Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this took so long to put up. Had some family stuff, and writers block. I hope you enjoy it. Rate and Comment!
The freezing rain hit me hard as I fell. I felt my stomach make its way to my chest, and I felt dizzy. I watched as the lights of the ground came closer and closer. I hit hard, and I felt the gravel of the road make its way deep into my skin. I tried to yell, but no sound came out. I couldn’t move. I was in too much pain. I coughed, and tasted blood. I could only lie there and listen to Rogue scream. Her screams were devastating, and shivers ran down my spine just listening to them. I made an effort to turn myself but ended up lying on my side, the water pouring into my left ear. I opened my eyes slowly. Light shone from where she was floating. A deep red glow. The Phoenix. I turned my head upward to look. She was hovering high above me, engulfed in flame. “LOGAN!” I heard her scream. She wasn’t moving. She needed me. I tried to turn myself again, this time back onto my stomach. I pushed myself onto my knees, trying to ignore the pain. I knew I couldn’t quite stand, but I needed to get close to her. She was pushing for control, and could use all the help she could get. “ROGUE!” I called. “ROGUE, LISTEN TO ME. I WANT TO HELP YOU.” Nothing happened for a minute. The rain was now warm from being near the fire, and it felt nice on my body. She looked like a demon of some sort. All I could think about was if I would ever get her back. I knew she was in there, but I knew she was weak. We were both weak. I watched as she finally began to lower to where I was lying. The warmth of the fire against my skin was nice. She was about to touch down when she shot back up into the night sky. She screamed. She was fighting them. And they were fighting her back. She rose into the sky until she looked no bigger than the moon, then the fire went out. She began to fall to the ground. I tried to stand, but couldn’t. She plummeted to the ground, and just as she was going to hit, she stopped in mid fall and combusted again. She just hovered in front of me for awhile, and eventually began to float farther from me. I tried to drag myself across the ground towards her, but she was moving too fast. I lost my balance and fell onto my face. She stopped, and let out a blood curdling scream.

Her body began to convulse. The flame grew higher, and I could feel the heat on my face. She began to spin again, but violently. Her arms and legs flailed around, whacking into themselves. I tried to stand, but she sent out a wave of telekinetic energy throwing me to the ground. I began to drag myself away from her, because the fire was too hot. The area had become as bright as day, and I could see that we were no longer in the forest. We were on the highway. The only building around was an old gas station. No one knew we were here, and no one could help us. I looked back at her. You couldn’t see her for the fire. It had devoured her. I watched as it began to spin, and it reached to the sky. She was creating a tornado of fire. The hot air was beginning to hit me hard. She was alone in there, I had to help her. I stood up, and began to walk into the cyclone toward her. The heat was intense, and I could feel my skin beginning to burn. I had a motive to stick to. I closed my eyes, and stepped into the flame. I couldn’t breathe, and I knew I was on fire, but I had to keep going. I could hear her rotating, and the fire felt like it was slowly ripping me apart. The pain was immense, but I knew she needed me. I walked slowly, falling at times from the force of the fires rotation, but I always got back up again. I thought I was lost since I had been in there for a long time. My skin was gone, and my muscles were burning away. The fire was cooler than the burning tree had been, but it was painful nonetheless. When I did end up finding her, I was at the end of my rope, but I feared she was worse. Her clothes and skin were burned away, and her eyes were pure white. There were parts of her that looked skeleton like, and there were no traces that she had ever been a young woman. She looked like an overcooked pretzel. There was an area between the tornados column and where she was floating where there was no fire. I took my post there. She wore a smile with what little face she had left, but her eyes looked scared. There was nothing left. She was an empty case emitting pure power. I stared into her with everything I had left, trying to get her attention. My mouth wouldn’t open, and I could barely breathe, so my only way of communicating with her is if she could use Jean’s telepathy to read my mind. I thought hard. “Rogue? It’s Logan. Can you hear me?” I was trying to make my thoughts seem calm, although I was really having a panic attack.
“Logan?” Her mouth hadn’t moved.
“Rogue!”
“Logan” she was speaking telepathically. She had done it. “What’s happening?”
“I don’t know, but I’m here to help you.” I had fallen to the ground by now. Although I was no longer in the full force of the fire, the heat surrounding me was taking its toll on my already singed body.
“How will you help me?” I tried to think of something. I had no ideas.
“You are fighting with all of these people in your mind Rogue. They are a part of your imagination.”
“I asked how you were going to help me.” She seemed so calm, but in the background of her thoughts I could hear other voices. Angry voices.
“I’m not sure, but I’m gunna.” I couldn’t see anymore. The fire was beginning to mess with my thinking.
“Logan?”
“Yes?”
“Remember that day on the hill?” Of course I did.
“Yes.”
“Think of that.” I was having trouble thinking of words, let alone an entire experience, no matter how happy it made me.
“How come?” I was curled into a ball on the ground now, not being able to move, and barely able to think.
“Just do it. Trust me.”
“How do I know it’s really you?”
“Your favourite colour is red. Spaghetti is your favourite food. You hide most your true emotions. Your favourite smoothies are strawberry banana and you're a heavy sleeper, you're afraid of most your emotions, and have difficulty understanding them. You know far more than anyone gives you credit for. You dislike most people who complain, but you're always there to listen. You snort when you laugh. You're ticklish. You're caring underneath your facade. There's nothing you wouldn't do to save those you love. And despite prior thoughts, you do happen to get scared. You may seem mean to those close to you, but you're the most loyal person I know... and I love you for it all. I’m in love with you, Logan. That’s what I really had to tell you in the parking lot earlier.” I let my mind wander. She loved me. She really loved me. Everything was starting to fall into place. Place. My safe place. The hill. I imagined that day. Rogue and I, standing on the hill together. The wind blowing through her hair. She turns to look at me, her eyes wide. “Logan?”
“Yes?”
“Logan, I knew we had no chance with our bodies, and I needed somewhere to fight them all. My mind is too cluttered, so I brought them to yours. Will you help me?” I didn’t really understand.
“What?”
“No time, they’re coming!” She pointed past me, and I turned to look. From over the hill I saw fire. First, Jean walked up, on fire and angry looking. Remy followed. Scott after, and so on and so forth until a small army had grown on the hill. All at once they spoke.
“Prepare to be defeated.” Rogue and I stared into the crowd. Once again she was on my side, but I could still feel that my body was burning, as was Rogues. I knew that we didn’t have much time before our bodies became obsolete, and if we lost, we would be trapped in my mind together. If we lost, we would die. If we took too long to win, we would die. We looked into the swarm and knew that this was it. I looked at her, she looked at me.
“Let’s kick ass.”
Chapter End Notes:
I know its a little confusing, but it will all be explained in chapters ahead. Rate and Comment.