Author's Chapter Notes:
And here's a knock down for you, my wonderful Rogan audience who really shouldn't kill me yet...I promise!
Rogue let herself relax into the unfamiliar pillows. She knew that Scott had burned all of his bedding when they left. He didn't say anything, but she saw him carrying a bundle of sheets out to the large outdoor fire pit, saw the bonfire he created that night. The comforter was new, too. She wondered idly what he had done with the old one as she traced the silver and black design. Nice contrast, something he could see easily despite the glasses, almost the opposite of the elaborate paisley monster Jean had preferred. Everywhere she looked in the room she had visited occasionally as a student needing Jean's advice, she saw the absence of the other woman's touch. He did a really good job cleaning her out of his life, much better than Rogue would have thought him capable of.

She turned when she felt his fingers running along her shoulder, skimming her collarbone lightly. He was watching her, a small frown marring his forehead. She reached up and brushed his hair away, ran her own fingers through it softly.

“Don't be upset with me,” she whispered.

“Why didn't you tell me?” Scott asked, catching her hand and placing a kiss on her palm.

Rogue gave him a little smile, all she could muster when it came to this topic. “Ah didn't want you to shy away. Logan never even tried, you know. It was all just touches and flirtations.” She wanted to be bitter. Somewhere deep down, she was, but this wasn't the time for bitter. She felt strangely peaceful. Content.

“I'm sorry.” Scott didn't know what to say beyond that. He stared at the woman in his bed, once a student, now a friend, the closest one he had. They had made it through Hell and back together, picking up the pieces of their lives, the futures they thought they were going to get.

“It's over now. Ah'm just glad to have you tonight,” Rogue told him honestly. She let her smile grow some. “It was highly educational.”

Scott groaned and buried his face into her shoulder. She laughed and resumed skimming her fingers through his hair. It was so soft and silky, even nicer than her own. This was so good, being able to touch him like this. It almost made up for...past disappointments. But she pushed that away. Not here, not now with him. He didn't deserve that.

“Do you want me to go back to my room?” she asked him, suddenly a little unsure.

His arm tightened around her in response. “Not unless you want to.”

Rogue shook her head. “Ah don't.” They were quiet for a few minutes, laying there listening to each other breathe. It was so calm, so soothing. She needed to be soothed.

On the edge of sleep, Rogue sighed deeply. “You know, Ah should probably at least go wash this make-up off,” she told Scott, snuggling into him because she really didn't want to move.

Scott chuckled. “Well, we could always shower,” he suggested softly.

Rogue smiled at him. “Ah'd like that, Ah think,” she told him. Once she was on her feet, and especially since he was still trying to untangle himself from the blankets, she added, “After all, it should be a good lesson, right?” She giggled as he chased her into the bathroom.

They washed, eventually. First Scott taught her that hot water running down her skin and a hot mouth lavishing kisses onto shoulder, breasts, stomach were two completely different sensations. He taught her the way that hands slick with water felt when they cupped her breasts, rolled her nipples even as his mouth claimed hers for another of those wild kisses that still surprised her a little. Then he taught her that the easiest way for him to slide inside of her while they were standing there, water pulsing down on them, was for her to be pressed forward against the warm tile while his arms cradled her, his hips thrusting against her backside and his thighs supporting hers.

She was standing there, still shuddering from her orgasm and his, when she realized that she could really do this. It was so easy, so simple and pure, despite what others might think, to let herself be held in Scott's arms, to forget everything except that her friend was there for her in every possible way. She turned, letting him slide out of her, then threw her arms around him, offering him that comfort, too, that shelter against the world that he was becoming for her.

They made it back to the bed after helping each other dry off. Rogue insisted sleeping with a sheet between them, “Just in case, Scott. Ah'm not sure my control lasts while Ah sleep, and Ah didn't bring a nightgown or anything.” So Scott rummaged through his drawers until he found a long-sleeved pajama top that wouldn't be too big for her with the cuffs rolled up, insisting that she wear at least that so that he could hold her in his arms. And they both slept through the night for the first time in three months.
Chapter End Notes:
The really, really scary part is, I kind of enjoyed writing this. I must be sick.