Jean was a part of me I always tried my best to hide. I didn’t want it, and I had been able to mostly suppress it with methods the professor had given me to suppress my own abilities. But Jean was strong and I did catch glimpses of minds I wasn’t supposed to see. The telepathy was another matter. I had no control of that, not that it surfaced often. But when it did, no one would think of me. Without a telepath in the mansion it was difficult for the now in charge Storm to determine a common factor.

When I was finally in my room pulling off my shirt I remembered a glimpse of Logan pulling off his. I nearly smiled, but stopped myself as my hand suddenly felt sticky. Without thinking I pressed it to my stomach, intending on taking a shower later to wash off all the dirt and grime. I had just about collapsed on my bed before I happened to look at my hand. Blood?

I was confused. Must be Logan’s. I walked a bit too calmly to the bathroom and looked at myself. My face had scuffs of dirt on my cheeks, nose and forehead, while my hair was in a tangled pony tail. But I realized as I glanced down to my stomach, that there was blood all over me that had been concealed by my black tank top. I gasped as I looked at the gash extending over my skin. I hadn’t even realized how much my hands were shaking; covered in blood.

I sucked in a ragged breath to stop myself from screaming. Just a cut. Just a cut. I washed off my hands and grabbed my plaid housecoat , sneaking into the hallway. Just make it to the med-bay. It’ll be fine. But I now felt dizzy. Nauseous. Why hadn’t I noticed this before? No need to attract attention. I swayed as I walked, unaware of the motion.

My arms were wrapped around myself as I heard his voice. “Kid?” then again, closer but somehow more quiet. “Kid, are you alright?” I saw his face, staring down at me in concern, and then I blacked out.

*

No sound. No silence. There was only the indescribable faint buzzing the back of my mind, and the gentle hum of the people talking around me. “How did you let dis’ happen?” the thick Cajun accent demanded.

“There’s no need to rush to conclusions Remy.” I heard Storm’s authority cut through like a knife. “Rogue is not weak, and does not always need his protection.”

“Dis’ proves otherwise, no?” Gambit muttered darkly.
“Shut up mop top,” Someone growled. The last person I wanted to be here and the first. He was closer than the others. “before I make you.”

“Logan, she’s going to be fine. You haven’t had a solid meal in days, go get some food and come back.” Storm suggested gently.

“I know another way she’ll be fine.” He mumbled in a deep rumbled growl.
“That’s counterproductive.” Storm pointed out.
“I don’t give a shit.” Logan muttered. “This is my fault. I smelled blood on the Jet, I didn’t put it together.”
“We all had a long day, you can’t blame this on yourself.” Storm soothed, but he didn’t answer.

I opened my mouth to say it was no big deal but ended up coughing instead. “Rogue” I heard storm say and put a glass of water in front of me with a straw. I lifted my arm to take it, I felt weak, but I wanted to show that it didn’t matter. I took a drink. “How long have I been out?”

“Two days.” Storm answered. I looked at her and was glad that she wasn’t glaring at me anymore. I wonder if she has a thing for Logan.
I looked over at Logan. “And how long have you been here?”

“He hasn’t left.” Remy muttered annoyed.
Logan was staring at me, like he was trying to force a smile. There was a look in his eyes that was tortured. “You collapsed right in front of me.”

“Sorry.” I muttered. I was vaguely aware that Remy and Storm left.
“For?”
I took a deep breath, and stuttered as I spoke. “Falling in front of you.” And falling for you.
He shrugged, looking a bit less tense now.

“I guess now I know how it feels.”
Chapter End Notes:
Please comment on this one, I'm a bit unsure. So let me know what you thought.