Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, so this is completely different than my original chapter 3, but i wrote late last night, and it felt too rushed. here is the revised version. enjoy and comment.
She stretched her hand out towards me, and I grabbed it. It was meant to help me out of the limo, but instead I just held it. The velvet of her gloves felt soft in my hands. I sat there for a good fifteen seconds until she actually pulled hard and got me up off my seat. I got up, and as we walked, she stepped on the front of her own dress and fell face first onto the pavement. She stood up, and looked at me like she was about to cry, but then her mouth curved into one of those smiles you can’t help. She began to laugh again. Thinking about how stupid she looked, I began to laugh too. My laugh was much heartier than hers, and they sounded terrible together, but we continued all the way to the door. When we got to the front doors, Ms. Dootjes, our old Social teacher stood holding an old camera. She looked overly happy to see us, but she always had. Every time she would walk passed us in the halls, we would be laughing at something, and just as she passed, we would laugh about her. We were never very nice to her, but I don’t think she noticed. As we got closer, her smile grew until it was so large it looked amazing that she could fit her nose anymore. Ms. Dootjes looked better than she usually did. She had a long pink dress with an open back, and a blue necklace. She walked over and gave Rogue a hug, which was a very Ms. Dootjes thing to do, and during the hug, Ms. Dootjes cringed. Rogue walked backwards, and started to sway a bit. I ran over to her, and she looked me in the eyes, although the eyes looking back at me didn’t belong to Rogue. I was looking into Ms. Dootjes. Rogue shook her head, and her eyes went back to normal. She looked at her gloved hand and gasped. There was a rip about two inches long and three centimetres wide on the palm of her glove stretching to the middle of her ring finger. She had touched Ms. Dootjes directly. Suddenly, Rogues face went sour. She walked up to me and whispered “She’s always hated us. What a bitch.”

Ms. Dootjes held her head in pain. I felt bad for her, but at the same time I was almost jealous. She had touched the forbidden skin, the skin I could never have. Rogue looked at me with guilt in her eyes. She turned to Ms. Dootjes and said “Are you alright?”
“Oh, I’m fine. Just a head rush.” She took a good look at the two of us “You two look... amazing”
“Thanks, you look very pretty too Ms. Dootjes” Rogue responded. Her eyes had begun to water now, and she looked faint. Ms. Dootjes didn’t notice. She lifted her camera to her chest and asked “Do you two mind if I get your picture for the yearbook?” We couldn’t refuse. Rogue put her arm around my back, and I put mine around her shoulders. We smiled as the flash blinded us, leaving spots of white in our vision. Ms. Dootjes put the camera down and smiled at us. “You two get in there, you’re missing your grad.” I nodded, there was nothing left to say. We headed for the door, when from behind us we heard “Have fun you two.” I thought about how Rogue had said that she had always hated us. Her comment seemed so hollow now, so fake. I pushed the door open, letting Rogue in first, then following.

The gym was crowded with people, some I knew, but most I didn’t. The music was too loud, but because of my mutant hearing, it was almost unbearable. We stopped at the punch table to grab something to drink. I saw Scott leaning against the table, and Jean just standing there. They were talking about nothing really, but that was how they liked it. When we got to the table Rogue was the first to speak. “Hey Jean.” Simple, but it got a conversation going. Jean is the type who can say about fifty words a second, and it didn’t take long for Rogue to realize that starting that conversation was a big mistake. The look on Rogues face was priceless, and Jean just kept on talking. Rogue couldn’t even get a word in. Jean and Rogue started to walk away, leaving me alone with Scott. I kept my eyes on them as they walked away. Rogue was not even looking at Jean anymore, but the words kept flowing anyways. I chuckled a bit, and Scott gave me a funny look. “You really like her, huh?”
“Huh?”
“Rogue. I’ve seen how you look at her.”
“What? No.” I was lying of course, but I couldn’t tell him. Not now, not ever.
“Logan, my girlfriend is telepathic.”
“You got Jean to probe my head?!” I was starting to get pretty pissed off. I didn’t like Scott very much.
“No, I’m just saying-” I cut him off.
“You black mailin’ me bub?”
“No, I’m just, never mind.” And with that, he turned and walked away.

I looked back over to where Jean and Rogue were, and I saw that Jean was trying to read Rogues mind. When Jean tries to read your mind, she puts both her hands on the sides of her head, and her face scrunches a bit, so unless she’s far away from you, it’s obvious what she’s doing. Rogue had her eyes closed, and her face had no emotion. She was concentrating on something. Jean’s face was still scrunched, and they both stood very still. I saw jean open her eyes, and look around. She made eye contact with Ms. Dootjes, who had come inside. She looked back at Rogue, and said something. Rogue lifted her hand to show Jean the rip, and Jean looked worried. Rogue pulled her hand back from Jean and closed her eyes again. God I wish I could read her mind. I wanted to know everything she was thinking. Jean scrunched her face again, and they both stood still again, but for not as long this time. I saw Jean’s mouth curl into a smile, and she opened her eyes again. This time she looked straight at me. Rogue opened her eyes, and her face went into shock. She grabbed Jean’s arm and pulled her away. As they were walking, I noticed that Jean had started to laugh.

I watched them until they reached the door, and then I focused back to the punch table. The glass bowl was about half empty. How long had I been watching them? I didn’t know. When I’m with Rogue I lose track of time. It’s weird, but it’s just what happens. I grabbed the ladle to pour myself a drink, when a pale hand smacked the table hard. I looked up, expecting it to be Scott, or one of the brotherhoods kids, but it was Remy. He tends to over accentuate his movements and words, but that’s what makes him Remy. “And how is Logan tonight? Having fun, non?”
“I guess. Where have you been?”
“Oh, here and there.” Remy isn’t a very descriptive person. He plays up the whole softie, stop to smell the roses deal when there are ladies around, but he’s really worse than I am. If the sun blew up he wouldn’t even notice, let alone go to the efforts to remember and explain his whereabouts. “Mind pouring Remy a glass?” I looked down at my hand. I had forgotten I was holding the ladle, and a line was beginning to form behind Remy. I guess everyone was thirsty. I poured him one, and then myself one, and I was about to walk away when I saw Rogue walking towards the table.

Without thinking, I began to pour her a glass. I figured it was a pretty gentlemen thing to do, and I knew she was into that kind of stuff. She looked cold, and her hair was beginning to curl. There were streaks on her dress, and her shoes had mud all over them. I figured there was a problem, so I handed Remy his glass, left mine and walked over to her. “Hey, are you ok?” I asked.
“It started to rain just as jean and I got about half way across the football field. It’s coming down in sheets.” Her hair was soaked, and the streaks on her dress looked more like splashes up close. Her mascara was dripping down her face, and her lipstick was smudged a bit. “Logan?”
“Yeah?” She looked happy, even though she was so wet.
“Come outside with me.”
“But you just said it was raining.”
“Yeah, I want to talk to you, but not in here, not with so many people. And anyways, rain can be fun.” She took my hand and led me to the door.
Chapter End Notes:
i know that this is a lot softer than the original chapter 3, but the events will still be coming, but i needed to space it a bit. Will be writing more soon. Comments are greatly appreciated.