Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, so there's a MAJOR smut alert with this chapter! You have been warned!
2. The Marks On My Heart




When I wake, I’m lyin’ alone in the middle of the bed, the sheets tangled around my legs. I roll over with a groan, my head poundin’ as my healin’ factor struggles to throw off the effects of Rogue’s power.

An’ just like that, I remember what I’ve done.

“Oh, shit! Shit! Marie!”

I tumble from the bed an’ slam my fist into the wardrobe door, welcoming the pain this brings me and leavin’ a fair sized dent in the door. Two more hits later, an’ the door is a splintered ruin. Blood runs from my knuckles, but the cuts heal over instantly, leavin’ nothin’ but a dull ache in their wake. I throw my head back an’ howl. Oh god! What have I done?

An annoyed shout from Scott’s room next door, an’ the sound of a book hittin’ the wall, jolts me back to my senses. Marie! I have to put this right.

I grab my jeans from the end of the bed, draggin’ them on as I hop towards the door. There’s no time for further clothin’ an’ I fling my door open, lettin’ it bang against the wall behind me as I stride barefoot out into the hallway, scentin’ the air for Marie. Her trail leads, not back to her room, but down to the main floor an’ towards the front door.

I hesitate on the porch, lookin’ out across the immaculately kept lawns, an’ her scent draws me, sweet and yet laced with the unmistakable tang of fear. Even when she was trapped in Magneto’s machine she didn’t smell like this an’ I curse myself for what I’ve done to her. I took somethin’ innocent an’ pure an’ I twisted it into somethin’ lewd an’ dirty. I’ll never be able to forgive myself for that. How can I ever hope Marie will?

I set off at a brisk jog across the grounds, her scent leadin’ me across the Japanese garden an’ out towards the lake. Figures. She’s always loved the lake with its quiet solitude. That she’s gone there now only serves to emphasise her state of mind.

I find her standin’ under her favourite tree near the boathouse, her arms held tight around her, as though huggin’ herself for the comfort. She is gazin’ out across the lake, watchin’ the play of moonlight on the water but, as I step nearer, she hears me an’ turns in my direction.

I immediately stop, holdin’ out my hands in placation.

“I’m so sorry,” we both say at exactly the same moment.

I move forward slowly an’ join her under the tree. For once, I am lost for words an’ I stand beside her silently, starin’ out over the lake. What the hell could I say that would ever put things right between us?

For both our sakes, I have to try an’ find somethin’.

“Marie ……” I begin, but she raises a hand an’ cuts me off.

“Don’t say anything, Logan.” Her voice is hard, nothin’ like the soft Southern tones I have come to know an’ love. “Ah’m sorry for using my power on you, but you …… you hurt me, Logan. You …… scared me.”

Her words cut me straight to the heart and I hang my head in shame. “I’m …… I’m truly sorry, Marie. I guess I should go.”

I turn to walk away, but her hand on my arm stops me. “Wait, Logan. What …… what happened back there?”

I remain standin’ with my back to her, unable to look her in the eye. “I …… I lost control, Marie. You saw what happened. I let the beast inside me take over an’ I …… I almost raped you.”

“You didn’t rape me, Logan.” Her voice is soft, almost a whisper, an’ it’s torture to my soul. “Ah came to your room tonight because ah wanted you. And heaven help me, ah …… ah still do.”

I turn to face her, my expression one of incredulous disbelief. “I …… what the hell did ya just say, Marie?”

“I said, ah want you, Logan. Always have. Always will.”

My head is spinnin’. “But how can you? After what I did …… ?”

She reaches out to take my hand, sendin’ a jolt rushin’ through me. “Why did you do it, Logan? Why did you lose control?”

“Because I’m an animal!” I pull my hand from hers an’ turn away, but she grasps my arm an’ drags me back.

“No, that’s not the reason, Logan. Why did you lose control? What made the Wolverine take over? Tell me!”

“Because I want you, Marie!” My voice is harsher that I meant it to be an’ she takes a step back in surprise. “I want you so much it fuckin’ hurts! An’ when ya came ta me tonight, sayin’ ya wanted me too an’ smellin’ like ya did, I ……” I drag my hand through my hair, lookin’ around me wildly, tryin’ to avoid this but knowin’ she’ll never understand unless I tell her. “Dammit, Marie, why can’t ya see that I love you?”

