The question was crazy...no...stupid.

Rogue sat on his bed with her legs tucked under her, "We have sex, we're having a baby together, why can't we share a room?"

Logan spat the toothpaste into the sink and rinsed his mouth out as the night they nearly killed each other replayed in his head. He couldn't risk it happening again now that she was pregnant...and without her powers. He hadn't slept beside her since returning and she was pushing for him to move into her room.

He gripped the sides of the sink and looked down, "Marie...it's not up for discussion. You keep your room, I keep mine."

She stood up and leaned in through the bathroom doorway, "You won't hurt me, sugah."

He fixed his eyes to her stomach, "Ain't about you, kid."

He brushed by her and moved around the room, getting dressed for the day. She watched him for a moment, "Fine."

Logan glanced at her face and rolled his eyes, "Don't look like that...I hate it when you look like that."

"Like what?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"The lip...the pout thing. Stop." he said as he pulled on his tank top.

She smirked and walked over to him, tugging on the hem of his shirt, "You don't like it when I pout?"

He groaned and rolled his eyes again, doing his best to keep from looking at her, "Quit it, will ya?"

"Quit what?" she said as she pouted purposefully.

He let out a breath and moved away from her playful hands, "I'm gonna be late."

She yanked him to her, "Nuh uh mister...kiss first."

He grumbled and gave her a reluctant, almost embarrassed, half smile before leaning down and kissing her softly on the lips. She put her hand on his face and deepened the kiss for a moment before he pulled away, "You drive me fuckin' crazy, you know that?"

"Wouldn't have it any other way, would you?" she smirked.

He kissed her lips quickly again and pulled away as he walked out of the room, winking at her before he closed the door.

Logan's face immediately fell into the 'I hate everyone' scowl that he normally wore in the hallways when some students walked by. He was set to lead a Danger Room session that morning and wasn't looking forward to it...ice prick was supposed to be there.

As the students filed in, Logan glared at Bobby, who tried not to pay too much attention to the low growl that was directed his way.

The session almost ended without incident...that was before Bobby "accidentally" froze the ground in front of Logan, causing him to slip and fall and get hit in the chest by a large piece of shrapnel. After pulling it out and cringing as his skin stitched back together, he yelled up at Storm to stop to session. When he glared at Bobby, Storm got on the overhead microphone, "Logan...are you alright?"

Logan barely glanced at her as she looked down at them from the booth, "Give us a moment alone."

She gave them both a hesitant look before she disappeared from the booth.

Logan clenched his fist, "Look...if that had been the only shit you've pulled in the past few weeks, I would have just let it go, but seeing how you've treated Marie just reminds me it's apart of a long line of bull shit behavior. So do whatever the fuck you want to me, but so help me...if you fucking say another disrespectful word to or about her ever again...I'll fuck you up. Hear me?"

Bobby's eyes remained fixed on Logan's in an act of defiance, "You deserve each other."

Logan smirked, "Nice of you to say...but you still didn't tell mention whether you understood me."

Bobby's expression twitched as he took a deep breath, "I loved her."

Logan took a menacing step forward, "So much you had half of the girls your age in this school on their knees with their mouths open in front of you. I'm sick of your bull shit act Bobby. I've heard you talk to Piotr about getting hand jobs and blow jobs from random girls. I knew, but I never told her, because I didn't want her hurt...she still doesn't know, because I figured that one day, you would be man enough to stop acting like such a fucking pussy and let the fact that she had the nerve to leave you, go."

Bobby looked confused and surprised, "How did you know?"

Logan smirked, "One of the benefits to being such an animal, Bobby...I'm there even when you think no one is...just listening. Now you need to quit walking around here, acting like some sort of fucking saint...cause you didn't deserve her. The reason why you hate her so much now is because you know you'll never find anything better."

Logan turned and walked away, leaving Bobby to look stunned and hurt. Hank stood just outside of the doorway with his arms folded, "Well, well, well...it knows how to use its words."

"Shove it, furball", Logan said as he walked away.

He wanted to punch Bobby in the head, but Marie would probably be pissed about that...so he tried a new approach. As he calmed, he made his way up to the classrooms to find Marie. She should be breaking for her mid morning, pregnancy induced snack soon. He just wanted to see her...maybe touch her.

He watched her through the window on the door to her class as she taught. His anger with Bobby slowly subsided as he watched her talk to her students and write on the chalkboard. When the bell rang, he stepped out of the way to let kids file past him before he walked into her room.

She smiled brightly as he entered, "Hey sugah, didn't think I was gonna see you til lunch. How'd the Danger Room treat you?"

He grumbled and wrapped his arms around her before pulling her into a deep kiss. He breathed in her scent as he whispered, "Nothin' I can't handle."

She pulled back to look into his eyes, "You sure you ok?"

He nodded and kissed her again, "I'm good, kid. What about you?"

