The clock brings no good news when you’re waiting for time to pass. So by the time that Logan woke up, I had already left. After convincing four nurses and two doctors to check on him, they all assured me the same thing. He’d be fine. And they’re right. Logan is always fine. He heals. But it still amazes me what advanced durability cannot cure, mend or repair. I was like Logan now. I was fine, on the outside.

Sitting in the kitchen, drinking a beer I glanced out the window when I saw Remy walk in. I didn’t want to listen to him right now. I didn’t want to hear him tell me what was wrong with Logan and what was right about him. So when he sat down with his black coffee in front of me, I kept my gaze sternly away from his.

“Don’ be like dat chere,” he murmured slowly, before taking a glance out the window himself. I kept my mouth shut as he continued. “I tell you before, I know de truth ‘bout you an wolvie.” He took a sip of his coffee, and I could imagine how it tasted. Course and bitter. “You don’ give me de credit of observance. An’ I see de way you act.”

I made the mistake of letting my gaze flicker to his for a brief moment, and I scanned his face. His eyes were sad despite the appearance of being strong. The skin against his cheekbones was slightly bruised, and a few cuts were noticeable around his face. Logan had no evidence of the fight, Remy however had to wear it.

I took a deep breath. “You want me to admit it?” I said slowly.

The corners of his lips lifted only slightly, like that would please him. But I knew what was really going on. The truth would hurt him far more than my denial. But Remy wants to know even the worst information. “To yourself first.” He clarified. “I don’ need to say I told you so.”

“How would that help anything?” I demanded, feeling Logan’s anger course through my words. I couldn’t help it.

I heard him exhale and he leaned into me, setting his elbows on the table and shifting his gaze away from mine. He stayed like that for a long while before looking up at me again. His black eyes with red tint flickered darkly but he reached out to take my hand. Out of reflex, I wanted to pull away, but somehow our hands were intertwined before I could.

“When you love someone chere,” He began slowly, taking his time with his words and trying to keep a steady voice. “You want dem to be happy,” I tried to pull my hand away from his, but he held it tighter, and forced me to look directly into his eyes as he spoke. “No matter what de cost.”

My stare fell to the table as I tried to keep my voice stern. “Will you be okay?” I asked finally.
He snorted, squeezing my hand for just a moment before letting them go. “Remy be jus’ fine chere.” He assured me easily, though I wasn’t convinced. He smiled at me, that rough smile of a thief. “Nothin’ a kiss couldn’t fix no?” I rolled my eyes at him and stood up, before leaning in and kissing him gently on the forehead.

“Thanks Cajun.” I murmured into his hair before I grabbed my beer and started to walk out the door. At the entrance I leaned against the doorframe and I was vaguely aware that this was something Logan would do. I chugged my beer. “You’re right. I love him.” I tossed my empty at him and he caught it easily. “Recycle that, would you?”

*

{Don’t do it.} Logan’s voice growled at me as I looked around the mansions garage at the collection of motorcycles he had here. This one was a pretty nice Harley. In the back of my mind he was explain all the mumbo jumbo about it. He kept going on about the four-cycle gasoline engine and the number of cylinders, the piston displacement and on and on. He was saying something about the air cooled engine when I interrupted him.

“Yeah.” I muttered “But is it fast?”
I heard him growl, and grabbed the keys.

I wandered into a bar a fair distance away, taking my time as I walked in. The sound of people cheering a yelling at the fighters in a cage reminded me of something. I slowly, approached the cage, just in time to see a fighter get knocked down. Granted it wasn’t my favourite fighter who had put him there.

I listened to the announcer, trying to rile up the crowd enough to make someone volunteer. I looked around, everyone remained silence. I glanced at the fighter in the cage. He was tall, muscular, wearing a tight black t-shirt and cargo pants. He had a couple bruises on his face but nothing serious. I clenched my teeth against the words rising up my throat. No, I wouldn’t do this. Would I?

I pulled my hair into a pony tail, letting my white bangs fall out. The announcer was yelling now. Finally I yelled. “I’ll fight him.” The crowd fell soft except for a series of mumbles and quiet objections. I walked around to the entrance of the cage, with everyone watching me.

The guy in the cage laughed. “I can’t fight a girl man,” He chuckled.
“Don’t worry sugah,” I told him as I pulled off my jacket. “I’ll be easy on you.” I glanced down to make sure my bandage wasn’t showing before I remembered it was gone. I glanced over to the announcer who was staring at me dumbfounded.

“Come on, isn’t there some rule against this?” He muttered to the announcer.
He shook his head slowly. “It’s up to both fighter’s discretion Todd.”
I glanced over at ‘Todd’ and smiled, as girly as I could. “I’m just here for a little fun.”

He grinned at me. “Don’t be afraid to tap out kid.”
My heart clenched, and I knew the danger that flushed through my face. “Don’t call me that.”

He raised his fists in a defensive position, a gesture for me to take the first shot. I snickered to myself, as I let Logan take over.