There. The words are out now. I’ve said my piece an’ I’m just gonna have to live with the consequences of it. An’ whether she can ever come to love me back or not, at least she’ll know the reason why I’ve always been there for her, protectin’ her …… lovin’ her from afar ……

But the floodgates have been opened an’ there’s no goin’ back.

“Have ya any idea what ya do ta me, Marie? How ya scent drives me crazy whenever yer near? How I want ta touch ya …… ta hold ya an’ make ya mine completely?” I’m pacin’ now an’ she’s watchin’ me, one hand coverin’ her mouth in shock. “Do ya know what it’s like ta be near someone every day an’ not be able ta tell ‘em how ya feel? Do you, Marie? ‘Cause I do, an’ it’s drivin’ me insane!” I turn, pinnin’ her with a feral glare. “An’ ya wonder why I lost control!”

I snap my mouth shut there, realising I’ve probably said too much as her eyes fill with tears, an’ I turn away, disgusted with myself. Between one thing an’ another, I’ve made a right royal cock-up of things tonight an’ I’ve probably alienated the only true friend I’ve got in this entire madhouse into the bargain. Chuck would be proud of me. He took me in thinkin’ I could make somethin’ o’ myself by workin’ with the kids an’ I can’t even be trusted around them. The irony makes me snort in morbid amusement.

I can hear Marie snifflin’ behind me, but I can’t bring myself to turn around. I’ve hurt her. Again. It’s probably best for both of us if I put some distance between us right now.

I’m about to do what I do best an’ storm off to relieve some tension in the Danger Room when Marie steps up behind me. “Logan, ah’m …… ah’m so sorry.” Well, that’s the last thing I expected her to say. “Ah never once thought about what ah was doing to you all this time. It was all new to me – to finally be able to look forward to touching someone. Ah never once thought that you …… Oh god, Logan, ah’ve led you on so badly! Flirted with you. Played with your feelings. Came to your bed and tried to seduce you, never once thinking how that would make you feel. Ah was so wrong, Logan. Ah can see that now.”

“Marie, don’t.” I reach for her an’ then drop my hands with a resigned sigh. After what I’ve done she probably doesn’t want me to touch her right now. Probably never again. “Don’t try to take the blame fer this. I lost control. It was my fault.”

“No, Logan, it wasn’t. It was our fault.” Marie smiles hesitantly an’ it’s a beautiful sight. My heart leaps in hope. “It was six of one and half a dozen of the other. It couldn’t be helped.”

“Marie, what the hell are ya tryin’ ta say?”

“What ah’m sayin’ is, that we should forget that this happened and start again.” She pauses an’ looks out over the water, her silhouette so beautiful to me in the moonlight. “When you said those words to me …… said that you loved me, ah didn’t expect that. Not from you. Ah came to you tonight expecting you to view me as a one night stand. A …… a quick fuck.” Her voice breaks. “But ah was willing to deal with that just so ah could be with you. Even if it was just once. Because ah ……” She turns back to me, her eyes shining, wet with tears. “Because ah love you, Logan. Ah’ve loved you since the day you came to my rescue on that deserted highway in Canada. An’ when you almost died for me on the Statue of Liberty, ah loved you even more.”

“Christ, Marie!” She bursts into tears then, an’ I reach for her, pulling her into my arms. She comes willingly, sobbin’ bitterly against my shoulder, an’ I rub her back an’ stroke her hair, all the time makin’ soothin’ noises an’ whisperin’ meaningless words. I haven’t the faintest idea what I’m sayin’ – calmin’ distraught females ain’t my forte after all – but somethin’ seems to work an’ her sobs gradually quieten an’ her sniffles subside as she gets herself back under control.

“Shit, Logan, ah’m so sorry. Ah didn’t mean to cry all over you like that.” She pulls back slightly, wipin’ her eyes with the back of her hand, an’ I let her go. It’s the last thing I want to do. She feels so good in my arms an’ I want to hold her an’ caress her. But it’s thoughts like that that got me into trouble in the first place an’ I reluctantly allow her to draw away as she dries her tears, leavin’ my hands restin’ lightly on her shoulders. No matter how hard I try, I can’t break contact completely.

“Ah came to you tonight, Logan, fully intending to let you make love to me.” When she begins to speak her voice is soft, almost a whisper. If not for my enhanced hearin’ I doubt I’d be able to hear her above the sound o’ the water lappin’ against the bank. “But when you began to push into me, I panicked. Ah was no longer in control of my own body an’ that scared me. So ah …… ah touched you …….”

“Christ, Marie, don’t!” My hands tighten on her shoulders. “Don’t relive it, darlin’. I …… I’m sorry. I shoulda listened ta ya.”

“No, Logan, you don’t understand. I wasn’t ready then.” Her eyes capture mine as she takes my hands and places them around her waist. “But ah’m ready now.”

She leans in closer, pressin’ her body to mine as she tilts her head to look up at me. An’ all I can see are her full luscious lips invitin’ me in.

I shake my head. “No, Marie, I …… I can’t.” I shudder at the memory of her anguished cries an’ pull back, but she follows, touchin’ her lips gently to mine. “Kiss me,” she whispers, an’ my world explodes, sending me spiralling down a path I thought never to walk. Breathin’ her name, I allow our lips to touch.

The kiss is everythin’ the first one wasn’t – soft yet urgent, gentle yet demandin’. Her arms come up to wrap around my neck as I gently cup the back of her neck an’ I sigh softly against her mouth at the feel of her hot breasts pressin’ into my chest through the silky material of her nightie.

I pull back an’ drop little butterfly kisses along the curve of her neck to her shoulder, hearin’ her sigh delicately in response to the touch of my lips. When I reach the shoe-string strap of her nightie I slowly nudge it off her shoulder an’ kiss the place where it rested. My movements are slow an’ calculated. I don’t want to frighten her an’ I certainly don’t want to lose control. But the beast is locked safely away behind the bars of its prison an’ I have no intention o’ lettin’ it go free again. It howls at me, beats against the confines of its prison, but I’m not listenin’. I’m listenin’ instead to the arousin’ sighs of the woman in my arms.

I return to her mouth to kiss her again, our lips growing more urgent as they slide together. Desperate for more, I nudge my tongue against her lower lip, seekin’ entrance. After a moment’s hesitation, they part an’ I tilt my head an’ deepen the kiss, gently explorin’ her mouth as she moans against me.

My free hand drifts down her neck to her shoulder an’ I nudge the remainin’ strap away, my fingers tracin’ little circles on her skin as our tongues slowly slide together in a sensual dance. Her little nightie is held up only by the press of our bodies now an’ I growl softly in warnin’ as she suddenly steps away from me, only for that growl to die in my throat as she gives a little shimmy an’ allows the flimsy coverin’ to fall to the ground at her feet. My heart’s poundin’ in my chest as she stands before me, the soft moonlight highlightin’ those gentle curves o’ hers to perfection an’ I know that, whatever else happens in the craziness I call my life I will never see a sight more beautiful than this.

Her scent changes. She’s nervous, unsure of herself an’ how I’ll react, but she’s also aroused – determined even – an’ before she can react I pull her back to me, capturin’ her mouth in a searin’ kiss an’ slowly an’ ever so gently lowerin’ her down to the ground where I lie beside her in the sweet scented grass.

I take my time explorin’ her, getting’ to know the curves that, up until now, I have only dreamed about. She responds to my touch with a careless abandon, writhin’ under my hands as I stroke her body. When she arcs into my touch with a lustful cry, thrustin’ her breasts skyward, I lower myself down an’ suck her nipple into my mouth, teasin’ with my teeth an’ lathin’ with my tongue. She moans my name an’ fists her little hands into my hair, heedless o’ the fact that she is drivin’ me crazy.

My free hand drifts lower an’ lower, skimmin’ across the perfect expanse of her stomach an’ pausin’ to dip into her belly button, before headin’ further south. Her legs fall obligingly open as I reach her dark mound an’ I hesitate, reluctant to continue for fear o’ scarin’ her. But her hand suddenly covers mine, urgin’ it downwards, an’ her voice whispers breathily in my ear.

