Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, so this chapter is a bit shorter, but it was needed to get certain things out in the open. Enjoy and dont be afraid to comment.
There was a small jerk as the limo began to pull out of the driveway. Jubilee and Hank continued to talk, but I wasn’t paying attention to what they were saying. They kept looking over at me and giggling. I was beginning to feel a bit awkward, like I was being undressed with their eyes, so I tried to ignore them by talking to Rogue. When I turned to her, she just smiled. “What? I asked.
“Haven’t you been listening?”
“No.” Her smile grew as she put her hands on me knee. She leaned towards my ear slowly, and when she was so close I could feel her breath, she whispered “Your zipper is undone.” She immediately burst out laughing again. God I love her laugh, but at the same time I wanted to punch her. I knew I was probably blushing, and the only way to keep the attention away from myself was to join in the laughter. If anyone else had told me, I would have been fine, but it was Rogue. This was my night to impress her, and I screwed it up already. I zipped myself up, and looked out the window Remy had left open. The sky was a deep orange, and the sun has half way behind the horizon. Normally I don’t pay such close attention to nature, or clothing, or anything for that matter, but Remy seemed to be into that sort of thing and Rogue had dated him for a while. It would have probably lasted forever, but Remy couldn’t handle not being able to kiss her. I figured with my healing powers, I would be able to handle her touch. Many times it had crossed my mind to just kiss her. Once, we were on top of a hill during a sunset. We had just been watching it go down behind the trees, when I looked at her. She didn’t look like other girls. Other girls were either hot, or ugly. That was that. But the way she was sitting there in her gray hoodie and her purple gloves, the harsh wind blowing her hair every which way, and the suns orange glow reflecting off her face made her look... Beautiful. There was no other word. Her lips looked so soft, and when she turned to look at me, her gray eyes seemed to be thinking the same thing I was, but I couldn’t be sure. She opened her mouth to speak, but I couldn’t hear her over the wind. “What?”
“I’m freezing, let’s go home.” I wished she hadn’t said that. I was cold too, but the moment was so perfect that I wasn’t even paying attention to it. All I could think of was taking her in my arms, and kissing her soft lips. But, like everything, it had to end. I got up, and helped her up, and we walked back to the mansion. There, she was greeted by Remy, who she had been dating at the time. He smiled at me, and I didn’t smile back. “Bye Rogue” was all I said, then I turned and left. That had ruined the night.

The limo was beginning to get very warm inside, and we had to crack every window that was accessible. Scott and Jean were in the corner, talking to each other about how good each other looked, Emma and Remy were having a spitting contest out of the window, and Jubilee and Hank were going through Hanks pictures. This left me and Rogue. The deep orange sky shone off her pale skin, and she looked just as she did on the hill. “The sky is really pretty, huh Logan?”
“Beautiful”
“Yeah, it is”
“Huh? What’s what?”
“The sky? You said it was beautiful.”
“Oh, I did?”
“Are you alright Logan? You seem a little distant...”
“Yeah, I’m fine, just thinking.”
“About what?”
“Thoughts”

We pulled up to a red light, and another limo pulled up beside ours. We all continued talking, and laughing, but we soon started shivering. I heard a vibration sound, and Rogue pulled out her iPhone. Her background was a picture of the two of us at the fair. My background was the same thing, but for an entirely different reason. She slid the little bar and her smile faded. She looked out the window to the other limo and flipped the bird. I looked out to see who she just fingered, and I saw Bobby, holding his hands towards our limo. There was a light blue coming from his hands and it didn’t take is long to figure out that he was the reason we were all so cold. Bobby ignored us, but he also tried his hardest to piss us off. “How are the love birds?” he yelled across the street “ Logan? Rogue?” Jean put her hands to her head, and we watched as Bobby suddenly flew backwards into the darkness of his limo. We heard Ororo scream, and Remy started to laugh. In the madness of it, I had gotten a hold of Rogues phone. I looked at the text that had been sent. “Having a ‘cool’ time?” Ever since he decided that Rogue and I were dating, Bobby had begun to be a real dick to the both of us. He would send long texts about how we betrayed him and such. After I broke his collar bone though, he keeps his distance. I guess I’ll just have to teach him a lesson. That’s weird, I figured lessons were over because it was grad. Oh well.

The light changed, and we began to move forward again. Everyone was having a great time, except me. When Rogue had asked me what’s wrong, I wanted to tell her everything. How much I liked her, how beautiful she was, and how I would brave her powers for a kiss. But she was different. I would tell most girls if I liked them, or if they were hot, but Rogue made me feel stupid, like I forgot how to talk or something. I couldn’t think of a word for it, but I knew I was not alone. Or at least I hoped I was not alone. The inside of the limo had a cold feeling still, and the heater was on, causing a low buzzing sound. All of the windows were closed, but I knew that the sky was still orange, and with that thought, I imagined Rogue. I could see her standing on top of the hill. She walks towards me, and puts her hands on the sides of my face. She fondles my sideburns for a second, until she pulls me in and-
“Logan?”

I snapped back to reality, and looked around. I’m the only one still sitting, and the soft sound of distant music fills my ears. Everyone had started heading to the gym, but Rogue just stared at me from the parking lot. “You coming?” she asked me.
“Yeah.” I imagine the hill one last time, but only for a second. The sun has gone down and Rogue is walking away. I guess that’s how it has to be in real life too...
Chapter End Notes:
Ok, this chapter is a little shorter, but a limo isnt really an eventful place. Most of the real action is coming, i assure you. Please comment.