Author's Chapter Notes:
This was inspired by Every breath you take by The Police.

Smut warning *blush* I tried my best so pleace be kind!
*Fast forward 5 days*

“Rogue?” Jubilee said for the fifth time as she nudged her friend to get her attention.
“Hu?” she quickly snapped her eyes away from the teachers table and looked at her friend.
“You like him, don’t you? That’s why you‘ve been acting weird all week.” she asked looking over to where Rogue’s gaze had been fixed since they’d arrived for lunch.
“What? No I-” trying to stop her cheeks turning scarlet.
“I don’t get what you see in him, especially how he treated you.” Kitty joined in.
“Yeah come on chica, what he did with Siren, that was just evil.”
Rogue was just about to open her mouth, when she realised they were talking about Bobby. She just looked up at her friends and smiled weakly “I guess you’re right.” It was better to let them think it was Bobby that she’d had on her mind all week than them know the truth.

**

Something was different about him. He was still annoying the hell out of Scott but not by his continuous flirting with her. He’d hardly even looked at her since he got back. She’d given him plenty of chances to flirt and lay his hands on her this morning in the danger room, but he just didn’t seem to respond. When looked over at him from across the table at lunch time, he didn’t give her a single glance. Something was up, perhaps he’d had a lobotomy while he was away.

Jean tapped her pen against her desk unable to concentrate on the paperwork before her. Something had to be done.
She left her office and made her way over to Logan’s making sure no one was around before knocking on the door. No answer. That was strange, he didn’t usually hang about in the mansion when the kids were about. It was coming up to 4o’clock, they‘d all be finishing their lessons around this time. She pushed the door open and popped her head in to check. “Logan?” she called. She closed the door and headed down stairs to check the garage.
He wasn’t there either. And Scott’s bike was still there, so he hadn’t gone out. Jean’s confusion grew. This really wasn’t like Logan at all.
As she made her way to the kitchen, she saw him outside, sitting on a low red-brick wall, cigar in his mouth. She smiled wickedly, finally she’d found her prey. She opened the French doors that led out to the patio and stepped outside. He looked up and that familiar feral smile spread across his lips, his eyes gleaming. She tried her best suppress the smug smile that so desperately wanted to let it’s self known.
“Hey.” she heard a voice behind her. Rogue walked passed quickly making a beeline for him.
Jean scowled at the presence of the young girl interrupting her. She looked back to Logan, his eyes were no longer fixed on her, but the young girl walking towards him.
“Alright, darlin’?” he asked her, standing up, he still had that look in his face. And wait, did he just call her darling? As Rogue settled on the wall next to Logan, Jean just stood and stared.

Logan looked up at her “Yeah?” he asked sharply. Normally he’d be almost purring to her as he spoke, he’d be like putty in her hands.
“Have either of you seen Scott?” she asked quickly. She didn’t want him to know that she actually enjoyed his flirtacious advances and actually wanted to ask him what the hell was going on between him and herself.

“Try the kitchen, he was in there a few minutes ago when I passed” Rogue replied, trying not to smile too smugly at the look that was a mix of disappointment and shock on the red head’s face at the way Logan looked, or rather, didn’t look at her.
“Thanks” she said trying to smile before turning on her heel and heading back inside.
She looked at the through the glass of the door as she closed it and watched as the pair began chatting and laughing together. She watched as he pulled the young girl into a hug, a slight look of worry on her face. But the look on his face hadn’t changed. It was familiar, sort of how he used to look at her, but there was a lot more to it, something so much deeper.

She walked back to her office, her thoughts racing. She grew suspicious of how close he’d suddenly become to Rogue since his return. They did spend some time together before but not as much as they
did now. They’d spent all of Sunday together, smiled at each other and exchanged glances in the corridors or from across the dinning room, gave each other subtle little touches when ever they were close enough. And Logan was spending more time in the rec room, and whenever he was there, so was she.
Something had to be going on.

Jealousy boiled up inside her as she sat and held her head in her hands at the oak desk. It was stupid of her to be jealous, she had everything she needed with Scott. But there was something about the other man that excited her and she loved all the attention he’d given her, even if she pretended she wasn’t interested. Deep down she wanted him so badly it hurt. Now his attention had been stolen away by Rogue. Perhaps he’d given up chasing her, tired of rejection. But to then go and turn his focus to a vulnerable young girl, well that was just wrong.
“Oh well, its not like she can touch him without killing him.” she thought bitterly.

***

“I win again! Looks like the Wolverine is losing his touch.” Rogue teased, laying her pool cue back onto the pool table.
“That was just a lucky shot” Logan replied trying not to show how annoyed he actually was after loosing for the third time, especially since a small crowed of spectators had gathered in the rec room to watch. Most of them had been drawn in by Jubilee’s shouts and screams of her friends victory every time she managed to hit another ball into a pocket.
Logan picked up his beer and flopped down onto the sofa. Jubilee and Peter set up the pool table for their game as most of the other students left the room, no longer interested in watching now Wolverine no longer participating.

After a few more rounds of pool it was approaching 11 o’clock. “We’re gonna go watch a movie in my room, wanna join?” Peter asked politely as ever. Jubilee, Kitty, Bobby and John all stood waiting for her reply.
“Um, nah it’s ok thanks, I have some studying to do.” Rogue said, her eyes drifting awkwardly away when she saw the look of disappointment on Bobby’s face. As the boys left the room, Kitty and Jubilee stayed behind. Feeling a little uneasy, Logan left to fetch another beer from the kitchen.
“Come on, it’s Friday, you have all weekend to study” whined Kitty.
“Yeah and just ignore Bobby, chica. Forget about him.”
Rogue shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She wanted to stay with Logan, but of course she couldn’t tell them that.
“I don’t know, I’m just a little confused at the moment, I need some space to think-”
“Think about what?” Jubilee exclaimed “What he did was wrong. End of. You shouldn’t give him another chance, he’ll just break your heart again.”
“I know that, just, I don’t really fancy watching a film right now and I don’t really want to have to sit for another two hours with him staring at me.”
“Ok then.” Kitty smiled weakly and the girls went to re-join the group.

