Author's Chapter Notes:
Warning. This one gets pretty graphic. Can't say i didn't warn you.
I jumped out of the way of the fire, and it just missed me. I felt its heat on my back. Too close. The tree behind me suddenly caught fire and fell in my direction. I rolled out of the way, but a branched pinned me down. “ROGUE!!” I screamed over the sound of the fire and the wind. “PLEEEAASE, IT’S LOGAAN!!! PLEASE REMMEMBEER!!” She didn’t falter. It was as if I never spoke. The tree began to grow heavier, and the fire was making its way down the branch towards me. I looked up at Rogue again, only to see her smiling. She was trying to crush me with the tree. I screamed as the fire engulfed my pants. It burned my skin faster than I could heal. She had weakened me. The smell of burning flesh filled my nose, and I heard a crack come from deep within me. I was suddenly winded. I had ruptured a lung. I tried to scream, but I had no air left. My legs were a black mess, and my pants were completely burned away. My lung was trying to heal itself, I could feel it. Rogue laughed that multiple laugh from before. Right about now, I started to think about Remy, and what he had asked me. Was there really a heaven? I hoped so, because as far as it looked, I would be joining him pretty soon. The pressure of the tree was too much for me. I felt my ribs bend under the pressure. Crack. There goes my other lung. I could taste blood, and I felt it running down my face from my mouth. The fire had reached my shirt. I started to cry again. I looked back up at Rogue. I could feel the fire making its way closer to my head. This was it. I could feel my life slipping away from me. I couldn’t scream, I couldn’t move. I could only lie there and die. I closed my eyes, and imagined the hill again. The sky is so orange, and Rogue is sitting next to me in her gray hoodie and purple gloves. She looks at me with a smile. Her eyes are deep green. Less gray than the day on the hill, but I still like it. She pulls herself closer to me. She giggles. It’s her giggle. Her laugh. I put my arm around her and we watch as the sun goes down. Just as it hits the bottom of the hill, she turns to me. Her face glows in the dim light, and her lips look full and soft. “Logan?”
“Yes?”
“I love you.” With that, she leans in to kiss me, when suddenly the trees around us light fire. She screams and jumps up off me. The sky is orange again, but not from the sun. From the fire engulfing us. I watch as the fire engulfs her, and she slowly dies in front of me. The hill was ruined. My safe place was dead. It would never be the same.

I opened my eyes to see Rogue still in the air above me. I couldn’t feel anymore, and the smell of my own flesh was horrid. My crying had ceased, and I knew that this was it. I would never know what it was like to kiss her. The only girl I ever really loved was going to be my end. She was taking my life from me, the life that was supposed to grow older with her. The life that had just lost everything. I closed my eyes to accept my fate, when I felt something cold. Rain? I opened my eyes to see that a steady rain had begun to fall. The fire around and on me was slowly going out. Rogue lowered to the ground. The rain was so refreshing. I turned my head to look down at myself. I was all black and there were parts that you could see my adamantium bones clearly. I looked like a skeleton. I vomited, but only bile came out. The pain was comparable only to the adamantium process, but the emotional pain, well, I can’t even begin to explain. The tree began to lift off of me, and in one swift motion of her arm, she threw the burned tree across the clearing and into the little river that flowed through the forest. I felt my lungs fill with air, and I took a huge breath. my headache worsened, but that was the least of my worries. My skin was beginning to heal itself, and the rain washed all the blood away. I coughed up more blood, and slowly raised myself to my hands and knees. As I healed, I felt the tingling of rain increase. I was naked, but I didn’t care. I had to get help, somehow. I tried to think. Where should I go? Who should I get? I heard a splash behind me, and I turned to look. My body was still healing, and the still burned parts cracked when I turned. Blood poured from me again, but it washed away quickly. Rogue was no longer on fire, and she was only wearing burned shreds. Her hair stuck to her face. It wasn’t fire anymore. Her eyes were red still, and she wore that demonic smile. She walked up to me and put out her gloved hand to help me up. I reached for it, and she lifted me. I stood, but she wouldn’t let go. I pulled, but she wouldn’t budge. Her smile faltered, and then she put her other hand on my arm and flipped me. I landed hard on my still burned back. “Let’s finish this.” Her voice was deep and scary. I stood quickly. The rain was cold on my body, and the wind wasn’t helping. Rogue began to circle around me. I couldn’t have my back to her. She wasn’t herself. “What’s the matter, Logan?” she asked me. “The big bad wolf afraid of a little girl?”
“Rogue, pleeaase lissten to me. I know you’re a litttle confuused right noww, but-”
“Fuck off Logan. Your mine.” Oh, if she had said that about an hour before, I would have been overjoyed. But now, she was out for blood.
“Roguue, I-” she ran towards me and body checked me to the ground. I landed on a sharp rock. I screamed, and she only laughed. She got back up, and circled me again.
“Come on, Wolverine. Get up, I want a fight!”
“Rogue, let mee helpp youu.”
“I don’t need help, I need your head on my wall.” She kicked me in the side. The rock lodged itself deeper in my back. The rain was heavy now, and my ears were ringing again. She stepped over me. I had an idea. It was a long shot, but I had to try. Her ankle was by my head. I reached up and grabbed it. She looked down at me. “I’m soo sorry, Roguue.” With that, I shot out my claws and plunged them into her leg.
Chapter End Notes:
Not too much to say. I'd love to hear what you think about the stories new direction. Rate and comment please. BTW, i am going on vacation for 10 days, so there wont be any new chapters for a bit. i apologize for any inconvenience, and will try to put one up as soon as possible.