Story Notes:
So I got this idea from facebook RP. Please forgive the Rolo stuff. Blargh! It's hard enought to write that. Not even sure if this is going to end happy, so bare with me here. =)
“I’m leaving tomorrow morning,” Rogue said, standing in front of Ororo’s desk. Storm looked up at her with a solemn nod.

“Did you talk to Logan about all this,” she asked, her blue eyes narrowing slightly in question.

Rogue frowned and looked away quickly, her eyes falling onto the window that was far off to Storm’s left. She licked her lips, a look of complete resignation on her face. Storm had never seen such an expression upon the girl’s face when they were speaking about Logan. “I tried. Said he was busy and he’d talk to me later.” Storm stood and moved over to Rogue slowly, like someone might around a skittish horse.

“Rogue, honey, is there another reason you’re leaving besides how the students treated you after the cure? I mean, it seems like there’s something more.”

Rogue looked at the older woman for a moment before sighing, looking down at her shoes, and then back up at her. Her voice was quite when she spoke. “’Ro, I love Logan more than anything. It’s not hero worship, it’s not a crush. I love him… and I have a feeling I always will. So, if I find out that you broke his heart somehow, I will come back here to kick your goddess ass into the next century.”

Storm stared at the younger woman. She had always known Rogue had deeper feelings for the man, but she never would have pegged it as love. But Rogue looked dead serious. And then the other part of what Rogue said bothered Storm quite a bit. Did Rogue know about her and Logan? If she did, then who else knew? “What do you mean, ‘If I break his heart’?”

Rogue snorted and turned away. “Oh please. Do you think I’m blind and stupid?” Rogue paused for a moment, taking a deep breath, trying to hold the tears that had just flooded her eyesight back. She bit her lower lip before saying, “I have him in my head. I’m… in tune with him. I can tell when he enters a room… It also means that I know that look in his eyes. The one he’s directed at Jean, and one I’ve seen directed at you… but it’ll never be given to me. I’ve seen you come out of his room and I’ve seen him come out of yours. I’ve seen the stolen kisses. Jubilee has too. I’ve… heard you two.” The floodgates opened and Rogue openly sobbed.

“Rogue…” Storm couldn’t move. She just stared at Rogue’s back heaving with so much pain and sorrow. She wished she could give the girl comfort, but she feared she would only be bringing her more pain.

Rogue looked back at Storm, turning slightly. Tears were still streaming down the younger woman’s face. Her voice shook. “You know what hurts the most?” Storm didn’t respond, so Rogue continued. “Knowing I could never make him happy like you could… Like you are.” With that, Rogue quickly turned and moved out of the office so she could finish packing up the rest of her things.




“Wolvie! I need to talk to you,” Jubilee yelled, running after the feral mutant who seemed to be on a mission to find something… or someone.

“I’m busy kid. Maybe later.”

“Well, well. Look who always seems to be busy nowadays.”

“Excuse me?” Logan raised his eyebrow at the yellow clad, young woman when he stopped and turned to face her.

“You’re too busy to talk to Rogue about something important while you’re changing the oil on a fucking car and now you’re too busy to talk to me about Rogue when you seem to be walking around aimlessly. But if you’re too busy, then go on and do whatever it is you need to do. What I need to say isn’t important at all… even though it’s about the person who cares the most about you.” There was a dangerous edge to Jubilee’s voice and the way she turns on her heel worried Logan. He jogged after her and grabbed her by the shoulder, spinning her around.

“Wait, hold on. What about Rogue?”

Jubilee smirked darkly at him and crossed her arms over her chest. “Don’t you just hate it when guys take advantage of the women that care the most about them?” Jubilee lifted one hand and looked at her wrist, tapping a nonexistant watch. “Oh, look at the time, I should be going… in… that general direction.” Jubilee turned away again with a vague motion towards the dining room and headed off down the hall, leaving a momentarily confused Logan standing there, staring after her.

“When the hell have I ever taken advantage of her,” Logan asked himself while standing there. He heard Bobby snort while shooting him a glare before he stalked off, arm and arm with Kitty. /Mental note: Don’t talk out loud to yourself, dumbass,/ Logan thought.




Rogue heard a knock at her door. She knew who it was. She didn’t need to smell the cigar smoke or the smell of leather to tell her who was waiting on the other side. She sniffled, wiping her tears away with an angry swipe, but didn’t move from her spot on her bed nor did she say anything. If he cared at all, he’d open that door without permission. If he didn’t open the door, then her suspisions would be confirmed. When the door opened just a crack, Logan called out, “Kid, ya decent?”

“My name’s Marie,” was his only response. Logan took that as a sign to come in, but it wasn’t exactly welcoming either. He opened the door and stepped in, closing it behind him. Once he took in her tear stained face, he frowned and crossed the room in two strides.

“What’s wrong,” he asked her, crouching down in front of her, placing on hand lightly on her knee.

Rogue was quiet for a long time. Logan inched closer to her, reaching a hand up to trace a white streak. “I’m moving,” she said, suddenly. Logan stared at her, looking confused.

“To another floor?”

Rogue snorted. “Sure, if that’s what you want to call it. I prefer to call it Alaska.”

Logan growled and stood up. “To hell you’re moving anywhere farther than the borders of the X-Mansion’s grounds.”

“It’s not your choice, Logan,” Rogue said, standing up as well, glaring at him.

“When the hell were you gonna tell me,” he snarled.

“You know how I tried to talk to you earlier, but you were ‘too busy’?”

Logan’s frown turned into something that could have been interpereted as a grimace. He was quiet for a long moment before looking up at her. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“I don’t have to answer to you. You’re not my father, remember?”

“But I am a teacher. It’s nice to know when a student is gonna be leaving, kid.”

Rogue snorted again. “In case you haven’t noticed, I’m not a student anymore. And in case you haven’t noticed, I’m not a kid! I never was. But you wouldn’t have noticed, would you? You weren’t there for my 21st birthday or my 20th. You were off on one of your 'quests' to search for your past. I guess my birthday didn’t mean much to you.”

Logan growled again. “I don’t know who I am, Marie. Knowing who I am is important! You are too, I just… I didn’t think about it.”

“What if you find things that you will forever regret looking for? Will it make you happier? If it makes you happier to look for it, then by all means, go, search. Just don’t expect me to wait around as your friend anymore.” Rogue went quiet, her voice softened and her expression grew melancholy. “I’m too tired to hang on the way I used to.” She sat back down on her bed. Logan was silent as was Rogue. It felt like an hour passed, but realistically it was only a few minutes of uninterrupted silence.

Finally, Logan asked, “Why are you leaving?”

Rogue lowered her gaze to his chest. “Jubilee and Storm both have that answer. Ask them. I have to finish packing, so I’d appreciate it if you left.”

Logan stared at her for a long moment before sighing and said, “I’m sorry, Marie.” He slowly turned and moved towards the door. He opened it and stood there, staring at the ground. Then he walked out and shut it behind him. Rogue tried with all her might to hold back the fresh tears but to no avail. They slipped down her cheeks before she wiped at them with her sleeve and stood so she could finish packing.
Chapter End Notes:
Don't hate me! *cringes* It /might/ turn out a happy ending for Logan and Rogue... or it /might/ not... *shifty eyes*.