Although she was tired, the thoughts wouldn’t stop rushing through her head. After driving around aimlessly for a few hours trying to figure out what to do, she decided to head into the city to find a hotel for the night and then make up her mind in the morning.

She couldn’t go back to her parents house, she hadn’t spoke to them in years, they kicked her out after they found out she was a mutant, terrified that she would hurt them. She doubted any of her family would take her in now. The only place she had was the school. She didn’t want to go back there, she didn’t want to see him ever again. Maybe Jean meant that this would happen when she warned her that she’d have her heart broken. Maybe he’d been fucking Jean behind her back the whole time. How could he do this to her, use her the way he did? How could she be so stupid?

She lay curled up on the bed now, the tears had stopped, she just felt hollow and numb. She concentrated on the noises of the city coming to life, trying to take her mind off things, at least so she could attempt to sleep just for a while.

Three light knock hit the door to her room, she ignored them. Three more knocks came, this time they were louder. “Marie?” she heard his voice call from the other side of the door. She looked over at the door, still not moving from the bed. She took a deep breath, holding back the tears. Why did he bother coming after her?

“Marie, open up, I know you’re in there.” he called from the other side of the door. He waited a few seconds before calling out again. “Please Marie, just open the god damn door! I can explain! Marie!” Now he was shouting as he banged his fist on the door becoming impatient. He didn’t spend all night out looking for her just to let her ignore him when he finally found her. Just as he went to hit the door again, it opened.

She threw herself back down on the bed and buried her face into the pillow as he closed the door behind him. “Well?” she asked, waiting for his lame excuse.
“It’s not what it looked like” he began, sitting down on the edge of the bed.
“Oh, that’s so original Logan. Let me guess, she tripped and landed on your dick?” Rogue hissed, still not looking at him.
“Jesus christ, Marie! Just listen to me” he pleaded. “I didn’t do anything, you gotta believe me.”
“Then why the fuck was she in your room, in your bed?!” Rogue asked becoming annoyed that he was trying to lie to her.

She sat up to face him expecting to meet his usual angry glare he gave to people when they challenged him. She was slightly shocked by the expression of desperation on his face. He looked like he’d been dragged through a hedge backwards, eyes red and blurry. Maybe he too had been crying but she put it down to lack of sleep.
“I didn’t do anything” he said again, looking into her green eyes. “It’s her, she’s fuckin crazy, I couldn’t get her off me” he blurted out.
“It didn’t look like you were putting up much of a fight.” she said bluntly.
“I couldn’t move, she pinned me down!” he argued back “Hell, if that was a man doing that to a woman, it would be called attempted rape!”
Her eyes narrowed as she looked at him shaking her head “You’re sick, Logan” she said. She stood up and headed to the door, not wanting to hear his excuses any more.

He stared at her, mouth open, how could she not believe him? “Do you really think I’d lie about something like this?” He said as he rose to his feet and grabbed her hands squeezing them “If you don’t believe me, then see for yourself. Turn your skin on.”

She looked up at him slightly confused. Maybe he was telling the truth. Even if he had something to hide, he knew he wouldn’t be able to stop her from absorbing it. But then again, if he was lying and hoping he‘d be able to get away with it, she’d know and have the image of him and Jean inside her head forever. She stared at him for a few seconds and with out warning, turned her powers on.

He held onto her hands, fighting back the urge to pull away as the painful buzz started and the familiar dizzy feeling began to set in. After a few long seconds it stopped. She looked up at him “I’m so sorry Logan” she whispered and threw her arms around his neck.
He wrapped his arms around her and held her tight. He kissed the top on her head, running his fingers through her soft hair.

She saw everything that happened though Logan’s eyes. She knew he’d spent the evening in his room, thinking of her. She blushed at some of his thoughts which had now invaded her mind.
Then she saw him waking up, expecting to see her in his bed, but it was Jean. And she felt the same panic and anger that he did when she wouldn’t leave, wouldn’t let him move. The same despair he felt when the door opened and she saw him there, trapped under Jean.

“You have to tell the professor about this.” Rogue said looking up at him. He nodded “I mean it Logan, this is serious. You said it yourself, it it‘d been the other way around -”
“Yeah, I will,” he sighed, stroking her cheek. “But I think we both need to get some sleep first” he smiled softly.

***

The alarm clock buzzed as the red lights changed to read 11:30. Logan slowly opened his eyes, reaching out clumsily to hit the snooze button. He placed his hand behind his head and looked down at Marie, her head resting on his bare chest, her leg wrapped around his. He smiled at the peaceful, almost angelic look on her face as she slept.
“Hey darlin’, time to wake up” he said, stroking her shoulder gently. She sighed as she opened her eyes, her eyelashes brushing against his chest. They smiled at each other, neither of them wanting to move. She didn’t say anything as she got up and headed to the bathroom. Hearing the shower being turned on, Logan got up and headed to the bathroom too.

***

“I don’t see how that saved any time sugar, if anything it took longer.” Marie giggled as she pulled her seatbelt on.
Logan grinned over to her from the drivers seat “Well, you didn’t seem to mind at the time” he said smugly as he started the engine. She blushed slightly, slapping his arm playfully.
“Are you sure the bike will be ok back there?” she asked, looking out the rear window of the pickup truck.
“It ain’t going anywhere” Logan replied lighting his cigar. He’d used the rope and bungee cords that had been left in the back of the pickup to make sure the bike was secured. Of course he could of just driven it home, but he’d rather go in the pick up with Marie.

As they began to make their way through the busy streets, Marie pulled her iPod out of her jacket pocket and plugged it into the car stereo. “What the hell is this?” Logan asked as the music started. Maybe he should of gone back to the mansion on the bike after all.

***

He walked into the professors office without knocking, Marie following him. “Ah, Logan, I see you found Rogue safe and well” he smiled from behind his desk.
Before either of them could say anything, Marie stepped forward “Professor, there’s something Logan needs to tell you”