As soon as Logan left, he missed her. He wanted to apologize for everything he'd done and wanted to yell at her for "getting rid" of his baby. Was he that terrible that she couldn't bear the thought of having his kid? She would have had ice prick's baby in a second and he hated that...it broke his heart.

While he was gone, he did something he's never done before...he wrote to her. The first letter was awkward and barely three lines long. It simply said:

Hey kid. Just wanted to check on you. Heading up to British Columbia for a couple of weeks. Sorry about everything. I miss you.

By the time he got to letter five, the words flowed from him. He told her how pissed he was about the abortion and how he hated that she didn't at least tell him she was pregnant. He also told her he missed watching sports with her...and her nachos. He'd never been much of a communicator, but he felt the need to at least let her know she was still on his mind. She never responded, but it only slightly deterred him.

Marie had a decent support system at the mansion, despite Bobby sneaking in really low, mean insults every time he saw her. Hank, Storm, Jubes, the professor and even Piotr offered their friendship. She still hadn't confirmed the baby's paternity yet, and she didn't plan on it. She knew they knew, but if she didn't confirm it, they wouldn't say anything to Logan if he showed up.

She knew Logan wouldn't stay away forever, so with the help of the professor, she got a job teaching at another mutant school somewhere in Colorado. His friend ran the school and had agreed to allow her to transfer there after the baby was born. She only hoped that Logan would wait to return to the mansion until after she was gone.

Her first trimester ticked by without any issues. She felt lucky that she didn't have the terrible morning sickness or extreme fatigue. It would have been a completely pleasant time if the baby she carried didn't belong to Logan and her ex fiance didn't go out of his way to treat her like shit.

She started to get used to the idea of being a single parent. She was holding it together pretty well...until the letters started. She cried over each and every one of them in the privacy of her own room. Although she never responded to any, she kept every last one in her sock drawer. Each letter got longer and more intimate...very un-Logan like. They all ended with "I miss you" scribbled at the end.

Marie started wanting him...and Jubilee took notice.

About four months after he left, he called the mansion. He wanted to go back to see her so badly...but he would settle for hearing her voice. Jubilee answered, "Logan? Hey! How's it goin' Wolvie?"

He groaned a bit. He hated being called wolvie, "Not bad...Marie around?"

Jubilee bit her lip and looked into the hall where Marie stood talking to a student, "Uhhh...I'll go check."

Jubilee put the phone down and walked over to Marie, pulling her away from the student, "Hey chica...Logan's on the phone and he's asking for you."

Marie cringed visibly as she crossed her arms across her chest, "I don't want to talk to him."

Jubilee cocked her head to the side and narrowed her eyes, "You sure chica? He sounds like he misses you..."

Marie shut her eyes and stomped her foot, "Jubes!"

Jubilee raised her hands defensively, "Ok...fine."

Jubilee liked Logan, especially for Rogue. Ever since she found out about Rogue's pregnancy, she felt he had a right to know, but only said so once. After that, Rogue made her promise to keep her mouth shut about it.

She picked up the phone, "Hey Logan? You there?"

"Yea" he said at the other end.

"Um...she's not really available to talk right now."

"Right..." he grumbled, knowing she was lying. "Just tell her I called, will ya?"

"Hey Logan, where are you?"

"Niagara Falls...the Canadian side, why?"

"I think you should come back to the mansion. I know we have an important mission coming up and we could all use your help."

"I don't think that's a good idea...I'm not sure that's a good idea..." he said, almost sounding sad.

Jubilee lowered her voice as she eyed Rogue, who was busy clearing the hallway of students, "Look Logan...it's what's best for the team. She'll understand."

There was silence at the other end for a while, then he spoke hesitantly, "Fine...I'll be back there by tomorrow afternoon...round lunch time I think."

Jubilee grinned, "Perfect...I'll try to meet ya out front. Bye!"

Jubilee hung up the phone and rubbed her hands together.
-----------------
The next morning, as Rogue got out the shower, she groaned as she stared at herself in the mirror. Her flat tummy had been replaced by a little bump that started in her lower abdomen and had expanded upward to just below her belly button.

Jubilee took Rogue shopping for some "hip" maternity clothes and became her personal stylist, "Don't worry girl, I got you. Just cause you're pregnant, doesn't mean you have to look frumpy!"

Rogue blew her hair dry and put on a tank top that gathered underneath her breasts and fit loosely around her stomach and mid section. She put on a cardigan over that, with a pair of skinny jeans and flats. She taught two classes in the morning, then went to the kitchen for a snack. She carried a stack of papers in front of her, inadvertently hiding her baby bump. She heard Jubilee talking as she entered the kitchen, looking down at her grade book, "These kids are way too into Literature...I honestly do not-"

She immediately stopped in her tracks as she saw Logan standing in the kitchen with Jubilee. Rogue clutched the stack of papers to her belly as she stood there, staring at him.

Jubilee looked between them, "Um...I guess I'll see you two later." She slipped from the room without being spared a glance by the other two in the room.

Logan shifted his weight, "You look good, kid."

Rogue looked down, giving herself a quick once over to make sure she had successfully hidden her belly, "Thanks...what the hell are you doing here?"

