Story Notes:
I needed a little break from writing Graduation Night, so I started to play my piano. Then i got the idea for this story. Rate and Comment.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I got tired of writing demonic things, so i decided to take a quick break. Hope you like it.
Logan heard a sound coming from down the hall. It was music. Beautiful music. Logan wasn’t really a huge fan of classical music, but he did know how to play, so he could appreciate a good pianist when he saw one. He started to head to the source of the music. It was coming from the reck room. Upon entering, he saw Marie sitting alone at the piano. Her hands were moving quickly up and down the row of keys as she played. She seemed very concentrated. Her fingers slipped. “Shit” she muttered. Logan began to walk over to her.
“Havin’ trouble, kid?” She spun around on the stool, startled.
“Oh, hah Logan. No, I’m fine.”
“I didn’t know you played.”
“Yeah. Want to see how?” She assumed he hadn’t ever played before. He could have fun with this.
“Sure” he said, sarcasm soaking every word “I’d love to see how to play piano.”
“Come sit then.” She slid over to make room for him on the bench. He came , put his beer on top of the piano, and sat down. The bench creaked under his weight.
“So, how is this done?”
“Well, first things first, you find middle C.” She pointed to the note on the keyboard.
“This one?” he pressed it. The note echoed in the empty room. Not only was Logan’s hearing amazing, he also had perfect pitch. “Its flat...”he thought to himself.
“Yeah! Want to try ah scale?” Marie seemed pretty happy to be teaching Logan something, instead of the other way around.
“Why not?”
“Alright, Sugah, you start bah putting your thumb on middle C, then ya just hit all the keys in order with the rest of your fingers. Like this.” She did a C scale. The smiled at Logan. “You try.”
“Alright.” He put his thumb on the C. “Marie, can you scootch, I need more room.”
“You got it.” She slid out and stood next to him. He put his thumb on the low E. “Uh...Logan?”
“I know.” He put his foot on the pedal, and began to play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. Marie stood in awe. Logan’s fingers flew across the keys like magic. He looked straight forward, never looking at his fingers. They were a blur. A crowd began to form behind Marie. No one could believe that The Wolverine, the world’s deadliest man, could create something so beautiful with the hands he had killed so many with. No one spoke. Marie could not believe her eyes. The one thing she thought she could teach him, and she was being shown up. Luckily there was a chair behind her, because she went to sit. It caught her. Her mouth just hung open. Logan continued to play, and he never faltered. Not once. Everyone was amazed, and Ororo even began to cry. It was so beautiful. The song was long, and virtually the whole population of the mansion had jammed themselves into the small room, only leaving enough room for Logan and Marie, who sat closest to him. She tried to watch his hands, but they were moving too quickly. The song jumped octaves a lot. Logan’s body was beginning to sway as he got more into the music. A smile grew on his face. He looked over at Marie, continuing to play, and said “Is this good?” Suddenly he stopped. He did a quick C scale. Then he continued where he left off, still looking at her. She nodded her head. She was speechless. As he got to the end of the piece, he stood for dramatic effect. The crowd was either open mouthed, or crying from the sheer beauty of the music Logan was creating. Logan sat to perform the last few chords, holding them out as long as he possibly could. Then he stood, turned and bowed. Then he looked at Marie, bent down, looming over her briefly before kissing her gently on the lips. He pulled back, and smiled. “Thanks for the lesson kid.” He grabbed his beer from atop the piano and walked through the crowd to the hallway. He looked back at her. “The Middle C is a little flat. Might wanna fix it.” he turned and was gone, the crowd following him. Marie looked at the piano. She stood from her chair and grabbed her sheet music from it.
“I’ll bet he doesn’t know how to play the flute...” She giggled to herself and ran out of the room.
Chapter End Notes:
Just a silly story. Rate and Comment.