Story Notes:
I would like to dedicate this story to moviemom44 and Comic-cake for all their encouragement and support!

And for those of you who thinks this story looks familiar - it is!! While trying to add another chapter this afternoon, I accidentally deleted the whole thing! (Enter appropriate expletive here!) Lost all my reviews too! So please bear with me as I rectify the situation!
A Rock And A Hard Place



1. The Promise In Her Eyes




I know it’s her the second she opens my door, her soft scent slidin’ into my consciousness an’ wakin’ me instantly from my thankfully dreamless sleep. I lie still as she hesitates in the doorway, the faint light from the single lamp left on in the hallway outlinin’ her perfect body as she stands with one hand still on the door handle, the other twinin’ a lock of dark hair uncertainly between her fingers. With my enhanced eyesight, I can see her as plain as day, but my room is dark an’ I realise she can’t see me – she can’t see if I’m awake.

I roll onto my back, sighin’ softly an’ tryin’ to sound as though I’ve just roused. She takes a single step closer.

“Logan?”

Her voice is soft an’ shakes slightly. She’s nervous. An’ the thought that she’s standin’ there, feelin’ that way, excites me all to hell.

I’ve known this moment would come since the day she finally found the trigger to turn her powers off. The day she finally held on to the Professor’s hand for ten whole minutes without drainin’ him dry. As she announced her achievement to the excited students at dinner that evening’, I could feel her intent as her gaze slid across the room to lock on to mine, an’ my heart missed the proverbial beat. Soon, those eyes promised me. We’ll be together soon.

All those weeks of watchin’ - of waitin’ for her - have taken their toll. There have been nights when I’ve hardly slept at all for lyin’ awake an’ listenin’ for her footfall outside my door. An’ there have been nights when she would come to me in my dreams. I guess those nights were the worst. You’d think I’d be used to wakin’ with a poundin’ heart an’ a howl in my throat. Nightmares. At least I don’t have those dreams any more. Not since the promise appeared in Marie’s eyes.

If the nights were bad, the days have been infinitely worse. All those hours o’ Marie tryin’ to find new an’ inventive ways of remindin’ me that I haven’t been forgotten – the ‘accidental’ brush of our bodies as we pass in the hallway, a sensual finger lingerin’ on mine as somethin’ is passed to me, a hand on my thigh under the dinner table. An’ all the time her eyes watchin’ me. Promisin’. Soon ……

As if I could forget. Dreams. Ah, shit!

Tonight, it’s different. Tonight is no dream. That she’s here now, standin’ in my room, means that she’s finally found the control needed to turn her power on an’ off at will. She’s come to fulfil her promise. A ragged sigh escapes my lips at the thought of the pleasures soon to come an’ she takes another step.

“Logan?”

“I’m here, Marie.”

I hear the undisguised lust in my own voice an’ I struggle to control my emotions as she closes the door, softly. My eyes follow her as she pads slowly to the bed an’ I hitch over to give her room as she climbs in beside me, her hair fannin’ out over the pillow as she snuggles under the covers. My heart-rate immediately goes into overdrive an’ my hands ache to touch her, to finally have her soft flesh beneath my fingers, an’ I moan softly before I can stop myself. I can feel her eyes on me in the darkness an’ my heart almost stops as she reaches out to touch my arm.

“Logan? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, Marie.” I pray she can’t hear the strain in my voice. God Almighty, to finally have her here in my bed like this …… It’s takin’ every ounce of my self control to just lie here an’ not force myself on her. The hand on my arm feels like it’s burnin’ into my flesh an’ I can’t think straight . ….. I’m gettin’ hard. Jesus, can she hear my heart poundin’ …… ?

She wriggles closer an’ her hand slips over onto my chest, her fingers cool against my heated skin. My heart is poundin’ like a drum – she’s bound to feel it now, under her fingers. She hesitates a moment an’ I can almost hear her thinkin’. When she speaks her voice is soft, hesitant …… gentle ……

“Ah’ve waited a long time for this, Logan.” Oh Jesus, so have I, Marie. “Ah know ya want me.” Ya don’t know how much, darlin’. “And ah want you too, Logan. Tonight. Now.” Jus’ shut the hell up an’ kiss me, darlin’ before I go crazy.

I can feel her leanin’ closer an’ I roll over onto my side to face her, banishin’ the remainin’ inches between us. I groan softly as her lips touch mine for the first time, her virgin kiss hesitant and inexperienced. My hand finds its way to her hip and rests there – her bare hip, I realise with a sudden jolt of clarity. She’s wearin’ a baby doll nightie which must have ridden up when she snuggled under the covers, an’ my hand is touchin’ bare flesh. Marie’s bare flesh. Oh dear lord, give me strength ……

She gasps as I lean into her an’ deepen the kiss, crushin’ my lips to hers an’ runnin’ my tongue along her lower lip to get her to part them for me. She’s inexperienced. She doesn’t know what I want. An’ so I nip her lip sharply with my teeth an’, when she parts them in shock, I plunge my tongue into her mouth, plunderin’ her from within an’ savourin’ my first sweet taste of her. Christ, how she ignites my senses! She’s like a drug. I can’t get enough.

