11. An Itch to Scratch




I awake the next mornin’ with a light head an’ the sense o’ displacement that tells me I’ve recently taken a walk on the feral side. A small body curled up against my side warns me I’m not alone. Scent tells me it’s Marie, an’ she smells calm, so I ain’t worried – at least I haven’t hurt her. Room is thick with the smell o’ sex though, so I’m guessin’ we had a good time after I zoned out. Thing is, I can’t remember much after Marie finished jackin’ me off – just some shattered images o’ naked limbs an’ heated lips. Figures. Seems as though we had a wild night an’ I can’t remember it.

Story o’ my life.

Marie stirs against me an’ I tilt my head to look down at her. We fell asleep on top o’ the bed covers an’ the sight of her naked limbs pressed to mine raises a growl to my lips. I place my hand gently on her rounded hip, enjoying the feel of her softness against my palm, an’ she mumbles softly in her sleep, words so low even I can’t pick ‘em out.

I allow my hand to drift along the curve of her hip, ghostin’ along her ribs until I reach her breast. Feelin’ myself growin’ horny, I dip my hand an’ pinch the dusky nipple. Marie stirs an’ moans an’ then opens an eye, her full lips drawin’ back into a lazy smile as she sees me hoverin’ above her.

“Hey, sugah.”

“Hey, yerself,” I respond, jauntily. My thumb grazes her hardenin’ nipple an’ she stretches languidly against me, displayin’ her body shamelessly to my eyes. A ragged growl rumbles in my throat an’ I can feel a tightenin’ in my groin.

Marie’s eyes drift steadily downwards an’ give an exaggerated roll. “Oh, sugah, not again, surely? Isn’t three times enough?”

“Three ……..?” I ask, before I can stop myself. Christ, I can’t remember any of it.

Marie palms my cheek, her eyes full o’ love an’ trust. “Ah’ve had a great time, sugah, really ah have, but you’ve been at it most o’ the night an’ I’d really like to get some sleep. Three times is enough for any girl, even if you did let me sleep a little between bouts.”

I flop back to the pillows with a grunt, inwardly preenin’ at her words. Kept her at it all night, did I? Well, hooray fer me.

Wish I could remember it.

Marie snuggles back into my side, then reconsiders an’ props herself up on one elbow so that she can look down on my face. “Next time though, sugah, ah’d appreciate it if you’d let me go pee every now an’ then. Each time ah tried to get away, you’d just wrap me in your arms an’ pin me to the bed.”

I have the grace to look apologetic an’ Marie giggles an’ leans down to kiss my mouth. Her hand rests lightly on my stomach an’ I cover it with mine, trappin’ it against me.

“I ain’t complainin’, sugah,” she whispers, softly, flexin’ her fingers against my skin an’ makin’ my cock stir in obvious interest. “All the growlin’ an’ the bitin’ was kinda sexy. An’ ah loved the purring.”

I raise a confused eyebrow. “The what?”

“The purring, sugah. How d’ya do that, anyway?”

“Marie, I don’t purr.”

“Sure ya do, sweetie!”

“Marie, I’m tellin’ ya, I don’t purr. Ain’t never purred in my life. Ain’t about ta start now.”

Marie quirks an eyebrow at me in a gesture remarkably similar to my own, an’ kisses the end o’ my nose. “You just go on believing that, sugah, an’ we’ll get along just fine, but ah swear you were rubbin’ yourself all over me like a cat.” She pauses an’ eyes me, speculatively. “You got some sexy moves when you’re feral, sugah. Ah like it!”

“Oh?” I let an evil leer cross my face. “I got news fer ya, Marie. I got some sexy moves when I’m not feral, too.”

She squeals shrilly as I roll over an’ pin her beneath me, buryin’ my face in her neck, my hands roamin’ her body. The squirming an’ shimmying this invokes as she tries to get away from me ignites a fire in my belly an’ I nip playfully at her neck, an aroused growl rumblin’ in my chest an’ vibratin’ into hers, makin’ her gasp in surprise.

It’s no surprise that, thanks to my nose being buried in Marie’s neck an’ the sound o’ her breathless squealin’ in my ears, I miss the footsteps approachin’ her door right until it opens.

“Hey, Roguey, don’t forget we have that library project for Storm this morning and ……. Oh, Shit!! Christ, guys, I’m sorry! Shit!”

Jubilee backs off towards the door, a hand held dramatically over her eyes, as I growl a warnin’. Marie is gigglin’ like a loon beneath me. S’okay for her. It’s not her ass on show for all to see.