He looked her up and down, "Jubilee said I should come...how you been?"

She sighed and narrowed her eyes, trying to process the fact that he was actually there, "Fine."

He took a step closer, "Why didn't you fuckin' answer any of my letters?"

Her expression paled, "I...I...I have to go."

She rushed into the nearest bathroom and vomited into the sink. There's the nausea she'd missed out on during her first trimester.

She hid out in the bathroom until the next bell rang. She poked her head out of the door and looked both ways. When she was satisfied the coast was clear, she rushed off to her next class.

Logan made no attempt to follow her when she ran out of the room. Seeing him must have been a shock, especially since Jubilee had explained there was no actual mission and Rogue had no idea he was coming.

After setting his stuff down in his room and showering, he dressed and walked down to the classrooms. He peeked into Marie's room and spotted her in front of the chalkboard. Her back was turned to him. She didn't quite turn around to face him as she spoke over her shoulder to her students and continued writing and pointing to the board. He cocked his head to the side and stared at her. Something was different.

Her breasts seemed fuller...but that was the only change in her body he could see since the top she wore was flowing and lose around her mid section and went all the way down to her mid thigh.

Logan shook his head and walked away.

She managed to survive the remainder of the day without seeing him. Jubilee came to her room when she never came downstairs for dinner. Marie snatched Jubilee in, "Gimme one good reason why I shouldn't kill you, Jubes!"

Jubilee held up both of her hands, "Hon, I'm sorry, but he has the right to know...that baby has a right to know her father."

Rogue fought back tears, "Logan won't do shit for either of us! I was trying to protect myself and my baby from him. I can't keep playing these games with him...this baby deserves baby than that...I deserve better than that."

Jubilee pursed her lips together, "I think you're more afraid of the fact that you love him and that he loves you...I think you're afraid of just how real your feelings are."

Rogue sat down on the bed and put her head in her hands, then looked up at her friend with tears in her eyes, "He put me through so much when I was with Bobby. For over two years...two years, he'd come into town and just...used me, even though he knew, in my head, I didn't want to do it, he kept coming back for more."

Jubilee sat next to her, "Rogue, are you sure he was using you? It seems a guy like Wolvie would get what he wanted and move on...but he kept coming back to you for two years. Remember when you and Bobby broke up? He stayed with you that whole time...then disappeared as soon as you two got back together."

Marie looked down and shook her head. How could she have been so stupid? All the signs were there...she just didn't want to see them, "I'm afraid, Jubes."

Jubilee hugged Rogue with one arm, "I know, chica...and you honestly have a reason to be. Logan isn't the monogamous type, and I can't envision him pushing a stroller around, but I do think he loves you more than anyone or anything else in this world."

"Why didn't he ever tell me?" Rogue asked as she sniffled.

"Why don't men buy flowers? Why do they not write poetry? Why don't they profess their love in front of their friends? Who knows, chica? Men are already complicated enough, but Wolvie...he's a whole different animal...literally. He's not going to buy flowers and he sure as hell ain't gonna write you any poetry...but he will love you. He will love this baby."

Rogue shook his head, "I don't know Jubes...he's going to hate me for lying to him about the baby."

"Take the chance, hon. For once, you two need to open up" and with that, Jubilee stood and left.

Rogue ate dinner in her room that night, showered, put on a lose nightgown and laid down, willing herself to fall asleep. Slowly, the mansion grew quiet and the footsteps in the hallways ceased. Marie still wasn't asleep.

She sat up in her bed and went to her sock drawer, picking up all of the letters she'd received from him during the past several months. She reread all of them, but by letter five or six, she noticed the 'M' at the end of the letter where he wrote "I miss you" had a line through it...almost as if he was about to write an 'L' there.

She put the letters back and bit her lip before tossing on her robe and leaving her room. A couple of minutes later, she stood with her hand hovering above his door, preparing to knock. It took a few seconds, but she heard his voice call from inside, "Are you gonna knock or are you just gonna stand out there all night?"

She couldn't help but smile as she tried the door handle and walked in. His room was dark save for the moonlight that filtered through his window. She could see his form sit up on the bed as she walked in, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were avoiding me."

She sighed, "I was avoiding you...and I'm sorry about the letters...and everything else."

"Yea...I'm sorry too. C'mere."

In the moonlight, she saw him hold out a hand to her. She walked forward and took his hand. She stared down into his eyes as he softly touched her thighs, "I need to get something off my chest."

She looked deep into his eyes and saw exactly what he was thinking. She no longer needed to be told. She just leaned down and kissed him...she had missed his touch so much and it definitely seemed like he had missed hers. Truth be told, Logan hadn't had sex since they last did it...which was when she got pregnant five and a half months ago. He pulled her down and laid her on the bed. She whispered against his lips, "Wait...I need to tell you something."

"Later, kid...later" he whispered as he continued to kiss her. She moaned as he let his hand roam down her neck, to her breast...then to her stomach. She jumped and put her hand on top of his to move it away, but it was too late. He broke the kiss and froze above her as he searched her eyes while his hand rested on her belly with her own hand on top of his.

"What the fuck, Marie?"