Marie woke in the morning wondering if last night had all just been a dream. As she opened her eyes to see a sleeping Logan laying facing her, his arm still around her waist. This wasn’t the first time she woke up next to him like this, she’d slept in his bed with him a few times after having one of his nightmares but always reluctantly made her way back to her own bed before anyone in the mansion woke. Last night was different, perfect in fact, she didn’t think Logan was the romantic type at all. She sighed happily as she gently ran her fingers through his hair.
Wait, what time was it? She reached out to grab her watch, careful not to wake him. 8:18 am
“Oh crap, I better get goin’ before someone notices I‘m gone…”

She gently moved his arm from around her waist, although she wanted to stay but she knew if Jubilee realised she hadn’t slept in her own bed that night she’d get 1,000 questions on where she had been.

And yeah, she was 18 now, but Logan was still a teacher here at the school (even if he did disappear for months on end) and that wasn’t allowed in any school.

She quickly picked up her clothes that were strewn around them and pulled them on as quickly as
possible. She picked up the white box from the bookcase and made her way back to the mansion.

***

Luckily no one was awake yet. She closed her bedroom door and flopped down onto her bed. Staring at the ceiling, she couldn’t stop thinking about last night’s events, how gentle Logan was. She knew him better than anyone else and he still surprised her.

After staring at the ceiling for a good half an hour, she got up and had a shower and brushed her teeth. As she was putting on a clean pair of jeans there was a knock on her door “Just a minute” she called. She pulled a clean black long sleeved top on and went over to see who was waiting outside.
“Hey Bobby” she smiled.
“Hi” he replied, taking a few steps into her room “I came by to see you last night but you weren’t here”

Rogue’s heartbeat sped up a little “I um…went for a walk. I needed to clear my head”
Bobby frowned at her “At midnight?”
“Yeah, just…I was upset, thinking about my family” she lied, it was the only thing she could think of saying. And it worked.
“Oh…well if you ever need to talk, you know where I am” he said “this is for you” he said quickly handing her a light green envelope before leaving her room.

Rogue frowned after him and closed the door “Strange” she thought. She opened the envelope, inside was a CD and a note which read “Here are a few songs that describe how I feel about you”
She walked over to her CD player and played the CD. Rogue rolled her eyes as she skipped through all the soppy love songs, if he hadn’t been such a jerk then she might think this was sweet. When would he get the message that she wasn’t interested?

She turned off the CD player and picked up her guitar, sat on her bed and began to strum a few chords. She was surprised she still remembered how to play guitar, she hadn’t played for a couple of years since leaving home.

After a while, there was another knock “Come in” Rogue called as the door opened, Kitty came in followed by Jubilee.
“Where did you wander off to last night chica?” Jubilee asked smiling curiously at her.
“Yeah, we noticed you and Bobby ran off at about the same time last night.” Kitty chimed in raising her eyebrows at Rogue.
“What? No me and Bobby, we didn’t -”
“Come on girl! We saw him here earlier, just admit it!” Jubilee laughed.
“I did not see Bobby last night!” Rogue laughed
“Then where were you? You disappeared then we saw Bobby leaving your room at like midnight!” Jubilee said raising her eyebrows even higher.
“I was out, I needed some fresh air. And as for Bobby, yeah he was in my room earlier, he said he came by last night hoping I’d be here so he could give me this” she said picking up the CD from her desk. “. He should know by now that I don’t want him back.”
“What’s on it?” Kitty asked laughing
“Let me guess, he made you a CD with love songs on it in an attempt to win your heart back” Jubilee said putting her hand to her forehead pretending to swoon. Rogue laughed and nodded her head.
As they left Rogue’s room and headed down stairs, Jubilee led the way. The tv in the rec room was occupied by a few of the younger students watching cartoons.
“Lets go outside” Jubilee said “Peter said something about playing basketball”