“Quit growlin’, I’m going! D’you realise I’m probably gonna be scarred for life after this?” Jubilee’s free hand is scrabblin’ for the door handle. “Next time, hang a sign on the door, or something, for Chrissakes! Yes, I’m going!” The door begins to close, but she can’t resist duckin’ back into the room for a partin’ shot, eyes completely uncovered. “By the way, nice ass, Wolvie!”

“Out!” I roar, reachin’ behind me to grab a pillow, which I hurl at the grinnin’ firecracker, unwittingly givin’ her a glimpse of more than just my ass. Her eyes widen in surprised admiration.

“Oooh, Rogue! You lucky girl, you!” and then she is gone, but I can hear her laughin’ all down the hallway.

“I hope yer not too attached to yer friend, Marie, ‘cause I swear I’m gonna kill her one o’ these days.” I clap a hand to my forehead. “Shit! I forgot to have her over the jackets.”

It doesn’t help that Marie is laughin’ so much that tears are runnin’ down her cheeks. I manage an affronted glare, but this just seems to amuse her more. “Oh, Logan, ya shoulda seen your face!” she finally manages to force out between giggles, as I scowl down at her.

“Shit, Marie, when will ya ever learn ta lock yer door? What if she’d walked in last night?”

This sobers Marie right up. “Oh my! While ah was ……..?” A deep pink tinge colours her cheeks.

“Yer blushin’ now?” I ask, in surprise. “After what ya did last night? Christ, Marie, I can still feel yer fingers around my balls!”

Marie sits up in alarm. “Did ah hurt ya?”

I reach out to twine a platinum lock o’ hair through my fingers. “No, darlin’, ya didn’t. Jus’ kiddin’.”

“Tease!”

I point to myself, feignin’ surprise, an’ she laughs, swingin’ her legs off the bed an’ standin’ up. I growl an’ make a half-hearted attempt to grab her, but she slips easily outta my reach.

“Come on, sugah, we gotta get up. Ah didn’t realise it was so late, an’ ah can’t be late for Storm’s class this morning. Besides, ah have a surprise for you at breakfast.”

“What kind o’ surprise?” I ask, distractedly, lookin’ around the room for my clothes. Where the hell are my pants?

“You’ll see.” Marie skips into the bathroom an’ I hear the shower start up. I slide off the bed, immediately findin’ one o’ my boots at my feet, where it’s been pushed by the openin’ door, but the sound o’ wet splashes distracts the search for the rest o’ my attire an’ I drop the boot on the bed, slippin’ silently into the bathroom, which is already fogged with steamy vapour.

The sound o’ the flowin’ water covers my approach until I slide my arms around my girl’s waist an’ pull her to my chest.

“Oooh, Logan ……..!”

I gotta shower anyway. Makes sense to save water ……..


oooOOOooo




At breakfast, I am introduced to the two mutants the X-men rescued from Boston. Two, ya ask? Ya thought they were going after one, right? Well, so did the X-men, but I’ll get to that later.

Kid’s name is Christopher Harper. Sixteen. Quiet. Still looks kinda shell-shocked, thanks to his treatment at the hands o’ those damn human rights supporters, but he’ll learn to relax soon enough. Likes to call himself Radial, due to being able to emit spherical shockwaves from his body. Great offensive power, so I’m guessin’ Chuck’ll have a field day with that one. If the kid is willin’, that’s another recruit for the cause.

My surprise turns out to be the second mutant – guy by the name o’ Remy LeBeau, also known as Gambit. We met a couple o’ years back in New Orleans. X-men were sent in to take down a local crimelord who was using young mutants as slave labour, an’ the Thieves Guild sent LeBeau to lend a hand. Trouble is, he also claims to have met me before the New Orleans job, but I can’t remember jack-shit o’ any of it.

Anyway, turns out he was in Boston ‘cause he’s on the run from the Thieves Guild. An arranged marriage has been set up between LeBeau an’ a girl from the Assassins Guild in an attempt to forge peace between the two. An’ Remy? He ain’t havin’ none of it, an’ took off. He was in Boston that night by chance, saw the X-Jet arrivin’ to save the boy an’ decided to hitch a free ride an’ claim sanctuary. Chuck’s a sucker for strays, so it seems he’ll be an unofficial member o’ the team for as long as he wants. Or at least until the Thieves Guild find him.