“Please, Logan …… oh god …… please ……”

I’m only too pleased to do her biddin’ an’ I drop my hand lower to cup the delicate flesh between her legs. Her moans intensify an’ she rocks her hips against my hand, releasin’ my hair to grab a fistful o’ grass. Entranced, I sit up so that I can see her face as I slowly an’ firmly push my finger into her hot core.

She goes wild, her lithe body writhin’ like a snake as I slowly withdraw an’ push back in. Her eyes are closed an’ she bites down on her lower lip as if to muffle the cries that are wellin’ up in her throat. When I add a second finger she makes a grab for my hair, draggin’ me down to where she can reach my lips with her own, devourin’ them mercilessly an’ pantin’ against my mouth.

Jesus Christ, I gotta get out o’ these jeans! I’m so hard that I’m in danger o’ doin’ myself an injury an’ somehow I manage to get my free hand around an’ down so that I can undo the button an’ unzip my fly. My cock springs out, hugely erect an’ ready for action. Bein’ released from the confines o’ my pants does nothin’ to calm the ache for release, but the cool night air eases the throbbin’ heat somewhat.

Marie is pantin’ an’ cryin’ between kisses now an’ I realise she is very near her climax. I pump my fingers faster, openin’ them a little wider, an’ her hands tighten in my hair, almost pullin’ clumps out by the roots. Her body jerks beneath my hands as her climax builds an’ I suck in a breath as she bites down hard on my lip, lost in the throes of her passion. I pull away, takin’ myself out of reach of her teeth as my own blood pools in my mouth, an’ then suddenly she cries out, archin’ upwards, her inner muscles grippin’ my fingers as her orgasm hits.

Watchin’ her face as she rides the pleasure of her orgasm does nothin’ for my own throbbin’ desire, an’ I groan in frustration, wantin’ nothin’ more than to bury myself in those soft folds an’ feel those inner muscles grip my cock the way they’re grippin’ my fingers. As her shudders subside, I pull my fingers out an’ stand up to remove my jeans fully, kickin’ them away from me, heedless of where they land. As I lie back down beside her I notice her eyes, big an’ wide in the moonlight an’, before I can react, she reaches out an’ takes my cock in her hand ……

“Oh Christ …… Marie ……!” Words fail me an’ my brain shuts down all higher motor functions as her fingers slide down my length, incitin’ a long groan of lustful ecstasy to rumble in my throat. Somehow I end up on my hands an’ knees straddlin’ her as she lays on her back, puttin’ me in the perfect position for her to stroke an’ caress me. When her other hand slips under the radar to squeeze my balls I almost jerk outta her grasp.

“Y’like that?” Her sultry purr somehow manages to invade my pleasure fogged brain an’ I nod, languidly. “Oh shit, yeah …… Don’t stop, baby …… Don’t stop ……”

She doesn’t, an’ I sigh as her hands continue to move up an’ down my length, sendin’ me to places I haven’t been in a long time. God Almighty, does this woman realise what she’s doin’ ta me? My breath grows increasingly ragged as she begins to settle into a steady strokin’ rhythm an’ when her thumb trails across the glossy head at the apex of her stroke I arch my back, bitin’ back a wicked curse. Jesus, I would let this woman do anythin’ she wanted if this feelin’ could go on forever. If she wants my claws for letter openers, I’ll cut ‘em out an’ give ‘em to her myself.

When I start to thrust into her hand, I realise I’m close. As much as I’m aching for release, when I come I wanna come inside her, not all over her. So I cover her hands with one o’ mine, tryin’ to look reassurin’ as I look back into her trustin’ green eyes.

“Marie, honey, I need …… I need ta come, okay? But not like this. I wanna be inside you ……”

She’s quiet for a moment an’ I’m actually resignin’ myself to havin’ to finish off the job myself just to get some relief, when she nods. “Yes,” she whispers, breathily. “Ah’m ready for you. Logan.”

“Oh, baby!” I lower myself down an’ capture her lips in a crushin’ kiss. “I love ya so much, babe!”

