"Anna Marie Howlett! Get down off that chandelier this instant!"

Marie stomped her foot as she watched her toddler swing from the chandelier in the main foyer. The little girl's mutation had presented itself a couple of months prior and it had everyone on edge...everyone except Logan.

She had her father's animal-like acrobatic talent and regenerative capabilities. Marie discovered that when the girl busted her lip after falling face first on one of her many toys. By the time Marie rushed over to her daughter, her lip had already healed and the girl was giggling.

Logan walked into the foyer and looked up at the chandelier, "She's got a good grip."

Marie rolled her eyes, "Could you just get her down from there?"

Logan smacked Marie on the ass and looked back up at his daughter, "Anna! Down, now!"

She squealed and dropped down into her father's arms as he caught her with ease, "Daydee!"

Marie plucked her daughter from Logan's arms and kissed her nose, "Come on munchkin, bed time."

Anna hugged Marie and kissed her cheek briefly before she started kicking and leaning over in her mother's arms, whining as she desperately reached for her father, "Noooo! Noooo! Daydee! Daydee! Wan daydee!"

Marie gave Logan an exasperated look before he smirked and took Anna back from Marie, "Quit your whinin', kiddo. I gotcha."

Marie put her hands on her hips, smiling as she watched Logan tote their daughter up the stairs. When she was an infant, she was undoubtedly a mama's girl, but the older she got, the more of a daddy's girl she became.

It was clear they shared the same mutation and wild spirit...it was all in the eyes. Logan had taken to being a father to such a wild little cub like a fish to water. She was as tough as him and smarter than Marie...a deadly combination by her standards.

When Logan finished putting Anna to bed, he roamed the mansion, looking for Marie...his "wife". They'd never formally done it, but that's what she was to him for all intensive purposes. She had put up with his shit for years and given him the most precious gift in the world...his little feral cub. Anna.

She wasn't a normal 2 year old by any standards. Not only could she leap and bound from the floor to the wall...to a chandelier, she could melt the Wolverine's heart with one look.

Logan prayed she wouldn't have his claws...or ay claws for that matter. Fighting would not be her destiny. He couldn't bear for her to have the same awful memories and dreams as he did.

He wandered the halls of the mansion and found Marie in the dimly lit kitchen, eating ice cream out of a pint container. She stopped in mid-spoonful when she saw him in the doorway. He couldn't help but laugh as she looked at him with an "oh shit, I've been caught" expression on her face.

He crossed his arms and sauntered toward her, "Isn't that Storm's ice cream?"

She pulled the spoon from her mouth, "Mmmm no." He raised a brow and cocked his head to the side as she slowly corrected herself, "Yes. What's it gonna cost me to keep you quiet?"

He approached her as she put the ice cream back. He eyed her for a moment and suddenly grabbed her by the hips and sat her on top of the counter, hiking her nightgown up her thighs as he caressed the soft flesh he exposed, "It's gonna take a little bit of this..." he whispered as he ran his up the inside of her thigh and searched out her core with his middle finger. She opened her legs wider around his hips as she wrapped an arm around his shoulders, "...and a little bit of this..." he whispered again as he kissed her neck, pushing his finger deeper into her folds.

She jumped and put her head back as he stroked her with his finger, causing her to instantly get wet. He smiled satisfactorily before quickly unbuttoning his pants and yanking his member out. He grabbed her ass and yanked her forward on the counter, impaling her on his cock.

Their pace was frenzied and needy. They knew that someone could walk in at any moment...which made their coupling even hotter and more exciting. She gripped onto him as he fucked her, both of them struggling to keep quiet as they worked for release. When they came, she quickly covered his mouth to muffle his loud groan of satisfaction.

"Fuck, you're so hot", he breathed.

She laughed softly and squirmed a little, "And here I just thought you stayed with me cause of my brains."

He pulled from her and stowed himself away in his jeans. He leaned against the opposite counter, still panting softly. She hopped down off the counter and ran a hand through her hair, "What are you starin' at?"

"The most beautiful fuckin' thing in the world."

She blushed and rolled her eyes, "You, my love, have a way with words."

