Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this took so long to post. I've been working on another fic along side this one. Hope you enjoy. Rate and Comment! I have noticed that my readers numbers goes significantly down each chapter. If you think you know why, I'd love to hear it, so i might possibly be able to fix the peoblem. Thanks :)
Rogue looked at me with confusion on her face, but I knew she understood what was happening. She tried to speak, but she choked on her words. She swallowed and tried again.
“Logan, I can’t do this.”
“Yeah you can, you have to.”
“I don’t want to forget. I don’t want to, I can’t.” She was begining to cry.
“I did. I forgot everything, and look how I turned out.”
“It wasn’t your choice though. I can stop this. I can save the memories.”
“No, you can’t.”
“You don’t understand! My whole life I have been so far away from everyone. I couldn’t get close. My memories are the closest thing to a relationship I have ever had. Everyone I love, everyone I’ve hurt, everyone that’s cared about me. I won’t know them. I can’t loose that.” I was beginning to lose my temper.
“You’re so selfish! You would rather put everyone’s lives in jeopardy than forget. I’ve forgotten before, Rogue. It’s not that bad. Sure you always wonder what it was like, but unlike me you will have a shit load of people who can fill you in. The people you love will stick around.” I was breathing heavily from my spurt of anger. I had tried my best to sugar coat it, but when blinded with annoyance it’s hard to filter everything. Rogue looked into my eye, and a tear ran down her face.
“How could you be so heartless?”
“Because I’m not a sucker for sob stories. Sometimes there are things in life we just have to cope with.”
“If you had known you were gunna lose your past before it happened, you would have probably done the same thing I’m doing.”
“No, I’d take it like a man, but some unlucky assholes would pay for it while I still remembered them.” Rogue looked down at her feet, and sniffled.
“Logan, I don’t know what to do.” She looked back up at me, her eyes a deep red and her face scrunched in sorrow. She fell into my arms and began to cry harder. I stroked her soft hair. I felt terrible for yelling at her, but I needed to be stern, or she wouldn’t listen. I looked passed her to see Remy, still standing perfectly still. He looked eerie just standing there. My chest still hurt, but the cut had clotted over. My mutant healing was shot, but my regular human healing seemed to be just fine. Rogue pushed herself off of me and rubbed her eyes.
“I just- I can’t do it.”
“Rogue, I-” She cut me off.
“But you can. Logan, I need you to help me. I’m not gunna commit mental suicide, so you’re gunna have to defeat everyone.”
“I can’t do it all by myself. I’m powerless.” She said nothing. She stepped closer to me and put her hand on my face. The velvet of her glove felt soft on my skin. She closed her eyes and began to move closer to me. I closed my eyes as well. I could feel her breath on my face. It smelled of peppermint and oranges. I moved closer until our lips met. Her lips were so soft against mine. At first we just held our lips together, until she opened her mouth just a bit. She tasted more of oranges than peppermint. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her more passionately. I knew that this was only in our minds, and that our bodies were actually on fire, but it felt so right. I held her close, and it almost felt like were floating. Wait. I opened my eyes and looked down. We were floating, quite high. Rogue opened her eyes too and looked around. She gasped at how high we were. I heard a laugh come from behind me. I turned to see Jean holding her hands up to us. The army of memories had begun to walk from the fire to the center of the hill. Rogue held me tightly and began to hyperventilate. Rogue's crying had been replaced with fear. I felt pressure in my head again, and Rogue squeezed me tighter. She was pulling us apart. I looked over at Jean. She parted her hands, and Rogue flew off of me, screaming. I watched in horror as she suddenly fell to the ground. She hit hard with a thud. I burst into tears. If she’s dead, then everything in here will take over. I will have lost her forever. I watched her lifeless body for a while. It wasn’t disappearing. She wasn’t dead yet!

I turned to face Jean. The fire had grown quite high around me, and was beginning to get closer to where Rogue was lying. “JEAN!” I called over the sound of the fire.
“What?”
“LET ME DOWN!”
“Now why would I do something so stupid?”
“THIS ISNT FAIR! LET ME FIGHT.” My voice was beginning to hurt from having to yell. I couldn’t figure out how she was so loud without yelling. Must have something to do with telepathy.
“Very well.” I wasn’t expecting her to be so compliant. Then I caught on. She closed her hand, and I began to fall. I hit the ground hard, and I heard a crack come from deep inside me. Had I cracked a rib? I looked down at my claws and found that most of the adamantium was gone, leaving only rust covered bones. I was losing my powers completely now. I pushed myself up awkwardly, my chest ached. That was the first time I actually had to use my useless wrists. I got to my feet and looked over to Rogue. Her chest was moving slightly, and a pool of blood was forming around her. A tear formed in my good eye. I turned around to be greeted by Jean’s army. They all stood just behind Remy, who still hadn’t moved. The fire was enveloping half of them, but none of them moved either. Remy's mouth turned up into a smile. His eyes seemed to unglaze, only for a second. He opened his mouth and muttered, almost completely inaudibly, the word “attack.” He raised his arms above his head and the fire grew higher, like he was controlling it. The entire army began to run forwards towards me. I stood, completely unprepared, but ready to take them all on. This was it.
Chapter End Notes:
I know this chapter 13 stuff must seem like its really dragging on, but I just love wriring it. Rate and Comment Please!