I quickly change position, gently partin’ her legs so that I can settle between them. My breath catches in my throat when I see how wet she still is from her climax an’ I can’t wait to feel that wetness around me.

Her face clouds momentarily as her eyes lower to take in the size of my erection an’ I pause. I don’t want to take her if she’s not willin’. Not this time.

“Will it hurt?” she asks, finally, her voice shakin’ with the anxiety she is so obviously feelin’.

I can’t lie to her. “It’ll hurt, babe,” I confirm, honestly. “But I’ll try to make it quick, okay?”

I reach out to press my hand to her cheek an’ she tilts her head to kiss my palm in a gesture both lovin’ an’ touchin’. An’ I know in that moment that, once this is over, I will never hurt this woman again.

I take my cock in my hand, grunting as even my own touch makes it jerk with anticipation. I have never been this big, this hard, for anyone – ever. My balls are so swollen that I feel as though they’re gonna explode. I’m actually feelin’ kinda pleased with myself. I only hope Marie appreciates the sentiment.

I nudge the head of my cock against her wetness, sighin’ at the delirious feelin’ even this tentative contact invokes. I position myself carefully, keepin’ my eyes fixed on Marie’s the whole time. If she changes her mind, I wanna know instantly, before I go too far to stop myself.

She’s nervous, understandably, an’ she’s bitin’ on her lower lip as though to brace herself for what is about to come. But she gives me a reassurin’ nod.

With a smooth jerk, I push my cock into her.

She immediately tenses at the intrusion an’ her muscles clamp down on me so tightly that I almost come, right there an’ then.

“Shit, Marie! Ease off a bit, will ya?”

“Tryin’,” she hisses, through gritted teeth. “You’re too big ……”

I cut off the rest of her words as I press my lips to hers, slidin’ my tongue into her mouth as she immediately grants me entrance. My hands caress her body in long sweepin’ strokes, up along her ribcage, across her shoulders an’ down to her breasts, where I concentrate on teasin’ her nipples into hard little peaks. I’m tryin’ to get her to relax, to forget that my cock is knockin’ at the door, waitin’ to plunge deep inside her. Somethin’ seems to work. She arches beneath me, pushin’ her breasts into my hands with a languid sigh that tastes sweet in my mouth – an’ I thrust forward once more.

I get further this time, but I can sense that I am now against her barrier an’ before either of us can have second thoughts on this, I pull back an’ surge forward with all the power I can muster.

She cries into my mouth, shudderin’ violently beneath me as I sheath myself fully in her seethin’ core. I break the kiss, restin’ my forehead against hers, pantin’ heavily at the new an’ excitin’ sensations that are assaultin’ my brain. Oh god, I’m in. I’m finally in.

“Jesus!” Marie regains control of her voice. Her hands rest on my shoulders, pushin’ me back slightly so that she can look into my eyes. “Are you …… ?”

I smile back at her, givin’ her a rare glimpse of my impressive canines. “Yeah, darlin’, I am.” I place my hands in the grass beside her head an’ push up. Her gaze travels down my bare chest to where our bodies are intimately joined. An’ bless ‘er, she blushes. “Oh …… oh, Logan!”

“Are ya okay with this?” I ask, suddenly concerned. “Am I hurtin’ ya?”

“No!” she hastens to assure me. “I mean, there was pain, lots of it, but it’s just a numb ache now.” She gives an experimental wiggle an’ I growl at the feelings that suddenly rush at me from my nether regions. “Ah can feel you, Logan. Inside me. You feel …… wonderful ……”

“There are better things ta come, darlin’,” I boast, an’ pull out almost ta the head ta begin our love-makin’ in earnest.

I do my best to make her first time somethin’ memorable. Temperin’ my desire to come quick n’ hard, I settle into a slow, easy rhythm, growlin’ in approval when Marie learns quickly an’ matches it. Her core is tight an’ hot, grippin’ my cock like it never wants to let go, an’ my breath comes in ragged gasps each time I surge into her. Pretty soon I am thrustin’ into her as though my life depends on it, a constant growl rumblin’ in my chest as Marie writhes beneath me, scratchin’ furrows in my back with her long fingernails.