Rogue sighed, as much as she hated lying to her friends, she had to. She couldn’t let them know about her and Logan, she couldn’t risk anyone finding out otherwise she’d be expelled for sure. And even if she was allowed to stay, there would be no way Logan would be allowed to stay at the mansion too. It didn’t seem fair, it wasn’t like she was under age, but not everyone would see it that way. She made her way to the kitchen to find Logan leaning against the fridge sipping his beer. She casually walked over to him and planted a soft kiss on his lips. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. “I was wondering when they’d leave” he grinned before pulling her into a passionate kiss. He was finding it harder than ever to control the beast within him. The last time they’d been alone like this, Jubilee had rudely walked, killing the moment. Logan wished he’d stayed to finished what he’d started that night. Rogue pulled her lips away form his, he could smell her arousal growing stronger and he could see the lust in her eyes, mirroring his.
“You thinkin’ what I’m thinkin’, sugar?” she asked, blushing slightly as her own words. A wicked smile spread across his lips. He quickly finished his drink and grabbed her hand. She let out a tiny squeal of excitement and surprise as he pulled her towards the kitchen door.

They made their way to Logan’s room as quietly as they could, Rogue’s heartbeat soared as her anticipation grew stronger. Logan opened his bedroom door letting her in, he followed and locked the door after him.
He tore eagerly at her clothes as he kissed her, roughly forcing his tongue into her mouth. She pulled at his wifebeater which he quickly removed to let her hands roam his chest. Her hands lowered and started to undo his belt as he kissed her neck, running his hands up to her breasts. He pushed her onto his bed and pulled off his jeans. He crawled onto the bed and pulled at her black jeans with his teeth, the beast was starting to take over, she could see it in his eyes but she wasn’t scared, infact this excited her more. She moved her hands down to open the button on her jeans for him as he’d seem to forgotten how to do it himself. He pulled them down roughly, leaving her laying there in nothing but her red lace underwear. He managed to gain control of the animal within him and kissed her thighs up towards her panties, he lingered there for a few seconds sensing her excitement before continuing up her stomach and breasts.
“Logan” she moaned, her hands tangled in his hair as he kissed her bare breasts, his erection pushing against. He kissed her neck as he rubbed her clit through her wet panties. She bit her lip trying to keep as quiet as she could. He let out a low growl as he pulled her panties to one side and slid himself inside her, making her gasp. He looked down at her, her cheeks red, her breathing was heavy, she nodded letting him know she was ready for him to continue. She moaned as her back arched as he thrust himself into her, the look on her face only making him want more.
He could feel her getting closer, her body withering beneath him with every thrust. “Oh Logan” she moaned as quietly as she could, biting down on her lip to stop herself from screaming. The feeling of her orgasm making him climax seconds after.

He collapsed next to her as they both gasped for air, sweat dripping down both of their bodies.
“How was that?” he asked breathlessly.
“So much better than last time” she managed to whisper, “Not that last time was anything to- complain about” she laughed still catching her breath.
He smiled weakly as she lay her head on his chest, she could hear his heart still racing. He planted a soft kiss on her head as they both fell asleep in each others arms.

***

The morning light shone through the window as Rogue blinked. She looked around then suddenly realised she was in Logan’s room, his arms still wrapped protectively around her. She lay and quietly stared at his sleeping face. She still couldn’t quite believe that after years of dreaming, this was finally coming true, only this was better than anything she could imagine.
His eyes slowly opened and he let out a sleepy growl. “Mornin’ babe” he smiled lazily.
“Mornin’” she whispered back.

After a refreshing shower, together of course, and getting dressed, they made their way down to the dinning hall to get some breakfast. They neared the end of the corridor and reached the top of the stairs when they heard a door open. “Rogue? What are you doing here?” came Jean’s confused voice from behind them.
“Go on, I’ll take care of this” Logan whispered to Rogue. She slowly made her way down the stairs, looking over her shoulder at him, her eyes full of worry. They’d been caught for sure.
Logan turned to face Jean, she was standing in the door way of her room, her white silk robe wrapped loosely around her, her hair ruffled.
“What is she doing here?” Jean asked, her tone stern and accusing.
“Relax Jean, she just had a nightmare.”
“Logan, you know its forbidden for her to be in your room.” the red-haired woman hissed
“The poor girl was terrified, what was I meant to do, turn her away?” Logan protested. Jean frowned at him, not believing a word.
“What would the professor say?” she snapped glaring at him.
“What’s the matter, Red? Jealous it wasn’t you sleeping in my bed last night?” he smirked. Her face turned red, half with anger, half embarrassment.
“Logan if you-”
“I haven’t done anything. Get your head out of the gutter, Jean, just ’cus Cyke isn’t giving you any.”
“What happens between me and Scott is private!” she gasped, disgusted at his acusations.
“Well then, you keep your nose outta my business and I’ll keep mine outta yours.” Logan said smugly, knowing he’d won the argument.
“I’ll be watching you, Logan” she warned him before retreating back into her room and slamming the door behind her.
Chapter End Notes:
Please be kind and don't forget to rate and leave feedback!