Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter took a while to figure out. I had it on my mind my whiole vacation, and it went through many transformations. Hope you like the final product.
Rogue fell face first on the ground. Her scream echoed around me, hurting my ringing ears. She tried to turn to face me, but my claws were still lodged in her calf. She couldn’t move. She thrashed around, dislodging me from the rock and pulling me through the mud. Mud got into the cut on my back. I screamed, but I had to hold on. She was beginning to twist my arm to try to stand up. The burnt skin was beginning to tear as she twisted it, but she continued to stand. She got to her knees, and began to punch me in the side of the head, trying to get me to let go of her. The rain was beginning to pool around me, and my face was on the ground because of the angle she had put me in. I was beginning to drown. Without thinking, I brought my claws back into my wrist and lifted myself. I gasped for air, only to be greeted by a hand to the back of the head. She pushed my face into the shallow water, and held me there. It wasn’t very deep, but it was deep enough to drown in, and she knew it. I tried to get up, but my muscle tissue was only half healed, and she had weakened me from her touch. She pushed my face harder into the wet ground, breaking my nose. Again. I flailed my arms and legs around, trying to maybe slip from her grasp, but inadvertently I ended up making her push harder. I tried hard not to inhale, and it burned. My lungs were still in the midst of healing as well, and this kind of attention was not good for them. Eventually, I caved. I took a deep breath of the thick muddy water. I coughed, and vomited. I could hear her faintly over the fall of the rain saying “Just die already.” I wished I could. I felt her nails scratch my back, and I gasped, taking more of the mud. I was weak. There was nothing I could do. I had always been the strongest of everyone, but now? I was being drowned in mud. Not the way I saw myself going out. The mud was heavy in my damaged lungs. The pain was bad, but still nowhere near being engulfed in fire. The mud tasted bitter, and I could feel bits of twigs and leaves in my mouth. I was sure I had breathed some of them in. Mud had gotten in my eyes and into my cuts. It burned. I felt her hands on the back of my head, pushing. Suddenly, I felt her hands curl around my hair. She lifted me from the mud.

I coughed heavily, mud, water and leaves shooting from my mouth. I sat on the wet ground trying desperately to catch my breath. Rogue stood next to me, looming over me like an owl over a mouse. The rain was beating against me, washing the mud off. I knew that this was far from over, but I was grateful for the break. I vomited bile once more, and laid back. The cold rain bounced off my body. I could feel myself entering the last stages of healing. She wanted me to fight back. She was only doing this so I could heal up and be a worthy adversary, and no matter how much I tried to deny it, I knew I was going to have to fight her. The wind was cold, and it felt like I was freezing to death. I sat back up, and opened my eyes. Every tree within view was burned to a crisp and toppled over. The night was blacker than it had ever been, and the only light was from the distant school. Rogue walked in front of me and looked down. “Get up.” I wasn’t in the mood to argue, so I did. My head pounded, my ears rang, and my skin tingled. I felt like a rag doll. I got to my feet, and braced myself for whatever she was going to throw at me. She stood, not moving. Her eyes were focused on mine. She stayed this way for a minute or two, before looking down at my naked body. “Your zipper is undone” she said. Then she burst out laughing. It was her laugh. I loved it, but I hated it at the same time. I had never felt this way before. I wanted to kill Rogue, the one girl I would do anything for. I couldn’t tell if I was going crazy, or if I was the only sane thing left in the world. Either way, I knew what I had to do. I took one step forward, ready to fight. She closed her eyes, then opened them again. A ray of pure energy shot out at me. I flew back into the mess of burnt trees. I stood and started to make my way back to her, climbing over and under the mangled trees.

I watched as she suddenly fell to the ground. She screamed. I stopped dead in my tracks. She began to roll on the ground, making different sounds and saying things with different voices each time. She sat up and started to hit herself in the head, screaming “GET OUT!!!” She was fighting them. She was gaining control. She looked up at me, and in the most Rogue voice I had heard in hours, she screamed “LOGAN!! HELP ME!!” I stepped over the last few trees, and made my way over to where she was. She was grabbing her head, and scratching her face. She would bleed a bit, but the rain would wash it away. She still had my healing ability, and the cuts were gone as fast as she made them. Her face was twisted, and her scream would switch voices as it went. I looked into her eyes. They were the worst of all. They would be green, no blue, no red, no brown, no red and black, no gray, no green again, all in the blink of an eye, no pun intended. She crouched over and vomited. I held her hair back out of her face, despite it was raining anyways. She looked at me. Her eyes were blue. Jean. She opened her mouth to speak. “Logan, get out of here.” It was Rogues voice. “I can’t stop myself. Go, NOW!”
“No, I’ll help you.” She closed her eyes. “Logan MOVE!!” It was too late. She opened her eyes, and rays of pure energy shot at me from close range. I shot backwards. “LOGAN!” she screamed. She got up and ran to me. I was lying on the ground, looking skyward. She got to me, and looked down. Her eyes were blue again. Jean. “Logan, I’m sorry.” She put her hand out to me. I began to rise into the air. She began to rise as well. We lifted high into the air, until I could no longer see the ground. “Logan. I’m sorry.” She was crying. I had one more question for her. I had to know.
“What did you want to tell me in the parking lot earlier?”
“I love you, Logan.” With that, she closed her hand, and I began to plummet to the ground.
Chapter End Notes:
Hopefully that answered everyones question from Chapter 4. Rate and Comment please.