He looked down at his boots and cleared his throat, "I've been thinkin' about somethin'."

"What's up sexy?"

He shrugged, "Was wonderin' how you'd feel about marryin' me."

Marie broke into uncontrollable giggles, "Right! You and me get married...I'll be Mrs. Wolverine." Her laughter died down when she caught the pained expression on his face. She cleared her throat, "Oh god...you're serious aren't you?"

"Well I was...but you sure do know how to kill a man's ego, don't ya?"

She walked over to him, trying to quickly to some damage control, "Baby, I'm sorry...it's just...we never talked about marriage before. You don't seem like you'd wanna really do something like that."

"With you, I could. Look at me...I haven't left since before Anna was born."

Marie gave him a sweet look, "That's cause of her...she's like oxygen to you. I know you can't live without her."

He stroked her cheek, "It's cause of you too, beautiful...or haven't I already proven I'm completely obsessed with you?

Rogue leaned into him as he wrapped his arms around her waist. A montage of the past several years flashed before her eyes. Their first time against the book shelf, watching football together, their fight over the nachos, the night he got her pregnant, their angry, passionate fights, him rubbing her belly, Anna's birth...

She looked into his eyes and took a deep breath. They'd already dealt with a lifetime worth of drama, pain and happiness. It only seemed right that they say their "I Dos", even if her "til death" would be much sooner than his.

She kissed his lips thoroughly and lovingly as she stroked his muttonchops, "Alright Wolverine...you got yourself a wife."

Even though Storm and the professor tried to pressure them into having a big wedding at the mansion, Logan, Anna and Marie took a trip to the mountains and had a priest marry them on a cliff overlooking a beautiful valley.

It was so very perfect and so very...them.
---------------
Anna grew up not knowing of the tumultuous beginnings of her parents relationship. All she knew was that they were full of love and passion for each other.

Anna grew into a beautiful teenage girl, much to her father's annoyance. She had her mother's looks and then some...and her father's enigmatic, animal-like sexuality. Logan hated seeing his little girl grow up so fast, especially since he didn't appear to age a day...but when he saw her walk down the stairs of the mansion, dressed for their prom, he felt as though he aged three decades. His heart ached in his chest when he remembered chasing her up and down those very stairs her high heeled feet were now treading on.

When the little pimply faced punk who was her prom date gasped upon seeing her, Logan had to fight to keep his claws in his hands. Marie sensed his tenseness and stopped snapping pictures as she put a hand on his shoulder, "Daddy's little girl is all grown up..."

Logan cleared his throat and shook his head, "Yea."

Anna rushed over to her father, "Mom! Get a picture with me and dad!"

Logan gave the camera a half smile as Anna crushed her father into a hug for the picture. She looked up at him and kissed his cheek as her date and her friends began filing out of the house, "Love you daddy...don't wait up!"

Logan sighed and watched her get in the car with her friends and drive away, stupid pop music blaring. Marie kissed her husband's cheek and put a hand on his shoulder, "You done good pops...I thought for sure you were about to hop on your motorcycle and follow her."

He raised a brow, "That's not such a bad idea."

He actually started to grab his keys and head out the door when Marie's voice barked behind him, "Front and center mister! You have responsibilities here."

Logan rolled his eyes mockingly as his two other "responsibilities" bounded down the stairs in their pajamas. Twin boys, both with his mutation. They each jumped on his leg, "Daaad! Jake said 'der was monsties inside dee cwoset!"

Jake chimed in, "Nuh uh! I jus said it wooked scaawy!"

Logan leaned down and scooped the boys up in his arms. Jake and James. They were little miracles, just like their sister, but in a slightly different way. After Anna's birth, there had been some questions about Marie's fertility, but when she discovered she was pregnant 11 years after Anna was born, it was a blessed surprise...even more so when they realized she was having twins.

This time Marie had a scheduled c-section which, luckily, lacked he drama of Anna's birth.

As Marie watched Logan carry their sons away, she took a deep breath and thanked whatever deity she could think of that Logan had been so persistent. For the first time in her life with him, she sat back and thanked god that she had been the object of his Rogue obsession.