Author's Chapter Notes:
This took awhile to write. Hope you enjoy
I opened my eyes. Everything was hot, and I was blinded by the light of the fire. I rolled myself to my stomach and began to drag myself to the edge of the flame. I felt the hot rocks on the road sticking to my skin, and my arms becoming weaker and weaker with each drag. I could see the edge; it was so close, yet so far. It was slowly becoming unbearable. With one final heave, I found myself lying just out of reach of the fire, although I was still close enough to feel it. Most people would have lost feeling in their bodies, but because my skin kept healing itself, there were always new nerves to burn. Whoop...

I pulled myself farther away, still trying to focus on my surroundings, but finding it almost impossible. I was supposed to be dead. What happened? I should have been gone when Scott offed me. That basterd... SO like him to stab me in the back like that. What about Rogue, she was all alone in there having to defeat all those people, those mutants. If she dies inside, what then? STOP. I tried to pull myself farther again, trying to order my thoughts. My entire body tingled from healing, but I still wasn’t strong enough to stand. I tried to lift myself to a kneeling position, but my arms collapsed. I looked over at the flame, still circling around Rogue. You could faintly see the shape of her, but other than that it was simply blinding. The fire roared loudly, and I heard Rogue scream from inside. That’s when things got weird. The entire flame stopped, like it was frozen. Everything stopped. There was no sound. No heat. No wind. Nothing. I sat for a minute or two, just trying to figure out what was going on. My body tingled like crazy as it continued to heal. I rolled over onto my back, and sat up. It reminded me of ice, but orange. I rubbed my eyes and pushed myself up more. My body was healing faster than usual. I realized I was still naked, but it didn’t really matter. I had to get to Rogue.

I got to my feet, stumbled a bit, and began to walk towards the flame. Inside I could see her body, moving slowly, like she was swimming. It was almost beautiful. A slight breeze began to blow, and it sent shivers down my spine. I felt frozen, and I wondered if this meant I had actually died. I could move, but my mind felt frozen. The warmth of the fire began to return. I moved closer, and slowly touched it. It was practically solid, but it moved with my touch, a little like jell-o. I began to push harder. Maybe if I could get inside, I could get Rogue. It didn’t make much sense to me, but with the evening’s previous events, it seemed worth a shot. I pushed with all my might, but it wouldn’t break, only bend. Then I decided to make things a little more heavy duty. I shot out my claws and pushed one into the fire. It went in easily, but it got hot. Fast. My whole arm felt like it was on fire. The inside must still be burning, and it must be heating the metal in my bones. I pulled my claws out. They were red and glowing, much too hot to put back into my arm. The fire began to ooze out of the cuts I had made in the outer layer. It seemed like lava, just dripping down, but as it hit the concrete it would disappear, like it had never been there. The entire thing began to grow dim, and slowly I was becoming submerged into darkness. Inside I saw Rogue, not moving, but sinking with the liquid fire level inside. The air smelled of smoke, and I began to cough. I tried to cut through the wall again, ignoring the pain. The fire poured onto my bare legs and feet, and I fell to the ground in pain. But strangely enough, just as the fire vanished, so did the pain. I was beginning to confuse myself even more, but I knew this might be the only way. I made a long gash down the side of the fire, and stepped inside.

There was no lava, or fire, or even heat inside. Just Rogue, standing in the middle of the mansions main hall, in her green dress. She held out her hand to me.
“Coming Logan?” I looked down at myself. I was in my suit. “Everyone is in the limos already.” Something didn’t feel right.
“I just had the weirdest dream.”
“Really? Tell me about it later.” She winked her eye. She ran over to me and grabbed my hand. Her hand was warm and slightly moist, and-
I looked down to see she wasn’t wearing gloves. I pulled away quickly.
“What are you, nuts?!” I screamed at her.
“No silly, what’s wrong?” She ran over and tried to kiss me. I pushed her off.
“What the hell, Rogue.”
“Trust me.” I didn’t think I could. That dream had been too freaky. I had never had a dream influence me like that. I looked down and noticed that she was holding my hand again. I wasn’t dead.
“But how?”
“The professor has been teaching me how to control it.” She leaned in and kissed me. It was a pretty aggressive kiss, to be honest. She was grabbing my hair and pulling my face into hers, and scratching her nails up and down my back. She gasped loudly into my mouth, and it tasted a little like garlic sausage. I almost gagged, but I couldn’t really get away. It was nothing like I had expected it to be. The hair on her upper lip felt strange against my mouth, and the nails were beginning to hurt. Wait a minute. I pushed her off me, but I found myself looking into Hank’s eyes. He smiled wide, and burst out laughing, but it was the laugh from before, when Rogue had been possessed in the forest. About a hundred separate laughs ringing out at once, in a horrific sound. The mansion began to sink into the ground, and from all the laughs, one rang out. Jean’s. The walls scattered, and the warmth and smell of fire flowed over me. Angry voices rang out, and I found myself on the hill. I looked to my right and saw Rogue screaming into my ear, but I couldn’t hear her. I looked into the sky. The blood red sky. I was out god damnit. I WAS OUT!! I began to scream it. I WAS OUT I WAS OUT I WAS OUT I WAS OUT!! I felt a tear run down my cheek. I began to hear Jean laughing in my head again. I thought I was out. Mind games are really low, even for her... All I could hear was her laughter, and the angry voices behind it. I thought I was free. It was all part of her fucked up torture. Then I looked back in front of me. Hank had never left. He grinned, kissed his knuckle, and punched me in the mouth.