Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello. I haven't updated this story for a long time, mostly because I dug myself such a huge hole with the plot I had no idea how to crawl out of it. This will be the shortest chapter by far, and the second last.
I went down hard. Hank swung his foot at me, but I rolled and dodged it. I was still in shock from having been out. It wasn’t right, or fair. I couldn’t understand why Jean had done it. Jean. She was the answer. She was their leader, their master. If I got rid of her, it would be easy to get the others. I looked up passed Hank and Rogue to see Jean, still floating in the air, staring right back at me. This was my mind. Why didn’t I have control? I got back to my feet, and walked forward. Hank ran at me, hit me in the face, and I went down again. I heard Rogue scream, and Hank stood over me. His eyes were a deep red, and the blue of his fur was almost black. He grinned a toothy smile, and lifted a rock high above himself.
“This isn’t a dream” he said quietly, then he dropped the stone onto my stomach. That’s when he began to stamp on my head. Slowly, the fiery world began to disappear, as did the noises. Then, one last stomp, I felt as though I was released. For the first time, I felt absolutely nothing. Then the flames returned.

I opened my eyes, engulfed in flames. I looked up to see Rogue floating, twitching slightly. Was this another hallucination? I lifted my arm, only to find it burnt. But I was certainly not in any form of jell-o. I slowly stood up, trying my best to ignore the excruciating pain. I slowly walked towards her, finding it more and more difficult with each step. I was sure I was mostly bones now, and I felt my vision leaving me. I continued, almost blind, towards her. Flames licked at me from every direction. Finally, I stepped into a small section with no flames. My eyes seemed to come back to me instantly. Rogue was floating about 4 feet off the ground, her clothes ripped and burnt, her hair a flame. Her face couldn’t keep an emotion. It would switch every second or two, probably different personalities coming forward, only to be beaten out by another. She looked horrible.

I tried to think of a way to help her, but I couldn’t be sure if I’d be helping her, or the Phoenix... I stood silent for a moment, waiting for my body to heal itself a little. Every second felt like years. Her face looked so tortured, and I feared for her alone in there. Then another thought hit me. I died in there, almost for certain this time. Would she remember me..?

I put my hand up to her face, and touched it. I felt her absorbing me, but I didn’t care. If I died here, I’d be alright with that. At least I’d be with her. I looked down at myself, and then up at her. She looked awful, like all of her beauty had been stolen. Although her mouth was moving constantly, I yearned to kiss her. I felt weaker now. She was taking every bit of me away. I looked into her eyes, as terrified as they looked, and smiled. I pulled her floating body close, and kissed her softly on her collar bone.
“I know you can’t hear me” I started. “But I-”

Thats when it all went white. I felt as though I had been stabbed by a thousand knives at once. I had no idea what was going on. Then suddenly it all went cold. My sight slowly returned, and I saw the flames were gone. The gas station had been destroyed, and the light of the early morning sun was just starting to kiss the earth. Thats when I noticed her. Her body had fallen to the ground, and it looked as though she had broken her legs. I walked over slowly, the still searing hot concrete burning the bottoms of my bare feet. I knelt next to her body, and felt for a pulse. I could feel myself being drained out, but there was no pulse. Her eyes were closed, and her chest wasn’t moving at all. But still she was absorbing me. I head on, hoping she would take on my healing and fix herself. I held on for dear life. Then I fainted.
Chapter End Notes:
I know it seems a little rushed, but I just needed to get him out of his mind. Rate and Comment.