LeBeau an’ the boy dined with the Professor in his private rooms last night – breakin’ ‘em in gently, or some such shit – but while Harper is characteristically quiet over his meal, LeBeau is the life an’ soul o’ the party, charmin’ us with his pretty stories an’ generally settin’ the ladies’ hearts poundin’. I’m okay with this – he can talk as much as he likes, as long as he don’t expect me to contribute – but when he reaches over to steal a piece o’ bacon from my girl’s plate, I growl a warnin’.

He backs off immediately, but there’s a knowin’ twinkle in his devilish red eyes, an’ Marie grins at me as I drain my coffee mug an’ stand to head down to my first class in the Danger Room.

“Jealous, sugah?” she asks, in a whisper only my ears can hear, as I bend to kiss the top of her head in farewell.

“Jus’ lettin’ him know the lay o’ the land,” I retort, an’ leave her to figure it out.

My defence class are already waitin’ for me when I arrive at the Danger Room, minus fightin’ jacket which still bears the fruits o’ Jubilee’s labours. Judgin’ by the silly grins on their faces, it’s obvious the firecracker has been enlightenin’ ‘em all as to what she saw in Rogue’s room this mornin’.

Gotta put a stop to this shit right now, or they’ll think they can walk all over me.

“Okay, listen up. Jus’ cause I got laid last night, it don’t mean I’m in a good mood this mornin’. I want ya ta pair up an’ start warmin’ up. We’re gonna be workin’ on hand ta hand today, an’ here’s the good news, kiddies. Yer gonna be takin’ me on, one on one.”

Heartfelt groans. That’ll teach ‘em.

“Jubilee, front an’ center. I want a word.”

Kid actually looks scared as she approaches, but when I mention my jacket she quickly assures me that she used soluble dye, an’ the writin’ will come off with soap an’ water. Good for her. Otherwise I’d be takin’ the cost of a new jacket outta her allowance.

Nevertheless, I make sure to work her harder than the others durin’ the two hours I’ve got the kids for trainin’ an’ she is sweatin’ like a pig as they head for the showers, although she still finds the strength to pinch my ass as she stalks past.

Obviously thinks her friendship with my girl gives her diplomatic immunity.

Maybe a dunk in the pool will rid her o’ that notion?

I hang back after class an’ spend another hour dicin’ up some Sentinels but, when the programme ends, I still feel antsy. Got too much nervous energy that I need to expend. Forget the Danger Room, what I need is a good old-fashioned brawl.

An’ I know just how to get one.

After lunch, I make a few calls an’ a couple o’ hours later, I get a reply for my efforts. There’s an illegal cage fight going down tonight in a small town called Beauford, about sixty miles away. No questions asked – winner takes all.

There’s a predatory grin on my face as I stalk to Marie’s room. If we set off straight away, we can make it to Beauford in time to check out the competition before the fightin’ starts.

Marie is all for the idea, an’ I know watchin’ me fight makes her horny, so I’m in for a wild time tonight in more ways than one. We both change quickly – me into jeans, layered shirts an’ boots, an’ Marie into a pair o’ jeans so tight they look sprayed on, a crop top that shows a mouth-waterin’ amount o’ bare flesh, an’ a pair o’ knee high, high heeled leather boots with silver studs embedded in the buckles. Dressed like that, I almost change my mind about fightin’ an’ bear her down to the bed to strip it all off her again, but my knuckles are itchin’ to bury themselves in somebody’s face, an’ I’ll still get to strip Marie later anyway.

I‘m just headin’ for the door when Marie reaches into her wardrobe an’ produces my favourite leather jacket – the one that was missin’. I quirk an eyebrow at her as I poke my finger through a bullet hole in the back.

“Ah’m sorry, sugah. It got all shot up when we were ambushed. Ah was gonna get it mended, but ah figured you’d like to wear it tonight.”

“No, don’t bother, I kinda like it.” I shrug into the jacket, checkin’ out my reflection in the full length mirror. “Bullet holes make me look kinda bad-ass, don’t ya think?”

Marie just laughs. “If you say so, sugah!”

Once again, I head for the door, stoppin’ this time when I see my dog-tags lyin’ on the bedside table. Snatchin’ ‘em up, I hand ‘em to Marie. “Wear these.”

“What for?” she asks, takin’ ‘em from me an’ slippin’ the chain over her head.

“Because yer mine,” I reply, simply.

We head out, but down in the hallway we encounter the one person I really coulda done without this evenin’.