Her hands are in my hair an’ they feel so good. I groan against her mouth an’ my heart jumps as her tongue nudges mine, the two slidin’ together sensually as she gets bolder. I push her gently onto her back an’ she goes willingly, her body archin’ upwards as my hand moves steadily northwards an’ then it’s her turn to moan as I cup her breast. I tweak her nipple with my fingers an’ she writhes in pleasure as I tease it to a hard peak, breakin’ the kiss to breathe my name. “Oh …… oh, Logan ……”

Her breathy exclamation excites me like never before. Christ, I can’t get enough o’ this woman. I need her …… want her …….

I lean over her, pinnin’ her down with my considerable weight as my lips crash down onto hers once more, devourin’ her feverishly. Her arms go around my neck, pullin’ me into her, her fingers diggin’ into my shoulders and sendin’ shudders of pleasure ripplin’ through me. I can feel my feral side fightin’ me now …… take her, she’s yours, she wants you…… But I can’t give in. I won’t. This is my moment. It belongs to me. Not to the beast.

My hand abandons her breast reluctantly and trails sensually down her ribcage as my brain tells me there are further pleasures awaitin’ to be found. Her thigh is soft beneath my hand as I nudge it gently aside an’ her breath catches as she realises my intent. When I cup the delicate mound between her legs, we both groan in unison.

Oh Christ, she’s so wet! The realisation is like a spear through my chest an’ I pull back from her lips, only to fasten my teeth onto the soft flesh at the base of her neck, growling against her skin as I lathe it with my tongue. Her hips are movin’ – undulatin’ against my hand as I finger her wet folds an’ her eyes are closed, her lips slightly parted as she makes soft little noises that set my head spinnin’. “Oh yes, Logan …… oh yes ……”

I’m so hard now that it hurts physically and I grind my erection against her thigh, achin’ for release. Her eyes widen with the sudden realisation that I’m stark naked and that there is nothin’ between her and my throbbin’ manhood.

I honestly can’t remember when it happened – or how – but suddenly I can’t control myself any longer. The feel of her wet folds beneath my fingers, her increasingly heated moans an’ the scent of her arousal tips me over the edge an’ I lose myself completely in my lust an’ the sensation of havin’ her beneath me. The feral growl that rumbles in my chest is more animal than man, but I’m too far gone to notice.

I push her legs roughly apart an’ position myself between them, graspin’ my cock firmly in my hand an’ groanin’ at the sight of her glistenin’ folds waitin’ to embrace me. I’m shakin’ so hard with the thought of enterin’ her that I can hardly hold myself steady an’ a bead of moisture forms at the tip of my cock, makin’ me crazy with lust.

I’ve gotta take her. I’ve gotta take her now!

Her eyes widen and she clutches at my shoulders as I hover over her. “Logan? Logan, what …… what are you doing?”

“What’s it look like, babe?” My throat is dry an’ my voice comes out as a raspin’ growl. “I’m gonna fuck ya senseless.”

“Logan, no. I’m …… I’m not ready.” She swallows audibly an’ pushes ineffectually at my chest an’ shoulders, tryin’ to force me back. Her scent has changed. She’s scared now, but the thought of plungin’ my cock into that heavenly wet core has stolen all reason. “Logan, please no. Not yet.”

“What’s the matter, babe? Isn’t this what you’ve always dreamed of?” I inch forward an’ my cock nudges against her folds. I close my eyes, rubbin’ the head against her an’ I huff a ragged breath as I imagine her heat enfoldin’ me. Dimly, I am aware that she is whimperin’ an’ tryin’ to push herself back. What’s the matter with her? “Isn’t this what you’ve always wanted, Marie? To be screwed by the Wolverine? To have me howl your name as I come deep inside you?”

“Oh god! Logan, please no!”

I’m too far gone to listen. The beast inside me has taken over an’ it wants its woman. I draw my lips back in a feral snarl as I force the head of my cock inside her, heedless of her frightened whimpers. “Oh Christ, Marie, this is gonna feel so good ……”

I pull back, ready for another thrust, intendin’ to bury myself deep inside her ……

…… an’ her hands clamp firmly to the side of my face as she triggers the switch to turn on her power ……
Chapter End Notes:
There we go - the first chapter uploaded again! Honestly, I could cry when I think of all the wonderful reviews I've lost! If you could find it in your hearts to leave them all again, I would be eternally grateful!

Please excuse me now while I take the laptop outside and shoot it!

NEXT: Will Logan ever be able to make amends for what he has done? And was the fault ever truly his to begin with?