[Reviews - 9] Printer
After the events of X3, people cope, and don’t cope; heal, and don’t heal; help each other, and don’t help each other. (UPDATE: I've divided this monster into two parts.)
Categories: X3, AU
Characters: None
Genres: Dark
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2
Word count: 12231 - Hits: 6854
Complete?: Yes - Published: 06/09/2010 - Last Updated: 06/14/2010
Story Notes:
I deeply disliked X3, which is why I am forcing myself to write from it. I was almost going to call this story “Masochism Tango,” until I discovered there was a satirical song by that name, which actually turned out to be quite good.

Warning for deliberate violence/torture.

Also partially AU, as the story elides some of the final events of X3. Therefore: Hank is not made U.N. ambassador, the cure is not shown to be temporary, and Xavier is not implied to be alive.

More outrageous liberties taken with the extent of Logan’s healing factor and Rogue’s absorption (more powers/recent thoughts, rather than personality/consciousness). As well as the implied character histories of both Gambit and Carol Danvers. As well as with the city of Danbury.

The Blanchot quotes scattered throughout this story all come from Maurice Blanchot’s The Writing of the Disaster. The Weil quotes scattered throughout this story all come from Simone Weil’s Gravity and Grace. The sources of other quotes are given when cited.

Finally, in the interest of a reading playlist, I strongly suggest: Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, “Our Hell,” “The Last Page,” and especially "Winning." From the very aptly titled album, Knives Don’t Have Your Back.

Well, while we're at it:
Metric: "Monster Hospital (MSTRKRFT remix)"
Mt. Eden Dubstep: "Sierra Leone"
RJD2: "Smoke and Mirrors"
Drake ft. Jay-Z: "Light Up"
Sebastien Tellier: "L'Amour et la Violence"
Blur: "Caravan"

1. ONE by Acse [Reviews - 7] star star star star star (5377 words)

2. TWO by Acse [Reviews - 2] star star star star star (6854 words)