I was frozen. Horrified. Unable to think for a moment of what to do. I just stared down the cliff at Logan’s unmoved body. It just laid there, in a twisted position, his arm bents slightly under his body and his leg positioned awkwardly, the wrong way. My breathing was shallow. I was panicking I knew that. I glanced around desperately. I need to get down there. I need to get down there.

Thoughts filled my mind. The panicked thoughts of the ghost powers I had taken. There was only one that ripped through the others, louder with purpose. It was a thick German accent and without thinking I grasped onto that voice, that power, ran and jumped off the cliff.

The adrenaline forced my body to react and I went from two stories above the waiting ground, to just a meter above it. I fell, tumbling over myself, tripping and stirring up sand and dust. Although I had been certain that I had nothing left of Kurt’s power, I had somehow managed to harness enough to get me down here. I had no idea how.

My heart was pounding loudly, in my ears, I couldn’t hear anything but my own loud pulse. I glanced to my left and saw Logan still laying there. “Logan!” I shrieked, my voice hoarse and part whisper. It didn’t sound like my own.

I crawled over to him frantically and gently pulled his arm out from under him, and then put his leg back into a more normal position. “Please wake up Logan, please.” I pleaded close to tears. His eyes remained closed. I set my hands on the sides of his face and stared down at him. “Logan,” I whimpered before I leaned over him, setting my head on his chest as I wrapped my arms around him. “Please.” I whispered, feeling the tears streak down my face now.

Then I heard a groan, and my head snapped up to look at his face. He coughed and groaned again. “Fuck that hurt.” He said, his voice matter of fact as though he was talking about playing scrabble. I breathed for the first time in what felt like forever as he turned to look at me. His expression was so shocked at seeing me I realized I must have looked a lot worse than I thought. “Hey,” He murmured, his voice kinder now. “Healing factor. It’s not new.” He was trying to make a joke out of it, but a sob escaped my lips.

His arms were around me in a second, and we stayed like that for a moment, before I felt him lift my chin up with just one finger to look at him. With his thumbs he wiped away my tears. “It’s okay.” He murmured to me softly. I took in a deep shuddered breath and made myself calm down. “Are you alright?” I had intended my voice to sound calm and firm. It came out in a broken mumble.

He didn’t break my gaze, just stared into my eyes full of concern, and he nodded. “I’m fine.” He assured me. “Good as new.” I forced myself to nod, and dragged myself to my feet. He stood up as well, still staring at me.

“Good.” I said, my voice steadier now. I looked down at myself and realized I was completely covered in dirt and dust. My face and hair must be just as bad. I looked over at the Jeep and started to walk towards it, but I was dizzy, and I nearly fell down with the first step.

Suddenly Logan was beside me, and he had my arm. “Why don’t you take a moment to calm down huh?” He suggested, but I could see he was still consumed in his thoughts. I nodded, and he helped me over to a shady tree. I sat down, and he walked over to the car, grabbing two bottles of water before joining me.

I took a long gulp. I felt sick to my stomach now. Calming down was out of the question. I sat in silence for a while, unable to think. I was just, completely out of it. Finally, Logan spoke.

“Wow.” He murmured.
“Wow what.”
“All this time, I thought you didn’t give a shit.” He chuckled “But it’s the opposite, isn’t it?” His voice didn’t make it sound like a question. Almost a statement. But he was right. He was definitely right. I’m the biggest hypocrite around. But I won’t say it. I can’t tell him. I could never say it out loud.
Chapter End Notes:
God. I still feel sick from this chapter. I was freaking out when I wrote it. Anyways, as always. I love comments. Let me know what you thought.