Storm closed the door behind them as they arrived at the professor’s office. Scott wrapped his arms around Jean who was shaking. Logan stood with Rogue, still a little annoyed at her. What she did was foolish, but there was nothing he could do about it now.
“Now what seems to be the problem?” asked the professor, calm as always.
“She nearly killed me! That’s what happened!” Jean shrieked, pointing a shaking finger at Rogue. Rogue just about managed to stop the scream that was ready to burst from her lips.
“Now, I’m sure that’s not what has happened. Rogue?” The professor, turned to her waiting for her version of events.
“She asked for it” Is all she managed to say, her voice shaking in anger and worry.
“I didn’t do anything!” the older woman spat back. The professor held his hand up to signal them to be quiet, which they did.
“Rogue, you’re going to have to tell the truth, whatever it may be.” he said his voice kind and reassuring.

Rogue looked up at Logan, who bowed his head slightly, letting her know it was ok for her to carry on. What choice did he have? There was no other way of explaining what had just happened. He just hoped the professor would be understanding of their situation.
“I wasn’t trying to kill her” Rogue her eyes darting to Storm, Scott, Jean and the Professor “She gave me no other choice. The things she said because she's jealous, I just wanted to shut her up, prove her wrong!” she was getting angry again now.

“What I’m trying to say is…” her voice trailed off and she turned again to look at Logan for help. Her eyes dropped down to the floor, up to the professor and back to the man next to her. “It’s true. Me and Logan…” she lowered her head again as the words sank into everyone in the room. Storm sat there eyes wide, Scott looked at Logan disgusted.
“She started saying all these things, nasty lies about Logan. She said I'd never be able to get close to him because of my mutation anyway. So I put my hands on her face and showed her!” her voice becoming louder.

“Rogue, please calm down, we won’t get anywhere by shouting” The professor’s voice was firm but gentle. “Is this true, Jean?” he turned to her, she’d stopped shaking now.
“Professor I -”
“Jean, I am only asking you to tell me, yes or no?” the gentle side of his voice had all but gone now as he began to lose patience with the woman.
“I was trying to save her feelings, he’ll only break her heart!”

Logan tilted his head towards the accusing woman. “You don’t know the first thing about either of us” he growled. Rogue looked up at him, tears filling her eyes. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. As she buried her face into his chest She let out a small sob, unable to hold back her tears any longer. Everyone standing there, staring at her and Logan, what they must thought.
Logan held her tight, stroking her hair gently “Hey, come on Marie, it’s ok” he whispered to her, trying to calm her down.

“This is bullshit!” Scott hissed “You can’t say you believe this, Professor.”
“You can leave now” The Professor said turning to the three onlookers.

Ororo looked on sympathetically, it was painfully obvious to her that Logan’s feelings for the girl were real, she’d never seen him like that with anyone before. She always knew he had a soft spot for Rogue, she just never realised how deep it was.

“Please, sit.” the Professor smiled gesturing to the leather couch as the door clicked shut. Logan stepped back and sat down his arms still cradling Rogue as she sat next to him, her tears beginning to subside.
The professor sighed and gently shook his head. After a few seconds of awkward silence he spoke. “Rogue, I knew long ago of your feelings for Logan. And I have noticed how over protective you are of Rogue, Logan.” he paused for a second “I don’t doubt your feelings for each other. I had a feeling this would happen one day, although I was hoping it would be after Rogue had graduated… I’ve been think about this and have come to the conclusion that it’d be unfair to make either of you leave the institute. I know in most normal schools this would be highly frowned upon, but this is hardly a normal school.” he smiled when he saw the expression of disbelief on Rogue’s face. Logan too looked rather shocked at the professor’s decision.
“But what if one of the parent’s find out?” Rogue asked.
“Near enough all of the student’s here are runaways so I don’t think we’ll have any problems there. All I ask is that you keep your public displays of affection to a minimum.”
“Thank you Professor” Rogue smiled as she and Logan left his office.

As they got to the second floor where Rogue’s room was, Logan still held onto her hand as he continued up to his own room. He looked back at her “What? He didn’t say you weren‘t allowed in my room” he grinned.