Author's Chapter Notes:
It has taken me literally 5 years to finish this story, I'm sorry. I hope you all like it.
“CHAPTER 16”

“Logan…”
I heard my name as though it was coming from a distance. Almost a whisper, as though I was misinterpreting the wind. My body felt heavy, and I could feel my head pounding. Small bursts of light filled the darkness of my closed eyes, making me feel dizzy.
“Logan…”
There it was again. Louder this time, someone was definitely calling my name. I opened my eyes ever so slightly, and was greeted by a blinding flash of sunlight, worsening my headache and burning my eyes. I quickly shut my eyes, unsure of what was going on. I tried to remember what I had been up to, but I was drawing a blank. Nothing came to me, and my memory felt like a dark void. I began feeling rather uneasy. What felt like a hand touched my face, and I opened my eyes wide, despite the harsh light. Rogue was staring down at me. That’s when it all came back. The whole evening flooded my brain like a hurricane. I sat up as quickly as I could and pushed her away, feeling the tingle of her absorbing me as my hand grazed her bare arm. She looked confused, and frightened, but I was just as frightened of her. I uneasily got to my feet, only to realize that I wasn’t wearing anything. Too confused to be embarrassed, I stared her down, ready to pounce if she wasn’t herself. There was a bang, then she screamed, and started to cry.

She dropped hard to her knees, with a look of desperation on her face. I watched as her complexion grew pale, and there was a small spot of red on her stomach that began to grow. That’s when I noticed the sirens, and the people standing around us. In the distance I saw a small, frightened looking police officer, holding a small hand gun out in front of him. A thin line of smoke rose from the end of the barrel. I stared into Rogues eyes for a moment before I made the connection. She had been shot. She grabbed at her stomach, and leaned heavily forward, and let out a loud yell. I ran to her, and placed my hand to her face. I felt her absorbing me, yet she looked just as bad as she had before. She smiled, and looked into my eyes.
‘I love you” she said softly, a tear running down her face. I stared in disbelief for a moment, not sure what to do. She wasn’t healing, and I wasn’t feeling any weaker. Something was wrong. It was as though she was blocked from taking my healing. I closed my eyes, leaned forward, and kissed her. At first she kissed back, but after a moment her lips grew cold and her body weakened. And moments later, she was gone.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

“Why?” I asked, angrily. A week had passed. I had been treated for my injuries, and found that it took twice as long for me to heal. Charles Xavier sat across from me, looking deep into my eyes.
“You yourself were so weak that you had almost nothing left to give. All she took from you were a few memories and that’s it. You didn’t have the power to save her.”
“But I felt her taking from me. I felt my life draining into her.”
“You felt your life force draining, but your powers had not yet recovered from the first drain. That is why it’s taking you so long to heal you now. You were drained to an inch of your life, and then within minutes you were drained again. There wasn’t enough.”
I sat for a while, just staring at him. His eyes looked sad, yet unmoving. After a minute, I rose and walked away without a word.

In the foyer there was a small shrine erected. An assortment of flowers circled two small golden frames. One held a picture of Remy, and the other contained Rogue. Cards and small trinkets littered the area, where people had left tokens of grievance. I stared solemnly at the two frames. My two best friends, taken from me. It was too much. I reached into my pocket, and pulled out a small black glove. I squeezed it in my hand tightly, trying to hold back tears. In a way, I felt like I was holding her hand one last time. I laid the glove down onto the shrine, then made my way to my room. I gathered a few important things, then walked slowly to the schools garage. I hopped onto one of the motorcycles used for driving training, and drove out of the school property. I had no idea where I was going, or what I was going, but I knew I couldn’t stay at Xaviers. I stopped at the gate and looked back. A tear ran down my cheek, but I knew that I had graduated, and now there was a fresh new world for me to explore. I revved the engine, and sped off into what I hoped would be a happy life.