The cool October air gently brushed her face as she walked over to the lake, the light of the moon gently lit the way. There were more stars out than last night, she looked up at them and sighed softly “this isn’t going to be pretty” she whispered to herself. She wondered why he wanted her to meet him there, it wasn’t like he had any chance of getting back with her and he should of realised this after the last three attempts to win her over. But she couldn’t forgive him after he’d kissed Siryn, especially since he’d done it in front of her. And she couldn’t pretend that she felt that way about him. The only person she wanted was one she couldn’t have, but still it would be unfair to lead Bobby on.

As she neared the cabin she could see dim light glowing inside and smoke gently flowing from the chimney. She pushed the door, that was already ajar open. Inside what looked like the living room, was a brown leather sofa in the middle of the room facing the open fire place where a warm wood fire was already burning, a white fur rug lay in front of it. To the left, behind the sofa was a door and directly ahead were two doors side by side. There were a few candles dotted around the room and on the rug before the fire was a small white box with red ribbon around it. Rogue closed the door and curiously walked over to the box and picked it up. She opened the ribbon and lifted the lid, inside were a pair of beautiful white gold earrings.

“Happy Birthday darlin’” came a husky voice from behind her. She span around, not quite believing her ears. The familiar smell of cigars filled the room. She didn’t know if she should be happy or angry.
“What are you….” her shaking voice trailed off. She wasn’t expecting this at all.
“Do you really think I’d miss your birthday Marie?” he smiled at her as he stepped closer.
“You remembered” she smiled, surprised.
“I’d never forget about you darlin’”
Her heart skipped a beat as he stepped even closer now. Why did he do all this, go to all this trouble?
“What’s with all…. This?” she asked looking around the room, then back to him.
“Just….. wanted to……make this special for ya” he replied slowly, picking his words the best he could without it sounding…seedy. “There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell ya for a while now Marie”
“Actually, there’s something I need to tell you too” she said, biting her lip nervously. He looked at her waiting for her to carry on. Now he too, was nervous, something he’d hardly felt before. His heart was beating so fast as he looked at the beautiful young woman she’d become.
She placed the box onto the small book case next to the fire place and gently pulled of her gloves. She slowly moved her shaking hands up and placed them on his shoulders, she ran her right hand up to his face.
“I can control it now” she whispered, not once breaking eye contact with him.
Logan didn’t realise what she was saying until he realised that her bare hand was now stroking his cheek and he didn’t feel weak. He didn’t know what to say. He placed his hand over hers and smiled. It really was true, no pain, no feeling weak, not that familiar pull he’d felt a few times before when he had touched her deadly skin.
“Marie….this, its amazing” he smiled. Shyly, her hands moved from his face and down to her side, he reached out and held both her hands. “How? When?”

“Well I was having all those sessions with the professor, and a was getting a little better each time and then one day it just, happened.” she looked at him her eyes shining, she almost looked like she was going to cry. “ I wanted to tell you but…” her eyes drifted down to the floor.
“I’m sorry I haven’t been around, but I had to-”
“I knew before you left” she cut him off. He looked at her frowning slightly. “I wanted to tell you I really did but I just couldn’t. I wanted it to be perfect, and the only time I really thought was perfect, well I just - I was too scared to.”
His frown softened “Hell, I’d be just as thrilled if you told me in the middle of the dinning room or in the library”
“Yeah but, I wanted this to be true for so long… You remember when we went to the fair, I was gonna tell ya then on the Ferris wheel, but I was too nervous…”

“I bet Iceman is thrilled” he said, his heart sinking as he let his hands slip away from hers,
“We ain’t together anymore” she said eagerly, she almost sang the words. He looked at her, raising one eyebrow. “and.. you’re the first person I told”
He frowned at her now “So, you’ve been walking about pretending that you still can’t control it when you can?” he asked slightly confused.
“I wanted you to be the fist to know” she whispered shyly, looking away from him, she could feel her cheeks burning. Tears began to fill her eyes, she felt stupid. She turned and sat down on the sofa. Logan could tell how she felt. He could smell her embarrassment.
She took a deep breath holding back the tears in her eyes. “So….. what did you want to say?” she asked nervously, trying to change the conversation.
Then she began to think, maybe he’d met someone when he was away, maybe he was moving and this was the last time she’d see him.

“I er…I…” he didn’t know how to say it. Should he just let it come out, or say something deep and poetic. He hadn’t ever said these words before, well not that he remembered. He sat down next to her and took a deep breath. “I’ve been meaning to tell you, I just never could before, even though I wanted to…..”
“This is it. He‘s going and never coming back.” Rogue thought, fighting back her tears. “It’s ok Logan, I understand” she said trying her best to smile and hide her sadness. Rogue stood up and made her way towards the door.

He quickly stood up after her “For heaven’s sake Marie, I….I love you!” he yelled frantically.
She froze. Her heart nearly stopped. She didn’t know what to do.
Logan slowly walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He leaned his head on her shoulder. “I love you Marie” he whispered into her ear, sending shivers down her spine.
“Why didn’t you tell me before?” she asked, turning to face him, his arms still around her.
“I couldn’t. I mean, I shouldn’t of felt that way about you, you were too young. I tried to ignore it, but I’ve never felt this way about anything or anyone before.”
She looked up at him, she couldn’t believe her ears. This was everything she’d ever dreamed of but she never actually thought I’d happen.
“I love you too Logan” she whispered gently moving her lips closer to his.

He leaned in and gently pressed his lips against hers. She’d only ever kissed one boy before, and she put him in a coma, she froze for a second, unsure of what to do so she just followed his lead. Her hands drifted up and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

He pulled away, smiling gently at her, she bit her lip nervously. He chuckled as she let out a surprised squeal as he picked her up and carried her back over to the sofa. He sat down, she was now straddling him, she ran her fingers through his hair and leaned in and kissed him a little more forceful than he’d been with her, not that he minded one bit. He ran his hands down to the small of her back and left his right hand carry on drifting down to her thigh.

She let out a moan as his tongue entered her mouth, she could feel him becoming aroused beneath her. He pushed her down so he was now laying on top of her, Rogue wrapped her legs around his waist. He stopped kissing her and looked down at her, his eyes glowing with lust as his lips curled into a wicked grin. He quickly rolled over holding onto her, they landed on the fur rug with a gentle thud. She looked down at him a little startled, her hair falling into his face.
“You ok, darlin’?” he smiled.
She nodded smiling back nervously “I-I ’m fine.” she sounded a little breathless. “just…”
He understood. “Look, you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to…”
“I want to…”she said quickly and pushed her lips against his…
Chapter End Notes:
I wasn't sure on how to go about writing a sex scene *blush*
I might try writing one soon.
Feedback and advice are welcome.