Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my shortest chapter to date, but this one has a lot of emotion. the contents of this chapter really happened to me and my Rogue, and I needed to put it up, seeing how it was so important in my life. Rate and comment.
We walked passed all of the dancing people, and over to the door. She pushed it, and a gust of wind showered rain through the open door and onto our feet. She looked up at me and smiled, and it almost looked like she was looking for my approval. To reassure her, I walked right passed her out the door. The rain hit me hard, and my hair and face became soaked in a matter of seconds. My hair gel began to run into my eyes. It stung, but I didn’t care. “You comin’?” I yelled. She smiled and said nothing. Instead she just ran out the door towards me and body checked me to the ground. She was on top of me, and my mind began to wander. I saw us at the beach together. She was lying on my stomach, and with every inhale I took, she would count one more number. 1, 2, 3, 4... It was magical. She continued to count. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9... Her hands were warm on my chest, and she put her head down on me to listen to my heart pump. 10, 11, 12 13, 14... Then, she got up. She circled around me, and bent down. 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21... Her face grew closer, she stopped counting and her soft lips touched mine. The kiss was long and soft. I counted in my head. 22, 23, 24, 25... Then she gets back up, and looks at me. “Logan?” she asked.
“Yes?” She didn’t respond. She began to look worried.
“Logan?”
“What?”
“Logan, can you hear me?”

Suddenly, I felt a hard thud on my chest. The rain poured even harder now, and I sat up coughing. The back of my head hurt, but thanks to my healing powers, I’d be fine. Everything was a little blurry, and I was about to get up, when a pair of arms wrapped around me tightly. “Thank god you’re ok”
“Rogue? What happened?”
“I knocked you over and you hit your head on the pavement. You’ve been out cold for about a minute.” I felt the back of my head, and noticed a bump. I knew it would be gone soon, but the pain was pretty harsh. “I’m so sorry Logan. I didn’t mean to.”
“Don’t worry about it, I heal fast.” Her face lightened up a bit, but she still looked guilty. She stood up, and then she put out her hand to help me. I looked at her palm. It was the slit glove. I could finally touch her. Finally feel how soft her skin was. I reached toward her hand, and just as I was about to grab her, she pulled away. “Sorry, I forgot that I had ripped that glove.” She put out her other hand, and I grabbed it. So close to what I’ve wanted for so long. Most were afraid of Rogues power, but I was amazed by its brute strength. Her touch could kill any man, but her fingers were so nimble that she could hold a butterfly’s wing without damaging it. I wanted to feel what she could do, to know what she was really capable of. The rain was beginning to let up, and the parking lot glistened from the street lights. We were both drenched, and there was no use going inside just yet. Rogue stopped in the middle of the parking lot, and looked back at me. She smiled, and looked up with her mouth open to catch the rain drops. She stood like that for about a minute. Then she looked at me and yelled over the rain “Come on, spin with me!” With that she looked back to the sky, stretched her arms out and began to spin. The rain bounced off of her, and created an ora around her. She looked like an angel, and her laughter only made it better. She stopped for a second, wobbled a bit, and walked over to me. “Aren’t you gunna spin with me?” She was so dizzy that she almost fell over twice just standing there.
“No, didn’t you have something to tell me?”
“Yeah, but I'll only tell you if you spin with me.” Spinning is really not my thing, but neither was rain, and I was out here for her already.
“Fine”

I looked up at the sky. The sun was down now, leaving the sky dark blue. There weren’t many clouds in the sky, and the moon shone high up among the stars. “Now, just turn around.” She was coaching me in how to turn around. Normally I would punch someone who wanted me to do something like this, but it almost felt romantic. I knew it was a one sided love, but I knew that if I had fun, or at least pretended to, she would have fun, and her happiness meant a lot to me. I stepped behind myself, then in front, and began going around. “That’s it!” she screamed, half laughing.
The sky began turning faster and faster, and soon I heard another set of splashing footsteps. She had begun to spin too. I was in ecstasy. In the rain, no one could hear us or see us. We were virtually alone. I began to laugh out loud. The rain poured into my open mouth, but I continued to spin. Rogue’s laughter was soon louder than mine, and we just spun in the rain. The water from my hair was flying every which way, and my tie had come untucked. It was sticking out from my neck like it was trying to escape. We probably would have continued, but suddenly there was a loud crack of thunder, and I heard Rogue stop. “We should go inside” she said.
“But didn’t you have something to tell me?”
“Uh, yeah. But I’ll tell you later.” She started to walk to the door, but I stopped her.
“Please tell me?”
“Let’s grab some punch first.” She turned and headed back to the school, leaving me with my thoughts in the rain. Although my thoughts were not imaginative. I wanted to know what she had to tell me. A part of me knew what she wanted to say, but another part told me that it was wishful thinking. Either way, I tucked in my tie and walked to the door.
Chapter End Notes:
In this chapter, I made Logan pretty sappy, but I figured it would give him a more human touch. Most stories have him being heartless and horny all the time, but I figured he deserved a caring side too. Hope you enjoyed. Rate and comment.