[Reviews - 18] Printer
As the cure wears off, Rogue leaves for San Francisco, and after a series of unexpected encounters with a certain mutant in a similar situation, learns a little something about grief, vulnerability, loss—and the things beyond romance. (UPDATE: I've now divided this monster into three parts.)
Categories: X3
Characters: None
Genres: None
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3
Word count: 19723 - Hits: 12642
Complete?: Yes - Published: 06/04/2010 - Last Updated: 06/14/2010
Story Notes:
This is a variation on the classic 'one of them runs away' trope within this fandom. I deeply disliked X3, which is why I forced myself to write from it.

Wild, outrageous liberties have been taken with Logan’s history, Magneto’s history, as well as his history with Xavier. Similar liberties have been taken with the timeline of the movieverse; according to this story, from the first movie to the third, three years have elapsed.

The quote that precedes this story is from Judith Butler’s essay, “Violence, Mourning, Politics.” The band Passion Pit is mentioned in passing; the song “Let Your Love Grow Tall” was mostly the background music to the story’s writing.

1. San Francisco, or In Praise of Mourning: ONE by Acse [Reviews - 10] star star star star half star (7709 words)

2. San Francisco, or In Praise of Mourning: TWO by Acse [Reviews - 1] (4827 words)

3. San Francisco, or In Praise of Mourning: THREE by Acse [Reviews - 7] star star star star star (7187 words)