Author's Chapter Notes:
Forgive me if there are any spelling mistakes!
Three sharp knocks on the door made her jump out of her skin. The door burst open and in bounced Jubilee followed by Kitty. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROGUEY!!!!” yelled Jubilee at the top of voice.
Rogue laughed “hey don’t shout too loud, you’ll wake everyone” she placed her hair brush back on her dresser and got up from her chair. People had complained numerous times about Jubilee ruining their Saturday morning lie-in, and this would probably be another to add onto that list.

“What are you doing up so early anyway? I mean, it is your birthday” asked Jubes as she chewed on her gum. Kitty laughed at the expression on Rogues face. “Well I’d of been woken up by you anyway” she said her left eyebrow cocked “why are you up so early?” she looked at the clock on the small chest of draws by her bed, 8:47 am. Even if Jubes and Kitty were up this early they wouldn’t be out of bed and they certainly wouldn’t be dress and ready for the day.
“Well,” Kitty began “we wanted to know if you wanted to come-”
“SHOPPING” Jubes squealed waving her arms about crazily.
“SHUT IT JUBILEE!!” Bobby’s faint voice could be heard from down the hall.
She quickly put her hand over her mouth. “oops! SORRY DUDE!” she yelled back. Kitty, tapped her arm and put her finger to her lips signaling her to be quiet. All three girls began to giggle, it was always impossible to be serious when Jubilee was around. Rogue pulled her favourite jacket out of her wardrobe with her gloved hands, picked up her bag from her desk and the three girls made their way down stairs.

***

It was 6pm by the time they returned. Rogue helped Kitty and Jubes take their stuff to their room that that still shared. Considering it was her birthday, Rogue hadn’t bought nearly as much as the other two. She walked to her room, two bags in each hand. Rogue got to her room and dropped the bags on her bed. She rummaged through the one of the bags and pulled out a pair of tight black leather pants. Then she pulled out a low cut red vest top. She smiled. This would be the perfect outfit. When he was back, she’d wear it.

She picked up the top and shorts and some fresh underwear and took them into the bathroom with her. Closing the door, she hung them on the hook on the back of it. She pulled of her jacket and gloves flowed by the rest of her clothes dropping them to the floor and got in the shower.

After washing her hair and the her body under the warm flow of water, she got out and dried her damp body with a warm towel that had been resting on a radiator. Rogue opened the small frosted window to let the steam that had built up escape. She dried her hair roughly with another towel and turned to the clothes she had bought in with her. She pulled on the matching black lace bra and panties and reached for the pants and slowly slipped them on. They were perfect. She quickly pulled the red top on and looked at her reflection in the mirror. The top hugged her in all the right places and the shorts looked like they were painted on. Every curve was perfectly accentuated.

She leaned in towards the mirror, her hands rested on the white sink. She sighed. What if he didn’t want her? And more to the point, should she let him have her? As much as she loved him, he broke her heart every time he left and it’d be worse if she confessed her feelings just for him to leave again. She wanted to tell him the night he left last time. But she couldn’t find the perfect time to do it. She sighed sadly as she turned away from the mirror and towards her room.

***

He’d quietly made his way to her room, following her scent. He’d been in his room all day waiting for her to come back. Didn’t want her surprise ruined by someone else seeing him first. He could hear footsteps coming his way, Iceprick. Logan quickly took a few steps back and opened the nearest door that he could. He squeeze into the small closet already filled with a vacume cleaner, mop and bucket and various other cleaning equipment. When Bobby was safely out of site Logan slid out of his hiding place and carried on quietly. Nearly there now. A smile played on his lips as he reached her room. She was in there, in the bathroom. He could hear her. He quietly slipped in, making sure not to give the game away to her or anyone. He smiled fondly as his eyes drifted across her room. Not much had changed since the last time he came here. Same purple walls with the same posters on them. Books stacked up on her desk next to the laptop the professor had given her when she joined the school, just like everyone else had for their studies. There were only two differences in the room; the guitar she was playing last night, propped up against the desk on the far side of the room facing the window and a photo on the draws by her bed, the only picture in her room. He walked over to it and realised, it was of the two of them, taken about three months ago, the night he left.

