Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the first chapter I have written in longer than I can remember. I know that not too many people like it, but I really wanted to finish it.
I stood as ready as I could. The pain in my chest and eye socket was becoming excruciating. The army ran at full speed towards me. I had never felt so alone. It was all me, all alone, against all of them. I had no clue what to do, or who to get first. I saw Remy, Hank, Bobby, Scott. Scott. Maybe if I cleared him I’d be in the mood to fight. The mutants all stopped dead in their tracks. I looked up at Jean, who had one hand down, and one facing me. The humans continued to run. She was using them as pawns, so that maybe I would die before damaging her precious mutant army. The worst part about it all was that I knew everyone there. I had for years now. Classmates, teachers, old friends... This was gunna be hard. First to come forward was Ms.Dootjes. Forget hard, his was gunna be good.

She wore her opened back dress, and in her hands she was holding a staff similar to Remy’s. She took her first swing, and missed. All I could hear in my head was Rogue saying “she’s always hated us.” That was all the inspiration I needed. I ran towards her and swung my arm. I got her in the face, but instead of slicing right through, my arm stopped abruptly. My claws weren’t sharp anymore. I hadn’t been expecting such a sudden stop, and my wrist made a loud cracking sound. I grabbed it and felt the bone moving inside. Ms.Dootjes had a bleeding gash on her face. Her eyes seemed to glow in anger as she began to run towards me. My right arm was obviously useless now, leaving me virtually handicapped. She held the staff high over her head as she ran. I put my left arm out to meet her, but the staff came down earlier than I had anticipated. I heard a cracking sound, and everything went red. My ears were ringing again, louder this time. My face became very warm. I put my hand to me forehead and felt that it was wet. I was bleeding. Everything was beginning to blur, and dark spots were clouding my vision. Ms.Dootjes took another swing, but at my legs this time. I went down fast and hit my head in the ground. My vision was completely gone. I couldn’t see or hear. I was a sitting duck. I felt the staff come down again on my chest. I coughed and tasted blood. I was going to die here, and so was Rogue. The personalities would take over, and they would be unstoppable. I didn’t even want to think about it. I felt the staff come down on my back, and I collapsed. The ringing was subsiding, and I could hear Ms.Dootjes laughing a demonic laugh. It was terrifying. The blood was warm on my skin, and I could taste it. I wasn’t ready to die, not even close. I heard a loud crack, and a scream.

The pain was gone. My ears were no longer ringing, and I could see again. I looked up to see Rogue holding a large rock over her head, and the last pieces of Ms.Dootjes disappearing.
“Are you ok?”
“Are you?” She had a thin line of blood running down her face and a black eye, but other than that she looked fine. She held her hand out for me, and I grabbed hold. The glove was cold and leathery, but her grip was firm. She lifted me up and hugged me hard.
“I thought you were dead.” She began to cry.
“But I’m not, see?” She stepped back a bit from me. Her face glowed in the light of the fire, making her look beautiful. I reached up and wiped the blood from her face with my thumb. “Rogue, are you ok?”
“Yeah... I’m fine.” She looked back up at me and smiled. I looked into her eyes, and realized that other than my missing eye and her black eye, this was a perfect moment. She looked passed me and her smile faded instantly. “LOOK OUT!!” She lunged at me and knocked me to the ground. I hit my head hard, but was relieved she had done it when I saw the ray of pink light shoot over us. Scott. I got to my feet as quickly as I could, and helped Rogue up. Scott had no glasses on, and was walking blindly around with his arms flailing.
“Help me!” he called out. Something wasn’t right.
“Scott?”
“LOGAN!! Oh God, where are you?” I wasn’t quite sure if we could trust him yet.
“Rogue, just stay here, ok?”
“What are you doing?”
“Just gunna go get Scott.” I ran over to Scott and stood behind him. “Scott, don’t turn around. What happened?”
“Jean mind probed everyone.”
“Why didn’t she get you?”
“I don’t know...” This didn’t seem right at all.
“Scott?”
“What?”
“Will you help us?”
“Help who? Who are you with?”
“Rogue.”
“Is she ok?”
“That’s not important, just come with me.” I grabbed his hand and led him over to where Rogue was standing. I didn’t know if this was a trap or not, but even so he had powers, and we could control him. He might be our way out.

The fire was really beginning to get hot. Rogue ran to us and hugged Scott tightly, half crying again. I noticed that she had a bit of a limp, and I figured she must have a broken ankle or something along those lines. Scott seemed a little startled when she grabbed him, but he returned the hug when he realized who it was.
“What’s going on?” he asked. Rogue pushed him off and looked at his closed eyes.
“Honestly, I wish I knew.”
“Great...” There wasn’t time for small talk.
“Scott, can you help us out?” I asked. He turned to face me, although he couldn’t see me.
“Help how?”
“Not sure how... but I-” He opened his eyes. I felt hot all on the sudden, and everything went red. I heard Rogue scream my name. Then everything went black.
Chapter End Notes:
I know it seems like its over. Its not. There are a few chapters left, so just hold on.