She moved out of his arms and began walking out of the room, "Hungry!"

He laughed and mumbled, "Of course you are."

She whirled around, "What did you say?"
-------------
He shook his head quickly, "Nothin'."
Marie noticed that Bobby could now pass her in the hall without yelling obscenities. There were no marks on his face, so it was obvious Logan hadn't beat him up, but something was definitely different.

She questioned Logan about it and he simply shrugged, "We just had a little talk, that's all."

She was nervous about what that meant, but it obviously worked, so she didn't question him any further.

After his last class of the day, he returned to Marie's room to find her laying on the bed with headphones on her stomach. He peeled off his shirt and raised a brow, "The hell are you doin'?"

She smiled as he pulled off his pants and started to walk into her bathroom, "She can hear...so that means you need to clean that potty mouth of yours."

He rolled his eyes before getting into the shower. When he got out, she was still in the same position, humming along to the music that played against her belly. It was something god awful...by some random popstar Marie listened to.

He shook his head, "Kid...I'm not sure how much say I have in this, but for Christ's sake...give the girl something good to listen to. She needs to be raised on quality music."

Marie's jaw dropped, "And what is wrong with Justin Timberlake?"

He dried his hair, "Are you shitting me? He's a pretty boy...come on. I want my girl to listen to real music...like Bruce Springsteen."

Marie took the headphones from her stomach, "I don't have that on my iPod, but you can sing it to her if you like."

Logan grunted as he wrapped the towel around his waist, "I don't sing, kid."

"Oh come on! I read that most dads talk and sing to their unborn babies so they'll recognize their voice after they're born. It'll help you form a bond with her", she said as she sat up on her knees on the bed.

Logan leaned down and kissed her, "Yea, well you know I'm not most dads."

Marie sighed, but kept a good natured smile on her face, "I know. I just thought you might wanna try to bond, or connect...or whatever. I practically had to drag your ass to my last doctor's appointment and you acted as if I asked you to jump into a volcano when I asked you about Lamaze classes."

He kissed her again, "Marie, you know me...and you know I'm doing my best to be apart of this, but I'm not the kinda guy who sings to bellies, reads pregnancy books and likes to hear about birthing stories. Sorry."

Marie pouted a little, but was soon giggling as he attacked her neck with his mouth. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he whispered, "I think you're gonna wanna put those headphones back on your stomach."

"Why?"

He gently pushed her back on the bed, "Cause I don't think you're gonna want her to hear what I'm about to do to you."

Marie smiled as he trailed kisses down her neck before laying down behind her. He reached around and slowly began caressing her clit as he nibbled on her earlobe, eliciting soft moans and coos of pleasure.

She reached back and ran her fingers through his wet hair as she whispered his name, encouraging him to speed up his movements. Her body began shuddering when he inserted his finger inside of her, "Oh god baby..."

Logan kissed her neck as he ground against her ass, "Tell me when you're ready for me."

"I want you now..." she whispered lustfully.

He quickly lifted her leg up as she down to help guide him inside of her from behind. They both moaned in unison as he pushed himself inside. Marie reached back, grabbing a hold of his ass as he pumped in and out of her.

She bit her bottom lip as she felt his perfect butt tense and clench as he fucked her. They made love for almost two hours before they collapsed in sheer ecstasy. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck, "Go to sleep babe..."

She appreciated that every night, he waited until she was peacefully sleeping before he went back to his room. She figured it was his way of making up for the fact that he couldn't share a room with her.

Unbeknown to Marie, Logan had developed a routine. Every night, he would watch her fall asleep. When her breathing was even and low, he would carefully uncurl her from his arms and kneel next to the bed so that he was eye level to her belly. There had been nights when he did sing...but most of the time he simply talked. He told the baby the story of his unknown past, the X Men and how he met her mother.

Logan slowly climbed out of bed and sat down in front of Marie as she laid on her side. He pulled down the sheet and smiled. She was getting huge.

He started whispering softly, "Hey in there kiddo. Seems like your mom is afraid I'm not properly bonding with you. She's a worrier...hope you don't inherit that. Today, I started to feel a little restless...now, I think that's something you got from me, because your mom tells me how much you move in there." Logan shifted to make himself more comfortable on the floor as he looked back at Marie's face to be sure she was still sleeping.

He continued his one-sided conversation, "I don't really like to stay in one place for too long, even if it is to be with someone as wonderful as your mother...or you. I'm just not used to having a place to stay or a family...but because I love you guys so much, I'm gonna try. I'll always try. I'll try to be a good father. I'll try to always be there for you. Remember...the keyword here is try. I'll keep trying til I succeed as long as you keep trying to stay patient with me...ok?"

He rubbed his hand across her belly before leaning in and lightly kissing it just as he did every night, "Night kiddo."

Logan stood and covered Marie's stomach back up with the sheet as he planted a soft kiss on her forehead before heading back to his room for the evening.