Logan held the frame in his hand and looked at the picture as he sank down onto the bed, he smiled remembering how much fun that night had been. They’d been to the fair. Of course she wasn’t meant to be there, what with it being so late but she really wanted to go, and when she looked at Logan with those big beautiful eyes of hers, well, how could he possibly say no? Even though it wasn’t exactly his idea of fun, he borrowed Scott’s bike and off they went.
Rogue had dragged him to the bumper cars, “Right kid,” he’d said “If I have to do this, then you’re for it” he warned her as she jumped into one of the cars. “Do your worst” she replied, smirking playfully at him.
After nearly giving each other a whiplash and various bruises, they’d headed off to the games stalls. One where they had to shoot down come cans with a air rifle. Logan wasn’t so good at this and Rogue laughed at his failed attempt to even shoot one can. He told her that the site wasn’t straight but she just laughed even more.
Then there was the coconut shy, he was better at that. He managed to knock down every coconut, hitting the last one so hard it split open. Rogue smiled blushing slightly as he handed her the prize teddy.
After some hotdogs and beer each, bought by Rogue (he shouldn't of let her have it, she was only 17 after all but hey, he wasn't really the law abiding type anyway), they had their picture taken in a photo booth and headed off to the Ferris wheel where they watched the night sky together. Rogue looked at Logan, she was going to say something but hesitated “What’s up, kid?” he asked her. “Nothing” she said quietly laying her head on his shoulder.
It was perfect. Logan wasn’t the kind of person to be romantic or sentimental about anything but she made him feel things he didn’t even know existed, but still he shouldn‘t be feeling like this. Not about her, she was too young and he knew it, but he just couldn’t help but melt every time he looked at her. It wasn’t just lust, he was deeply in love with her. He felt more for her than anyone or anything he’d ever known.
But now, now was the time to let her know.
He heard the sound of the shower stop. Quickly he stood up and pulled a purple envelope from his jacket pocket and dropped it onto the bed. He silently slipped out of her room and disappeared down the hall.
***

She walked over to the bags on her bed to find something better to wear. A skimpy top wasn’t a good choice of clothing, especially in October. And a few questions would be asked due to he amount of her deadly skin showing. She took off the outfit she was wearing and chose something new to wear. As she pulled the dark blue jeans and a long sleeved black and purple striped top on, she noticed something. A purple envelope rested on her pillow. She frowned and reached out to pick it up. She carefully opened the purple paper and pulled out a card with purple flowers on and the words ‘happy birthday‘ written in silver writing on the front. hm… probably from Peter or Bobby she thought. Perhaps they’d left it here when she was out. She opened it to see if her suspicions were correct. She frowned at the message written inside.

Meet me outside
9pm
The cabin by the lake
X

Ok. Strange… She thought. She wasn’t keen on surprises. No name, and she didn’t recognize the hand writing. But then again, who ever wrote it could of easily changed their hand writing so she wouldn’t be able to tell who it was she was supposed to be meeting later. Bobby was her guess. He wasn’t happy when she broke up with him a few months ago, this was probably a lame attempt to win her back.
“Rogue, come on its dinner time!” Jubes called from outside, making her jump for the second time today.
“ok, just a sec” she called back. She left the card on her bed and picked up her black gloves from her desk, pulling them on as she made her way out.

***

The tables were rearranged so everyone was sitting at one long table together. Rogue in the middle with Jubes to her left and kitty to the right. Peter, Bobby and John sat opposite them. A little way down the table sat the professor, Scott, Jean and Ororo. The younger students were sitting at the far end of the table. It was strange to see everyone in the school all sitting at one table, strange in a nice way. Everyone had cheered when she entered the room making her blush a little. After a nice meal, a birthday cake with eighteen candles on top was bought out and everyone sang happy birthday. The professor needn’t of gone to so much trouble for her, but it was nice to feel like she actually belonged here, kind of like a family, a strange one, but still, a family.
“Aren’t you a little too old for a birthday cake?” John spat rudely from across the table.
“Shut it, Pyro” Kitty sneered back. Rogue just ignored him, it was the best thing to do. After everyone had a piece of chocolate cake, including John who’d just scoffed at the idea of it and most people got up from the table to leave, Bobby quickly looked at his watch “I er, have to go now. Happy birthday Rogue” he smiled as he stood up and swiftly exited the room. She looked at her own watch, a gift from Scott and Jean 8:30. I knew it! she thought smugly to herself.
After she reiceved a few gifts; a set of fancy jewel incrusted pens from Ororo, a book from Peter, CD from Kitty and the biggest box of chocolates she’d ever seen from Jubilee. Professor Xavier had given her a beautiful silver necklace with three diamonds encrusted into a beautiful sliver flower, it was nearly 9o’clock.
She made her way up to her room with all the gifts she’d received. She carefully placed them onto her desk. She glanced at the mysterious card still convinced it was Bobby who’d left it. After all he was acting a bit strange at dinner, and he left quickly when he realised the time. It had to be him. She sighed as she grabbed her black leather jacket from the bed. She might as well go tell him she wasn’t interested rather than let him stay outside all night while he waited for her to turn up.
She made her way outside into the cold night. It wasn’t this cold yesterday she remembered as she zipped her jacket up and stuffed her gloved hands into her pockets and made her way over to the lake.

***
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think :)