Oh, Jesus, what this woman does ta me! I have never experienced anythin’ like this an’ I am fairly sure I have fucked a lot of women in my life. But to use that word to describe what I am feelin’ while I move inside Marie would be to cheapen the whole experience – make it somethin’ meaningless an’ tawdry. This is nothin’ like that – this is the kind of love-makin’ that only occurs between two people who have given their heart an’ soul to each other unconditionally. This is heaven made manifest – a joinin’ of kindred spirits.

Honestly, I’m surprised I can’t hear angels singin’ ……

Marie is close now, I can sense it – smell it. Encouraged by her heated moans, I thrust faster, groanin’ right along with her as my own climax builds. Slippin’ my hands beneath her hips, I tilt them upwards, allowin’ me to penetrate deeper. My ears are filled with the sound of her frenzied cries for release.

“Marie …… oh god, baby …… come fer me, darlin’ …… I wanna hear ya scream……”

Her second orgasm of the night hits with all the subtlety of an earthquake, shudderin’ through her body an’ forcin’ my name from her lips in a cry of unrestrained ecstasy. She arches beneath me, her inner muscles clampin’ down on my cock with such intensity that, for a moment, sparks flash at the edge of my vision.

“Jesus, Marie, I’m …… Shit, I’m comin’ …… !”

I crash over the edge of my own climax, growlin’ like a madman as the urge to come overtakes me. Searin’ heat surges up an’ along my cock like molten lava and, as I begin to release deep into the body of my lover, I throw my head back an’ howl my conquest to the moon.

Still comin’ in wave after glorious wave, totally delirious with the force of my release, I clamp my teeth to the soft, fleshy skin at the base of Marie’s neck. Suckin’ once, twice to bring the blood to the surface, I bite down, brutally, oblivious to my lover’s startled gasp.

An’ just like that, I mark her as mine.


oooOOOooo




The sky is just beginnin’ to lighten with the comin’ o’ dawn by the time we finally stir from the sleepy embrace we fell into followin’ our love-makin’. I am still inside her, still semi-hard surprisingly, considerin’ the length o’ time that has passed, but I pull out of her with some reluctance as she yawns an’ blinks at me sleepily.

“Hey, Marie.” I reach out to tuck a stray lock of white hair behind her ear an’ she presses a kiss to my palm.

“Hey yourself, sugah.” She sighs languidly an’ looks around her with interest. “Did we really do what ah thought we did last night?”

“We sure did, darlin’. Twice.”

“Wow.” Her fingers go unerringly to the bite on her neck, touchin’ it hesitantly, an’ my heart sinks. “You bit me?”

“Er …… yeah, I did, Marie …… Look, about that …… I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. Ah kinda like it. It means ah’m yours.” She smiles, reassuringly. “Maybe you could do one at the other side next time, so ah’d have a matchin’ set?”

“Okay,” I promise.

An’ as simple as that, we establish ourselves as a couple.

We try to get dressed, but our nakedness proves somethin’ of a distraction, to the extent that I end up takin’ Marie again against the trunk of the tree we slept beneath.

Afterwards, walkin’ back to the mansion with our hands entwined an’ the sound o’ awakenin’ bird song accompanyin’ us, Marie keeps fingerin’ the mark on her neck an’ I know that, by lunchtime, all the girls in the mansion will know about it. By tomorrow, rumours will be circulatin’ – how a shy an’ petite Southern Belle has tamed the bad-ass Wolverine.

Scooter will have a field day.

But, y’know what? I don’t give a damn.

‘Cause I love this girl, an’ I’d do anythin’ for her. She could put a collar around my neck an’ lead me around on a chain an’ if that’s what they call bein’ tamed, then so be it.

I may have marked her, but she’s marked me too. Only her marks aren’t anywhere on the surface where they can be seen. No, hers are on my heart, an’ only I know they are there.

I will wear them proudly wherever I go. For her.

For Marie.

But if anybody makes an issue outta this, they’ll end up wearin’ a different set o’ marks. An’ I doubt they’ll be as benign.
Chapter End Notes:
NEXT: The secret is out!