Author's Chapter Notes:
This one took me a while. Major writer's block! Sorry folks!
“Jubilee, goddammit! I’ve done everything you fucking asked me too! What the hell else do I have to do before you give me Rogue’s fucking phone number,” Logan yelled, pacing over Jubilee’s yellow carpet.

Jubilee turned away from her computer, sighing irritatedly. “You’re cutting into my music time, Furball.” Logan growled, baring his teeth slightly at her. Jubilee rolled her eyes. “Alright, alright,” she paused for a long moment, collecting her thoughts. Finally, she spoke again, “All those things I had you do were for my own entertainment for the most part. I mean, I made you do things that you wouldn’t normally do… like shop with me… sing kareoke, even though you wouldn’t do it in front of everyone else, clean my dirty laundry, and smile at everyone you ran into for one day. You went through it without too much bitching so I must applaud you on that… But you haven’t done the one thing that Rogue wanted out of you. You haven’t just openly admitted that you miss her and you want her to come back. You haven’t done the hardest thing for you to do. Open up, Wolverine.”

Logan glared at her. He was pissed about doing all that ridiculous shit, especially having to sing the stupid song in front of her. What he was more pissed about was that none of those things earned him Rogue’s contact information. He should have just started his own search. He probably would have found her within a week. /This/ torture had drug on for almost a month now. “What the hell is wrong with you?!”

“Oh, shut up. Look, I’m serious, dude. You have to be willing to open up… and actually do it before I can give you anything.”

Logan growled again and stormed out of her room, slamming the door behind him. Why the hell should he open up to her? Why the hell should he open up to anyone? ‘Because Rogue was the one person you could have trusted with everything…’ the voice inside his head ground out. Logan sighed, running a hand through his hair.

Jubilee smirked. Logan would be back, in 5…4…3…2…… 1 and a half…….… 1.

The door opened again and Logan stepped in, a frown still on his face. “I miss her,” was all he said at first. He didn’t look at her, his eyes focused on the floor. “I do miss her. I just want to hear from her why she left. I… Rogue is important to me, Yellow. You know that.”

“You could’ve fooled me, Logan,” Jubilee said, crossing her arms over her chest, leaning back in her desk chair.

Logan finally looked up Jubilee. “I thought… I thought she didn’t need me anymore… she didn’t need me watching over her constantly. She needed space.”

Jubilee was quiet for a while before sighing. “No she didn’t. She got the cure… she only wanted people to get closer… physically and emotionally. You especially. You’re more important to her than anybody.”

“How come she never told me,” Logan asked, sitting down the edge of the bed, his elbows resting on his knees and his head in his hands.

“Because you never asked,” she replied. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a slip of paper. Jubilee looked at it for a moment before holding it out to Logan, who hadn’t looked up yet. After a few, silent seconds, he lifted his head a little and saw the piece of paper. His eyes locked with Jubilee’s for a moment. “It wasn’t all that hard, was it?” He looked back at the paper and then took it out of her hand.

“Thanks.”

Jubilee smiled at him and gave him a gentle pat on the thigh. “Now go convince your girl to come home, huh?”

Logan stood and frowned. “She’s not my girl.”

Jubilee smirked up at him before turning back towards her computer. “She should be, Wolvie.” Logan stared at her for a long moment before looking down at the slip of paper in his hand and walking out the door.



Storm was sitting at her desk, grading papers when the door opened. Logan was standing there, both his jackets on and a bag slung over one shoulder. She frowned slightly. “Where to this time,” she asked, not moving from her desk.

“I’m gonna go visit Rogue. I need to talk to her.”

Storm nodded and smiled. “That’ll be nice. I’m sure she’ll be glad to see you.”

“Look… Storm… what we’ve been doing… I…” Logan sighed, frustrated with himself. “We can’t sleep together anymore.”

Storm blushed slightly, but finally stood up, smoothing out her charcoal colored pant legs. “Why not?”

“Rogue.” Logan stared at Storm, seeing hurt flash across her features. “We were hurting her. If I can convince her to come back,” Logan shook his head, “I can’t stand knowing that I’m still putting her through that.”

Storm frowned. "I know."

Logan averted his gaze to the silver paperweight on the desk. “She wanted us to be happy. She didn’t want to ruin anything for us.”

Storm opened her mouth and shut it again before shaking her head. “I know, Logan, she told me before she left.”

"She told you?"

Storm sighed, running a hand through her white locks. “Yeah. I thought she'd tell you or had told you... but..."

Logan shook his head. “She didn't say a thing.” Surprisingly, he didn't look angry. "Do you think we were happy... at all?"

Storm shook her head. "I think it was just comfort." She gave Logan a small, sad smile before walking over to him and wrapping her arms around his waist in a tight hug. “Don’t force her to come back here, Logan. Just tell her that the thing between you and I… it’s over and she can come back anytime.” Logan frowned before returning the embrace lightly.

“I couldn’t make her do anything, but I’ll do my best.”

The moment passed and Logan pulled out of the hug. Storm looked sad... and yet relieved at the same time. "Stay safe, Logan."

He nodded, then turned and opened the door. He stood there with his hand on the doorknob and staring into the hallway before he sighed, and walked out, closing the door behind him.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments?