darlin’, I’ve wanted to dance with you fer years.” He pulled her closer. “So play your cards right and I’ll be dancing with you fer the rest of my life-”

“Oh, and what if Ah don’t wanna spend mah life dancing?” She cocked an eyebrow. “Whatcha gonna do then?”

He leaned down to her, his mouth an inch from hers. Making sure to pour every inch of machismo he possessed into his gaze. She actually gulped at the sight of it. “Marie,” he muttered, “You listen and listen good. I learned to stay in one place fer you. I learned to deal with kids and geeks and all sorts o’ government assholes- fer you. Hell, I even learned to dance fer you-” Her eyes widened at the realisation and he tightened his grip on her waist. “So don’t tell me there’s anything I can’t do fer you, okay Kid?” His grin grew predatory. “Cos that sorta bull just ain’t gonna fly anymore.”

And with that he dipped her, right on time and just the right depth to keep her from falling over. The feeling of her hands tightening on his bicep reassuringly hot. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Pete give him a pleased thumbs up but he ignored it, mainly because he was kissing her and that just took up all of his attention no matter what the situation might be. They kissed and Marie gave a little growl deep in her chest, her grip on his ass tightening even as the fingers of her other hand raked through his hair. The feel of her mouth against his warm and hot and inviting, the sorta thing he never wanted to be without again. The music got louder, bodies bumped into them. The tune changed somewhere along the way but Logan couldn’t give a flying fuck. Because he was here, and he was with Marie, and she loved him. And the fact was, it didn’t get any better than this-

No matter what Demon princesses or Gambit might say.

Chapter End Notes:
The End.