She was waiting paitently at the bottom of the stairs, the smug look on Logan’s face when he joined her told her all she needed to know. They walked in a comfortable silence to the dinning room, the smell of fresh coffee and toast greeting them.
There were a few younger students sitting at the table in the centre of the room chatting amongst themselves, Scott and Ororo sitting in silence at the ‘X-table’ reading newspapers and drinking their coffee. Rogue made her way over to the table her and her friends usually sat at in the far corner of the room, a plate of pancakes in one hand, orange juice in the other. She looked at the watch on her wrist, nearly half past eight. There was no sign of Kitty or Jubilee, and there was no way any of the guys would be awake this early on a Saturday morning. “Enjoy the peace while it lasts” she thought to herself.
As she took a long drink of her orange juice, a shadow cast over her as Logan sat down opposite her, placing a plate full of bacon, eggs and toast onto the table in front of him.
“Not sitting at the x-table?” she asked slightly confused. After what happened with Jean a few minutes ago, she thought he’d try to not provoke the situation by sitting with her.
“Nah.” he said, swallowing a piece of toast. “Don’t get me wrong, Ororo is probably one of the nicest people on the team but she can bore me to hell sometimes. And as for Scooter, don’t get me started.”

***

Rogue’s class had a training session in the danger room that morning with Logan. One of Professor Xaiver’s lessons had been cancelled so his class joined them.
They went thought a couple of simulations and did some one-to-one hand combat, Logan‘s class against the professor’s. Logan wasn’t in the best of moods most mornings, today wasn‘t really an exception, about the only person he was being nice to was Rogue.
“Hey that’s not fair! I did way better than her!” Siryn protested, she never liked to come last in anything, especially since it was Rogue she had been up against. She’d always been jealous of her and Bobby‘s relationship and was bitterly disappointed when the kiss she shared with him led to nothing more. She knew he still liked Rogue which made her jealousy worse.

“Too bad, better luck next time.” is all Logan had said to her.

As everyone left the danger room, Siryn stayed behind, still arguing with Logan. Rogue lingered in the doorway for a minute, then decided to leave. She knew Siryn had no reason to kick off about losing, other than jealousy and Logan knew it. As she made her way to the locker room she heard the girl marching quickly behind her.
“Fuckin’ bitch.” Siryn snarled as she stomped passed.
“I beg your pardon!” Rogue yelled at her.
She instantly turned on her heel, “I said” she walked closer to her now, “You’re a fuckin bitch” she spat.
Rogue stared back in disbelief, all this over a boy she wasn’t even going out with anymore?
“What’s wrong, you mad cus you lost or because you’re jealous?” Anger boiled up inside her as she glared back at her fellow student.

Siryn shoved her using all her strength, Rogue’s body hitting hard against the wall behind her. The shock was worse than the pain. “Me grow up? Excuse me, but aren’t you the little baby that can’t control her own powers? Maybe it’s because Wolverine feels sorry for you that you’re teachers pet. Or perhaps it’s the fact you nearly killed him twice and he’s scared that if he’s not nice to you, you might do it for real next time. Or maybe it‘s got something to do with the fact you‘ve been following him around like a lost puppy since he got back. Do you seriously, think he‘d ever look twice at you?” She snarled, looking Rogue up and down in disgust “And as for Bobby, he must’ve had something seriously wrong with him when he went out with you.” She gave Rogue another hate filled look before turning and marching to the locker room.

Her words hurt her more than she thought they would. Although she could control her powers now, she still hadn’t gotten around to announce it to anyone but Logan yet. And as for her following him around like a lost puppy, maybe she too had noticed the way they were around each other but she didn’t have any solid proof.

Rogue decided to go change in her room, not that she was scared or felt threatened, she couldn’t be bothered with any more arguments or confrontations in the locker room. After a quick shower and a change of clothes Rogue flopped down onto her bed and stared at the ceiling. It was nearing lunch time, she didn’t feel like having anything to eat, she was to busy trying to come up with a plan.
How should she go about announcing her ability to finally control her powers? Run around the mansion wearing as little clothing as possible and let her bare skin touch everyone she saw? No.
Punch Siryn in the face with her bare, un-gloved fists turning the green-eyed monster into a black-eyed one? As much as she liked this idea, it’d have to be a no, she’d get into too much trouble and that jealous psycho wasn’t worth it.
How about jumping on Logan and making out with him in front of the whole school? If only she could! She wanted everyone to know that she‘d managed to tame the wild Wolverine. That’d rub the stupid smile off Dr. Grey’s smug face. But no, that’d bring even more trouble to her and Logan.

A knock on the door made her snap out of the little stories she was going through in her head. Before she could answer, the door opened and in rushed an angry Jubilee and concerned Kitty.
“That girl, who does she think she is!” yelled Jubilee as Kitty closed the door.
“Are you ok, Rogue?” Kitty asked walking over to sit next to Rogue, who was now sitting up on her bed.
“Yeah I’m fine.” she smiled at her friend’s concern. They’d obviously heard something mentioned in the locker room.
“Honestly, that girl, she’s crazy! She was babbling on about you and Bobby and how you are ruining her chances with him by flirting with him and leading him on. And you know what else she said? She said that you didn’t sleep in your own room last night and you were seen by someone coming out of Wolvie’s room this morning. How crazy is that!” Jubilee ranted, pacing up and down
Rogue tried to hide the worried look on her face when Jubilee said that last part and just nodded in agreement.
“I mean, me and Kitty know that you two are close, but we know it’s nothing like the way she was making it out to be.”
“Don’t worry about her, everyone knows about her and her stories” Kitty reassured her friend, placing a caring hand on her gloved one.
“I know, I just don’t want her and her big mouth getting Logan into trouble, he only just came back.” Rogue was worrying now. What if one of the teachers heard? What if the professor found out?
“Don't worry about it, chica. You gonna come get something to eat with us?” Jubilee asked now she’d clam down a bit.
“Nah I had a big breakfast and I have something to work on. I’ll catch ya up in a bit” Rogue smiled as her friends left.
She felt so guilty hiding all this from them but she had to. Jean probably wouldn’t of mentioned the incident in the morning to anyone other than Scott, perhaps she‘d overheard. But they obviously believed her over Siryn. Seriously, what was it with redheads?
Chapter End Notes:
No offence if you are a redhead!