“Logan really have to go!”
Scott stopped dead in his tracks as he heard giggles and low mumbles coming from Logan’s room. He was still staring at the door when it opened and Rogue emerged, still giggling as Logan reluctantly let go of her hand. It must’ve been one hell of a lie they told the Professor after everyone had left last night.
“Hey Scott.” The smile on Logan’s face made Scott feel disgusted. Using a young impressionable girl the way he was and Professor Xavier letting him do it! As Rogue disappeared down the stairs, Scott stepped closer to the smug man leaning on the door frame.
“Just because you managed to fool the professor doesn’t mean you can fool me.” he snarled.
Logan casually ran his hand through his messy black locks. “Well I didn’t think it would be possible to trick a man who can read minds, but if you say so Scooter.” the cocky smile still on his face.
Scott didn’t reply, he just glared at the Canadian before continuing down the corridor.

***

Rogue made her way down to Professor Xavier’s class, the corridors were empty, all the students would be in their classes by now. She looked at her watch as she neared the door to his class, the door half way open. Nearly fifteen minutes late no thanks to Logan and his great idea of joining her in the shower.
She took a deep breath before entering the room “Sorry I’m late.” she said. All eyes fixed on her as she made her way to her seat, the test paper already on her desk. The Professor nodded and everyone turned back to their tests.


The next two and a half hours dragged on for what seemed like an eternity. Awkward glances were shot her way every now and then, but she ignored them. Like Logan had told her, it didn’t matter what anyone else thought.

Rogue quickly made her way back to her room, she needed to change her clothes since she didn’t have the chance to quickly run back to her room to change in the morning.
“What the hell happened last night?” Kitty asked as she and Jubilee caught up with their friend.
Rogue stopped and looked around awkwardly, “Just come to my room, I’ll tell you there” She didn’t feel like talking about it right there in the now busy corridor. The girls just followed her in silence and waited patiently in her room as she quickly changed in the bathroom.

“After what happened we came to see if you were alright, but you weren’t in your room, what‘s going on?” Kitty asked puzzled.
“What happened with Dr. Grey? Chica, people are saying that you were trying to kill her-”
Kitty just looked on eagerly waiting for Rogue to speak.
“Dr. Grey… she just said some really hurtful things to me…”
“About what?” Kitty urged her to go on.

“I wasn’t trying to kill her, it was the exact opposite of that! She started saying horrible things to me, about my mutation. Saying I’d never be able to touch him, so I showed her…” she held out her bare hands to her friends. Jubilee looked from Kitty to Rogue, she slowly reached out and gently placed her fingertips onto the palm of Rogue’s hand. Nothing. She squeezed Rogue’s hand and squealed with delight.
Kitty smiled and grabbed her other hand and smiled in amazement. “When did this happen?”

“A few months ago,” Rogue confessed. “I couldn’t believe it myself when it happened. I didn’t want to tell anyone until I was certain I could control it at all times.”

Her friends smiled and congratulated her. The look on Kitty’s face changed however when she suddenly realised what Rogue had said. “What do you mean, she said you’d never be able to touch him? Who?”
Rogue let her hands slip out of her friend‘s grasps and awkwardly slid them into her pockets. “Logan” she sighed as her eyes drifted to the floor.

“She must’ve heard the rumours too. She’s stupid to listen to those lies.” Kitty rolled her eyes, she didn’t think Dr. Grey would be one to listen to such things.

“They aren’t lies” Rogue said quickly and took a deep breath as her eyes met Kitty‘s. “ Was in Logan’s room that night. Jean saw me leave in the morning.”
Kitty shook her head gently, still slightly confused “So, you did have sex with him?” her eyes and mouth wide open in disbelief.

“It’s not like that. I love him. And he loves me.” Rogue smiled as she said this, such a relief to finally say what she had been dying to say out loud for years. It was as if a weight had been lifted from her shoulders.

Jube’s looked over at Kitty “Told ya!“ she said smugly and flashed her a grin. Rogue looked at her friends, they’d guessed?
“Roguey, it was so obvious! First I thought it was Bobby you were getting all googley-eyed over. But then I realised, the moment he got back, you were acting all weird. And not to mention the way he’s been acting around you. He’s almost always hanging around near you, looking at you all the time, smiling. I mean, used to look at you before, but now when he looks at you it‘s different, happy not longing. And Kitty-cat here didn’t believe me!”
Rogue laughed and blushed a little, had they really been so obvious?

“So when did you tell him?” Jubilee asked excited as she sat down on Rogue‘s bed. She always liked to talk about boys, or men in this case. Rogue raised an eyebrow as she too sat down.
“That you love him, silly!” she laughed “Come on, tell us all the things I know you’re dying to say.”

“You don’t, think it’s…wrong?” she asked, thinking about how Scott had looked at her and Logan that morning.
“The only thing that is wrong about it is you haven’t told me or Kitty anything about it!”
“Yeah but Scott said that we shouldn’t be allowed to-”
“Oh who cares what Mr. Summers thinks! You’re eighteen now and it’s not like Logan is a proper teacher at the school, he just helps with training. Come on, when?” Kitty said getting back Jubilee’s question as she sat on the computer chair and wheeled closer to her friends.

Rogue smiled at her impatient friends “On my birthday. You remember I said I went out for a walk, well…I didn’t. There was a note on my bed saying to go to the cabin, I thought it was from Bobby…”

“And?”
“What happened when you got there?”

Rogue hesitated. She wasn‘t one to tell people about personal matters, but then again, they were her best friends. “There were candles everywhere, a log fire burning-”

“Candles? Never though Wolvie could be romantic!” Jubilee giggled at the thought “Anyway?”

“Then he was there. And I told him that I could control my mutation and that I wanted him to be the first to know. And he said he had something to tell me too. I thought he was going to say he was leaving for good but he…said he loved me.” she smiled as her gaze drifted off dreamily at that memory.

“And let me guess, after that he made wild passionate love to you all night long!” Jubilee said as she tossed her head around to try and illustrate what she was saying in case she hadn’t said it quite loud enough.

Rogue just laughed but the redness of her cheeks confirmed that Jubilee had said was correct.
“I must admit it Rogue, I am a little jealous, Wolvie is hot!” Rogue raised her eyebrows at Jubilee’s confession.“ But I wouldn‘t be able to put up with that temper of his” she continued

“He’s not always in a bad mood, you just have to get to know him, that’s all” Rogue told her friend. She knew Logan found Jubilee annoying with her constant talking, but she didn’t want to tell her that, Jubilee had probably sussed that one out for herself anyway.

They talked about Logan for a while, but Rogue didn’t tell them every detail, there were things were private between her and Logan. Once Jubilee and Kitty had managed to get as much information out of Rogue as they could, the conversation turned to Kitty’s date with Peter. After another debate on what Kitty should wear, Jubilee decided that the only thing to do was go and buy a whole new outfit and they didn’t have any more lessons that day, so they headed out to town in Kitty’s car.

***