Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is more for explaning things than anything. Hope you enjoy. Rate and Comment.
“’Ello, Logan.” He wore a demonic smile. His skin was very pale, and he had blood dripping from his nose and mouth. His eyes were tired, as though he had been crying. As he stepped, I noticed he had a bit of a limp. This was Remy’s corpse from my memory. When Rogue had touched me, my last memory of him must have morphed with his personality. He ran his thumb up the side of the glass, drawing more blood. Rogue screamed from my left side, but I couldn’t see her. I watched as Remy walked slowly over to me, stroking the glass the whole time. The glass that had killed him, that had punctured his heart. The piece was no longer than four inches, and had a flower design on the end of it from being a punch bowl. Rogue’s voice echoed around me. “LOGAN!! IT’S ONLY YOUR IMAGINATION!!” I knew it was, but I also knew that this zombie of my best friend actually possessed a part of him. His memories, his wants and needs, his personality. I wasn’t ready to give it up just yet. He walked slower now, and his smile was gone. I felt a tear form in my good eye, and a painful feeling in the other one. He stopped about two meters away from me. He swayed a bit, but his concentration on me didn’t falter. His black and red eyes were glazed over, making them a simple grey all over. I could hear Cody gasping for air, and Rogue grunting angrily. She was gaining the power. Remy stared at me with longing in his eyes. I noticed that he wasn’t breathing. He was already dead; there was no need to breathe. My eye socket burned from the tears still forming into it, and the breeze didn’t make it any better. The glass in Remy’s hand glowed a deep yellow. He was charging it. It seemed that only Rogue and I were powerless, but I had to find out for sure. I tightened the muscles in my arm, and I felt the claws begin to move, but they were accompanied by a squelching noise. I looked down at my hands. They were completely rusted, and they had jammed themselves stuck halfway out. They were still partially in my forearms, completely disabling any movement of my wrists. I tried to pull them back in, but they were stuck. I stood with my arms at my side, unable to move my hands. I tried to open my fist, but the claws cut through my knuckles. I closed my hand quickly.

Remy had begun to smile. Just seeing him standing there was hard, but to have to fight him, and eventually kill him was too much. I had been through too much tonight, and I couldn’t take much more. Rogue screamed behind me, and I turned to look. Cody had her pinned to the rock, and was leaning in to kiss her while he was choking her. I went to go to her and stop him, but I was knocked off my feet by something. I fell onto the grass and banged my head. Remy was still standing over on the side of the hill still, but he didn’t have the glass anymore. I felt wetness on my chest, but I ignored it. I got to my feet as quickly as I could, fell, and tried again. I felt very dizzy, and my chest hurt. He didn’t seem to have anything else to throw, so I stumbled over to Rogue and Cody.

Rogue had Cody in some sort of headlock, and his lips were covered in lipstick. He had kissed her. She was hysterically crying, and punching him in the back of the head with her free hand. I fell to my knees in front of them, but neither of them looked. Cody was repeating “Ah love you Rogue” over and over.
“I’m sorry” she said through her tears. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry...” She was having some sort of nervous breakdown. I lifted her off of him, and took my position. I punched him in the back of the head. He vanished into thin air, and Rogue suddenly gasped. What had happened? I looked at my hand on the ground, as though no one had ever been there. I lifted it- it was stuck. My claws were still half out. I had stabbed Cody in the back of the head. I had killed him. It was all beginning to make sense now. When you killed one, it would leave Rogues brain forever. That’s how I was going to save her. I looked up at her. She looked untouched and confused, as though she didn’t remember. She looked down at me and screamed. “Logan! Your eye?!?!” Her neck was unbrused, and her clothes were clean. I tried to figure out why, and came to the conclusion that when you kill someone in here, all memory of them is deleted, including the fight. Every would that they gave you is suddenly healed, as though it never happened. I was beginning to confuse myself, and Rogue just couldn’t seem to get over the fact that my eye was a liquid. I turned my head to look at Remy, who remained at his post like a statue. Rogue put her hand on my chest, and pulled it away drenched in blood. “Logan, you’re hurt.”
“I’ll be fine.” It hurt, bad.
“What happened to your eye?”
“Jean.”
“Why aren’t you healing?”
“Because we have to kill Remy. I’ll be healed then.”
“That doesn’t make any sense Logan...”
“He hit me with some glass, and my powers don’t work here.”
“How will killing him help?”
“In this world, the world we created in our minds, we will heal when we kill the one who hurt us.”
“That’s ridiculous.”
“Who’s Cody?”
“Cody?”
“Exactly. Let’s go.” Rogue helped me to my feet, and we walked over to where Remy stood. He was still not moving. His white suit was a deep red now, and the only place that remained white was just above his heart. The sun was completely down now, and the only light was from the fire Jean was creating. His glazed eyes glowed yellow in the dark, and he swayed ever so slightly, like his feet were beginning to hurt. Rogue stood beside me, holding my hand, we were both very close to Remy. It was hard to see him like this, but it had been just as hard to see Rogue engulfed in flame. The Gambit we were seeing wasn’t even real. He was a memory. I had to decide right there if it was worth it to kill all that was left of him. He was dead. I knew that, I had watched it happen. The figure I was seeing before was distorted. He wasn’t Remy. He was a shell, an empty shell that wanted us dead. Rogue squeezed my hand slightly, and I turned to look at her. Her face was wet from tears. She looked up at me. “Logan, I can’t do it.”
“Yes you can. That’s not Remy.”
“Yes, it is. You don’t understand Logan. Whoever you killed before this, that Cody boy, I don’t remember him. At all. I don’t want Remy to be lost. I don’t want to forget him.” My mind began to wander. If I killed Remy, she would forget him. She would forget Scott, and Jean, and Hank, and the Professor too if I killed them here. She would forget me. She would forget everything. The movies we watched on the phone, the hill, and the time we spent in Revelstoke, the rain, the pranks, the movie moments that seemed so perfect that they felt unreal. She would forget that she loved me. I had to make a choice right there. Have her forget me and never be happy again, or lose the fight and die knowing she loved me.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you like the suspence. Rate and Comment.