~Chapter 3~

Nearing her room, she found the door ajar. Pausing, she hesitated to enter.

"It's just me, kid."

Hearing that voice, she wanted to cry and run the other way, as her heart once more started to rise it''s tempo. Closing her eyes and counting to ten, she released a breath and entered her room.

Pushing the door and freezing, she eyed the man casually laying on her bed as if it was natural. In that moment, she couldn't help the feeling of such love that emanted from her. In all her wildest dreams, she would come from a mission and find him waiting for her. But soon the image was shredded as she saw him and Jean kissing.

Blinking that away, she felt tears gather in her eyes. Kicking the door closed behind her, she walked over to the window seal and took a seat. Looking out and over the view of the rose garden Storm was working in, she sighed. "Why did you come?"

Taken back, Logan sat up and raised an eyebrow. "What crawled up your..." Pausing at the cold stare she pointed at him, he stood. "What's wrong, kid?"

"Nothing. Now what do you want?"

"You wasen't in class and I was worried."

Shaking her head, she folded her arms. "You didn't realize I wasn't there for the meeting this morning about the rescue mission, either? So that means, Kitty and Jubes told you." She about spat.

Growling, he stormed up to her and hefted her up by her arm; ignoring the small whimper that left her at his rough and hard grip on her. "What the hell has gotten
into you?"

Narrowing her eyes and quickly jabbing him in his side, his hold slipped. not wasting any time, she elbowed him in the throat. Watching as he took several steps back and struggled for breath, she folded her arms. "Don't pretend to care now, when you weren't here when your precious Jeany about broke my arm." She sneered. Opening the door, her gaze hardened even more. "Get out Logan."

Rubbing his neck one last time, he slowly did as she voiced. Just as he was clear of the entrance, she cleared her throat.

"Oh, and don't worry about me. I'm all grown up and can take care of myself. So don't return to see how I'm fairing, because I'll be just fine. Trust me."
And with that, the door slammed in his face. But also on their once loving and great friendship.
***********************************************************
Pouring a glass of orange juice in her glass, she sighed.

"What did boy wonder do now? Or shoud I say, 'not' do?"

Turning and finding Logan leaning on the kitchen's entrance, Jean smiled. "Why must Scott be my reason for all I do?"

Nearing her, he casually wrapped an arm around her slender waist. "Then you came for me?"

Leaning into his touch, she smirked. "Maybe."

Chuckling, he claimed her lips in a heated kiss.
Returning it with just as much fire and more, she gave a small jump and wrapped her legs around his waist. Catching her and placing her on the kitchen island, his lips trailed down her slender neck.

Pulling the straps of her gown down, his hands cupped her bare breast. Throwing her head back and allowing a small whimper and moan pass her lips, Jean waved her hand and his shirt was torn off into little shredded pieces.

"You know you will have to clean that up." He huskily stated, as she started to undo his pants. Trailing one of his hands down and hiking her gown up, he found her bare. "No panties? Such a naughty girl."

Smiling, she freed his thick and pulsating cock. "What can I say? I did come here for you." Strapping a condom on him, she bit his ear.

Growling, he gave one strong and thrust and entered her. Throwing both their heads back in pure ecastacy, neither realized the bystander standing at the entrance, until a choked sob was heard.

Turning and moving to shout at the person that dared to interrupt them, Logan froze. "Marie."

Hearing her name, Rogue couldn't hold back the tears that spilled down her now pale face. She was just down here for a glass of warm milk, like her mother always gave her when she had a bad dream and couldn't sleep; but to see her nightmare before her awake, was something that she could never have expected.

Seeing hurt and such sudden hatred ignite in her once sunny and beautiful eyes, Logan felt his heart come undone. Pulling free of an immobile Jean and fixing his pants, he took a step towards her.

"Don't." Her shaken and heart wrenching voice sounded, in the quite of dead night. "Just...just stay away from me." Turning, she ran for the safe haven of her room.
Watching as she quickly vanished into the shadowed mansion, Logon felt a slap to the face, as this morning finally made sense.

She knew.

Sliding off the island's counter and righting her gown, Jean frowned. "I have to go and talk to her and..."

"No."

Facing him, she narrowed her eyes. "I must. For if she talks and Scott finds out, there won't be a..."

"She won't." He solomnly stated, leaning heavily on the counter.

"And how do you know that?"

Looking out at the thunderstorm that was no doubt echoing the feelings of the girl upstairs, Logan closed his eyes. "Because, she wouldn't want to hurt or take away something that I value."

Quickly understanding, Jean for the first time knew that this simple affair she started with him six months ago, was bigger than any could ever comprehend.

For not only was her future involved, but a young girl's heart and no doubt life.
**************************************************************
Tying her hair up and entering the class, Rogue took her spot near the back. Spotting her friends, she gave them a sad attempt of a smile then gave up. Noticing the sudden change in her character, Kitty and Jubilee shared a look.

"Partner up with the same group you were in the other day. I want you all to repeat the drills and at the end of class I will test you. Now begin." Logan demanded.

Sighing, Jubes moved to show Rogue the drills that they learned the other day ago, but froze as he walked over.

"You two go and partnter up with the newbies. I will show her the drills."

Nodding both started to walk off, but Rogue shook her head and grabbed both their arms. "No, they can show me."
He raised an eyebrow. "They need to practice for their test and you are new to this technique and..."

"They teach me, or I walk." She coldly stated.

Eyes going wide, both girls could only stare at their friend as she clearly lost her mind.

Releasing a breath, Logan frowned. "Think about what I just said, Kid. You have to learn the new..."

"I'm not a kid and don't ever call me that again." She about snapped.

"Then Marie, I..."

"Don't. Ever. Call. Me. That. Again." She about growled as she was face to shoulder with him, as fire stared at him from her hazle eyes. "You are no friend of mine. It's Rogue and that's the only thing that I will answer to from your lips." Clipping him with her shoulder, she exited the gym.

Watching as she left, Logan found himself lost. Not only did she walk out on him and the class, but sassed him about their now non-existant friendship.

This was truely a bad, bad day.

If Logan thought that day couldn 't get any worse, he was dead wrong.