***

After a few rounds of basket ball, the six students, made their way to the dinning hall. Rogue had spent all morning thinking about last night and smiled to herself constantly. She was at the front of the group as they walked to the dinning room, Bobby came running up behind her, “Hey, did you listen to the CD yet?” he asked hopefully.
“Yeah. And I’m sorry Bobby, but you already know you blew it. Just move on, I have” As they turned a corner Rogue walked right into someone.
“Whoa, careful.” Logan said quickly grabbing Rouge’s hand to stop her falling.
“Hi Logan” Rogue said, blushing, all the memories from last night rushing back to her.
“Hey Wolvie! When did you get back?” Jubilee asked
“Er, a few hours ago” he lied. “You ok?” he asked Rogue, looking over at Bobby.
“Yeah Logan I’m fine, nothing I can’t handle.”
“Ok, I’ll see ya later” he gave Bobby another look as a warning before walking off.

They arrived at the dinning hall and sat down at their usual table with their dinners. “You ok Rogue?” Peter asked.
“Uh, yeah I’m…fine” she said, snapping out of her daze.
“She’s been like this all day. I think it must be what happens when you get to 18, your mind just goes blank” Jubilee joked

***

After dinner Rogue went to find Logan. She made her way to the area where the teachers sleeping quarters were, careful to not make too much noise, she wasn’t sure is she was allowed to be in this part of the school. As she got to Logan’s room she heard Scott and Jean’s voices approaching. She ran to Logan’s door and quickly slipped inside his room.

“Hey, you not heard of knocking?” he said, walking out from the bathroom with nothing but a black pair of jeans, water was dripping from his wet hair onto his shoulders and chest. Rogue blushed as she looked him up and down.
“Jean and Scott nearly saw me” she said, just as there was a knock at his door.
“Quick, hide in there” Logan laughed ushering Rogue into the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

“Yeah?” she heard him say as his door opened.
“Oh, didn’t realise you were back” Scott voice came “I thought I saw someone just come in here”
“You need to get your eyes checked Cyclops” Logan Said sarcastically.
“Oh, and Logan, where’s my bike.”
“In the garage Cyke. Here you might want these” he said throwing the keys to him from his desk.
The door closed.

After a few seconds Rogue slowly opened the bathroom door. “It’s ok, the coast’s clear now” he smiled.
“I’m sorry I had to go this morning, I didn’t want anyone knowing I hadn’t slept in my own bed.”
“I understand.” Logan smiled. He stepped forward, wrapped his arms around her waist and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.
“I really enjoyed last night, sugar” she purred, leaning her head onto his chest. He let out a low growl in agreement which made Rogue giggle a little.

He let got of her, walked over to his bed and pulled on the red plaid shirt that lay out ready.
“So you wanna get away from here for a bit?” he asked, raising one eyebrow at her.
“Sure” she smiled. “we taking the jeep?”
“Nope” he reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys with a wicked grin on his face.
“I thought you gave Scott his keys back.” she asked confused.
“ Yeah I did, these are mine” he smirked. He quickly turned his head towards the door, he could smell someone was close, Scott. He quickly locked his door.

“Quick!” he grabbed Rogue’s hand and walked over to the window pushing it open, just as there was a sharp knock at the door.
“Logan what are you doing?” she whispered as he climbed up onto the window frame.
“Just trust me” he said. He turned and jumped out of his window.

“Logan? LOGAN!” Scott yelled from the other side of the door.

“Come on Marie!” Logan called from outside.
Rogue looked out of the window, it looked like a long way down, she was never too keen on heights and didn’t really want to dive out of a third floor window.

“Logan! Open this door now!!” Scott yelled banging frantically on the door.

“Just trust me, I’ll catch ya!” he called trying to reassure her.

Rogue climbed up, took a deep breath and let herself fall just as Scott forced the door open.

“Quick!” Rogue giggled as Logan set her down.

Scott walked over to the open window and looked outside as they disappeared around the corner.

***