“Where’re you going?” Scott asks, from the library doorway.

I respond with a snarl, but Marie favours him with a reply, albeit tinged with venom. “Out,” she snaps. “To Beauford. Logan’s gonna cage fight.”

“Cage fight? Rogue, you let Logan go if he wants to bust heads that badly, but you’re staying right ……..”

“Come on.” I grab Marie’s hand an’ pull her towards the garage door, ignorin’ the rest o’ Summers’ tirade. If he’s not careful, the head I’ll be bustin’ tonight will be his.

In the garage, I look around stupidly, peerin’ between the cars. “Where the hell’s my bike?”

Marie’s hand flies to her mouth. “Oh, Logan, ah’m so sorry, ah forgot! It got all banged up in the crash. Pete dropped it off in town to be repaired, a couple of days ago.”

“Crash?” I question, then shake my head. “Never mind, tell me later. We’ll take the jeep.”

The keys are in the ignition where I left ‘em an’ pretty soon we’re on the road, headin’ for Beauford. It feels kinda liberatin’ to be outta the mansion an’ Marie evidently feels it too ‘cause she props her feet up on the dash an’ leans back in her seat, givin’ me a tasty view o’ shapely leg.

She’s quiet for a long time an’ I figure she’s fallen asleep, until she turns her head an’ regards me with a guilty expression.

“What?” I ask, givin’ her a sideways glance.

“Ah’ve got a confession to make, sugah.”

I frown, suddenly fearin’ the worse. “Go on.”

She fiddles nervously with the hem of her top. “Well, last night, when ah …… you know …… asked you to trust me, I had an ulterior motive.”

“What, ya suddenly turned bad an’ decided to jack me ta death?” I raise a trademark eyebrow. “Got news fer ya, darlin’, it didn’t work.”

“No, Logan, hear me out.” She’s all serious an’ I turn to study her face, keepin’ half an eye on the road. “Y’see, when ya were in the coma, Kitty an’ me, we broke inta the Professor’s files to try an’ find out about ferals – to see if there was anythin’ we could do to help ya.” Her Southern accent is comin’ out again – figure she’s nervous. “An’ we discovered …… that they ……”

“What, darlin’? Don’t keep me in suspense here.”

“That ferals will submit only to their mates,” she blurts, all in a rush. “An’ ah figured that if you …… an’ I …… were truly mated ……”

“That I’d submit to you an’ no one else,” I finish for her. “So ya figured ya’d test me with some intense foreplay?” I knew it! I said she was up to somethin’, didn’t I? I allow myself a taut laugh. “Hell, darlin’, ya found out good an’ proper, didn’t ya?”

“You’re not mad?” She looks at me shyly from beneath lowered lashes an’ I take a hand off the wheel to cup her cheek.

“Hell, no, I’m not mad, darlin’. Ya gave me the best blow-job I can remember, how could I be mad at that?” I return my hand to the wheel an’ give my attention to the road for a second or two as I pass a slow movin’ truck. “So ya found out what ya wanted ta know. We’re a mated pair. Know what else it means?”

“No.”

“It means no fuckin’ around, Marie. Ever.” My voice is low an’ ominous, even to my own ears, but she needs to hear this. “Ferals mate fer life. We’re possessive, over-protective creatures, an’ if anyone messes with our mates, or our mates fool around with anyone else, we take it personally.”

“Then there’s nothin’ to worry about, because I’m a one man woman.” Marie squares herself up an’ looks me right in the eye. “Ah’m all yours, sugah.”

“Damn straight,” I agree, bangin’ my hand on the steerin’ wheel to cement the deal.

The rest o’ the journey is spent companionably enough an’ we pull into Beauford at around seven. There’s not much to look at – just a few stores along a dusty main street, a couple o’ industrial buildings an’ a scatterin’ o’ houses – the kinda place the cops ain’t gonna look at twice. Which is probably why the cage fights are being held here.

We find the venue quickly enough – an old warehouse adjacent to the river. Place is in darkness - they’re hardly gonna floodlight it an’ announce the illegal set up to the general populace, are they? But there are enough cars already in the makeshift parkin’ lot to let me know we’re in the right place.

“Ya ready fer this?” I ask, getting’ outta the jeep an’ walkin’ around to Marie’s side o’ the vehicle. I offer her my arm an’ she takes it, eagerly.

“Sure am, sugah!”

“Then let’s go kick some ass!”
Chapter End Notes:
NEXT: Cage fight! - Need I say more?!