Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, so just as a warning, there is some homosexuality in this chapter. If you are not completely comfortable with that, just dont read it. But even so, it is interesting, so give it a shot.
We walked through the door, and everyone within an eyeshot turned to look at us. Whispers filled the room, and the music seemed quieter now. I felt a little stupid, but Rogue wore a huge smile. She seemed genuinely proud to be dripping all over the floor. This was a side of Rogue I hadn’t seen before. Maybe it was the Ms. Dootjes in her now, but she seemed braver, more adventurous. She was always so shy, so afraid to get close to people, but now it was like she had been the life of the party her whole life. Her smile never faltered, and we made our way over to the punch table. Someone had refilled it, and some had spilled on the white tablecloth. I guess we missed something. Hank walked over from the corner he had been standing in. He was wearing an image inducer that made him look less blue. Jubilee remained in the corner, but was watching intently. “Hi Logan!” he called as he walked up.
“Hi Hank.” I obviously wasn’t as happy to see him as he was to see me. Rogue grabbed the ladle and began to pour herself a drink.
“Uh, Logan, do you want one?” she asked.
“Yeah, sure.” I wasn’t looking at her anymore. Hank looked a little nervous walking up to us. He stopped to look at jubilee, and she motioned that he keep going. He continued walking, but slower now. He looked worried. Rogue sensed this, and walked up to him. “You alright sugah?” Her ignored her, and kept walking until he was about a foot away from me.
“Logan, I want to tell you something.” There was fear in his eyes, and longing. The last time I saw him looking like that he confessed he liked me. Not wanting to draw any attention to myself, I just continued looking into his eyes.
“What is it, bub?”
“Um... well.” He seemed as though he was gunna faint right there. “We have known each other for a while.”
“Yeah, we have. What’s your point?”
“Well, umm... I just figure that we probably won’t see each other again after this.” That’s right, I had forgotten that Hank was moving out of the mansion to go to some expensive university.
“Wow, you’re right.” I figured I knew where this was going. He was gunna tell me how awesome I was, and how he wished we could have been together, and how-

My mind shut off. He had grabbed my shirt, and pulled me in. Hank was kissing me. His furry face was plastered against mine, and his lips were squirming around like he had no idea what he was doing. I was in shock. I couldn’t move. I heard gasps and screams coming from all corners of the room, but I couldn’t react. I just stood there. The brute strength of the beast held me close, and his fangs were beginning to cut my mouth. It hurt, I could taste the blood, but he kept on kissing me. Finally, I regained my thoughts and pushed Hank off of me. He backed up into Rogue, who was holding her drink. She looked like she was in shock too, and when Hank knocked into her, her drink spilled out of her hands and all over Hank and herself. Hank looked slightly pleased with himself, but his eyes could tell that he was in trouble. Hank opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by a popping sound. He looked down to his wrist. Smoke was starting to fume from the image inducer. Rogues drink had splashed it, and it was beginning to malfunction. I looked at his face and patches of blue began to appear. I watched in horror as Hank slowly became the beast in front of everyone. His face had terror written all over it as he watched himself transform. The entire gym had grown quiet, and all focus was on the blue man. Hank looked like he was about to cry, but he was interrupted by a loud scream.

This, being a public school, was mostly filled with non mutant people. And any mutant activity at all can cause them all to riot like wild animals. “He’s a mutant!” someone screamed. At least everyone probably forgot about the kiss. Hank stood there for a minute, his eyes filling with tears. He looked at me, half crying, and said “sorry.” Then he got on all fours and ran out of the room. “He’s attacking!” screamed one girl, and that was all it took. Everyone began to run in circles and hit into each other. A riot had broken out, and people were all trying to get to the exits at once. Screaming completely drowned out all music, and I lost track of Rogue. I began to run, checking all the exits, but to no avail. Finally, I found her over by the main exit. There were about fifty people jamming the door. She saw me, and ran towards me, but became caught between two people. I got as close to her as I could, and reached for her hand. She grabbed me, and I tried to pull her out, but I began to feel faint. My vision went blurry, and the room grew quiet. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. I stared into Rogues eyes, and she looked like she was in pain. She shook my hand off, and I fell to the ground.

I looked back up at her. Her arm had become wedged between a few people, leaving her open palm stretched forward towards the crowds of people trying to get out of the doors. I stared blankly forward, but then looked back up at Rogue. Her face looked angry, and she seemed scared. She looked down at me, and I found myself looking into my own eyes. I followed her arm with my eyes, and saw that the hand I had grabbed was wearing the ripped glove. I had felt her power. Finally I had made skin to skin contact with her. I looked back to her face, and she looked like she was in serious pain. I looked back to her hand, and saw that one after one, people were hitting into it. She was absorbing everyone she touched, and she was touching a lot of people. She let out a blood curdling scream, and I knew right away that she had no way to stop it. She was jammed to tightly in the crowd to pull her hand away. She began to cry as more and more people hit into her in their frenzy. I looked at her, and I realized that it was too many for her to handle. She was dying.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok, i know this is a very harsh way to end a chapter, and i was not expecting the story to go this way, but it is important that it did, or i couldnt write all what i need to later. I'll post the next chapter asap. Please rate and comment.