Author's Chapter Notes:
Quite short. Had to get him alone with her. I hope you like it.
I reached the first part of the path that lead into the trees. One of Rogue’s shoes was lying in a burnt hole in the ground. She was here alright. The smell of the rain and blood was making it difficult to track her, but I could smell her a little bit. She was close. I started in when I saw a pile of what looked like burnt sawdust. I assumed that it had been a tree at one point, but it meant I was on the right track. I tried to step forward, when I suddenly felt very light headed. The rocks and twigs on the ground around me were beginning to raise and float. She was lifting everything. She was using Jean’s powers. I began to run faster, but it was like running on the moon. I just bounced slowly, and I was getting nowhere fast. I still needed to locate her. I called her name. Nothing. I began to hover above the ground. Suddenly a huge ray of pink light shot upwards from the middle of the forest. A scream followed. Suddenly, everything dropped, including me. I hit the ground hard, but got up just as fast. I ran to where I saw the light. The closer I got the more destruction I saw. Trees literally uprooted, whole sections of ground just whisked away, a few dead caribou. The pink light shone again. There was immense heat coming off of it. Cyclops. Rogue was using Scott’s powers. I came up to a clearing, and was horrified with what I saw.

Rogue was about fifteen feet off the ground, floating. Her head was tilted upwards, and rays of pure energy shot into the night sky, giving the clearing a pink glow. An array of rocks, sticks and clumps of dirt flew in a circle around her. She looked like an atom. Each of the flying items was glowing a deep yellow. Dirt and leaves were spinning around her as well, and they were hitting her, ripping her skin, and her dress, making her bleed. Everything was moving too fast. I was too confused. All I could do was stare. Stare at my one want in life. Stare at the killer of the closest person I had. Stare until my eyes hurt. I lost track of time. She looked horrifying, but almost beautiful. This was what Rogue was capable of. What I had wanted to see for so long. But I didn’t realize it at the time. All I wanted was revenge. I came out of my trance and began to run towards her. Suddenly, she closed her eyes. Her head dropped to look at me. She spoke. “Hello, Logan.” I stopped dead in my tracks. It was Remy. Remy was talking to me through Rogue. When she had touched him, she must have absorbed his personality. I stared at her. My head pulsated still. Her eyes opened, and I jumped out of the way, expecting to be shot with that pink light. Instead, all I saw was a pair of red and black eyes. Rogue slowly lowered to the ground, leaving the spinning objects in the sky, and walked towards me. “Logan. Why did you leave me?” It was Remy’s voice. Was it really him? I couldn’t tell.
“I- I didn’t leeave youu, I-”
“YOU LEFT ME!!!!” With that everything that shone yellow shot at me. Rogue lifted her arms up to the sky and laughed. It was Scott’s Laugh. When things would hit me, they exploded. She had charged everything with Remy’s powers. It wasn’t Rogue anymore. It was everyone inside her, fighting to get out. She looked at me and opened her eyes wide. Scott’s powers shot full force at my chest. I was thrust back. I hit my head on a stone, and everything went blurry.

I watched, unable to move, as Rogue walked over to me. Her bare hand stretched forward. No glove. She was wearing a demonic smile. There was blood all over her dress and dripping from her chin. It reminded me of that movie Carrie with Sissy Spacek. Her hand grew closer and closer to my face. She laughed a laugh that was comprised of about seventeen voices at once. Her face cracked as she touched mine. I felt cold all of a sudden. The pain started to go away. I started to forget. Rogues eyes became brown and the whites yellowed. They went bloodshot, and her brow furrowed. She was me. She stood, and looked around a bit. There was a look of confusion on her face. Everything was moving too fast. She looked down at me. Her lips were quivering, and her... uh, my eyes were watering. She looked down at her gloved hand, and then at her bare one, and then back at me. “Remy” she said. She was monotone. Her eyes closed, and she fell to the ground. She began to cry. Tears and blood dripped from her face onto the ground, and I watched in amazement as all the cuts on her face and arms disappeared. My powers. Soon, only clear water dripped. She looked up at me, her eyes green again. “Logan?” she asked. Suddenly, her eyes turned deep blue. She stood and laughed again. It was Jean’s laugh. Rogue looked down at me once more, and her eyes seemed to catch fire. They became red. Rogue lifted from the ground again, and joined the remaining dirt and rocks. I watched as she began to spin in the air. She span faster and faster until she was only a blur. Then, she lit up. Flame shot from her head. She stopped spinning and looked at me. She was an orange blur, and as the fire died, I saw the look in her eyes that I thought I had put to sleep years before. In touching Jean, she had taken on the Phoenix force, but she had no control over it. Her brown hair was replaced with orange flame, and the white streak with blue. Her body was burning, but with my healing factor, she was repairing herself in the same amount of time that she was destroying herself. There was no reaching her now. She put her hand up towards me and fire shot in my direction.
Chapter End Notes:
Demonic, i know. Wait till the next chapter. Rate high and comment