Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry this took me so long guys. I've had a lot going on.
LOGAN

I had followed her scent through the mansion before it led to the garage. I don’t know what I expected to find there. Perhaps her, sitting there as upset as she had been looking before, trying to make herself feel better. I knew her usual routine. She’d find a quiet place and listen to sad songs when she was upset. She was the type that pretended she wanted to be alone, out of a desperate need to make the vulnerable side of her go away. She was afraid of needing anyone.

Instead her scent lingered in the garage, but she was gone, and so was my favourite Harley. I realized in that moment, that she hadn’t done what she usually did when she was upset because of me. She was out doing what I’d do when I’m angry.

“Shit.” I muttered under my breath as I grabbed the keys to my truck. She was going to be riding back with me. Stupid, reckless, idiotic girl.

I had rushed into the bar I saw my Harley parked outside of. Rushed because I was worried. Rushed because I was certain that damn girl was getting into a shitload of trouble in my part of town. When I walked in to the too loud room that smelled like beer and sweat I was prepared to beat the shit out of someone if they had touched her.

Inside the cage was some guy, and across the ring from him was Rogue. She had done a number on his face. The look in her eyes was that dark look of determination. Her hair tied back in that adorably messy way she does when she’s not looking in a mirror. She was wearing her dark blue jeans that had been cuffed up to just below her knees, and a black v-neck t-shirt.

I realized with a moment of sudden shock that this was the way we had met. But the tables had been turned. I suppose a lot can change. I had been close to running up and getting between the two when I saw him raise his fist to her. But she had dodged under his arm, elbowed his stomach and then spun around and punched him in the face. Just like that, he was down.

I went and got a drink.

*

ROGUE

I was sitting at the bar and had just chugged a beer when some guy walked up behind me. I could smell the liquor on his breath as he spoke. “That there was some good fighting girly.” I turned around to look at him on my bar stool with my beer. “Where’d a girl like you learn to fight like that?”

“A friend of mine.” I answered him as I met his gaze for the first time. He was rough looking, scruff on his face from not shaving and he was wearing a T-shirt that was dirty from a day of construction work. I couldn’t tell what colour it was supposed to be.
He sat down next to me and I avoided looking him in the eyes. I didn’t like the way he was looking at me. A dark sense of pleasure lurked in his eyes as he looked me up and down. “I like strong girls.” He murmured under his breath. “I’m Jack.”

I nodded slightly and ordered another beer when the bartender came around. The guy next to me said “Make that two, hers is on me.”

I shook my head. “No hers is on her.” I interrupted.
“What, you think you’re too good for me?” He teased, but I could hear the danger in his voice.

“No, not at all.” I called the bartender. “Never mind about that beer.”
Jack raised an eyebrow as he pushed a bill across the bar and followed me as I walked out the door. I turned around as soon as I was outside to confront him out of annoyance but he was closer than I thought. He was standing there just a few inches from my face. “Come on girly, have a little fun.”

“Just leave me alone.” I growled. “Before I make you.”
“Using those moves your friend taught you?” He laughed, amused and his eyes stared into mine as he reached around for something that had been tucked into the back of his pants. When his hand returned, he had a gun. He showed it to me, his voice now calm as though he had the upper hand. I kept my eyes on it, as he spoke. “Now let me tell you how this is going to go.”

He had started to walk towards me, but suddenly out of nowhere something hit him. I heard the familiar sound of a metal cling and before I knew it he was being held against the wall. Jack’s face was between Logan’s outer two claws, and slowly the third claw emerged. “No I’ll tell you how it’s gonna go bub.” He snarled, his voice a tone I’d never heard.

Jack’s voice was shaky. “Who the hell are you?!” He sputtered anxiously.
Logan’s claws shot back into his fist as a gruff noise sounded from his chest. “I’m the friend.” Then he punched him in the face with an adamantium fist.

He let go of Jack’s body as it sagged to the floor and he slowly turned around. I glared at him fiercely. “I could have handled that Logan.” I muttered angrily.

“I know.” He admitted, his voice slightly calmer now. “But I wanted to hit at least one fuck who tried to hurt you.”

I felt my face flush and I folded my arms across my chest glancing down. “Thanks.” I murmured. “Asshole.” I thought to myself. The wolverine in my head chuckled loudly.

He gestured to his truck, where I noticed the bike had already been put in the back of. I sighed and walked around to the passenger side and got in. As he pulled out of the lot I saw him smile. “What?” I demanded. Logan shrugged before the wolverine in my head laughed. {Drunk enough to fuck again?} I felt a glare shift across my face.

I don’t need to be drunk to sleep with Logan.
{You just need to be able to blame it on the booze. Worried about getting hurt bub?}

My teeth clenched and a felt the anger and frustration fly through me.

“Shut up.” I hissed angrily.
“What?” Logan said surprised.
“Oh!” I gasped. “Sorry. Talking to... myself.”

The wolverine in my head howled with laughter.

Logan rolled his eyes and pulled over. For the first time I realized we were on a completely quiet road and it was dark out. Not a soul in sight. He glanced over at me, his gaze hard. “Look, we’ve got to talk.”

I stayed silent. It was the safest thing to do.
“I’m sorry to say this,” he murmured slowly. “But I... regret what happened that night on your birthday.” Pain shot through me like a bullet. I nodded slowly. Now I wanted to go home. Desperately. He glanced away a moment, before looking back at me. “I should have had more self control.”

I glanced out the window and sucked in a deep breath as I looked at the pitch black night sky. “I know.” I whispered.

He sighed. “I’m sorry. You should have known this a long time ago.”
“You want to stay friends.” I murmured, surprised my voice was so calm. “It’s okay. I get it.”

He was silent a moment. “... What?” I glanced up at him, and I practically saw the light bulb go off in his head. He smiled and shook his head to himself, before he slowly, adjusted his seat and leaned over to take my face in his hands and kiss me.

It was a different kind of kiss. It was the kind of kiss that felt like there was no boundaries. He smiled against my lips and he pulled back, chuckled, still holding my face in his hands. He stared into my eyes. “I want to stay friends.” He murmured amused. “But I don’t want to stay... just... friends.” He laughed and kissed me again.

I stared at him dumbfounded, my heart beating a thousand times a second. “I'm in love with you.” He whispered to me gently. He took my hand. "I love you."

I opened my mouth, my words not coming out as I stared into those smouldering eyes of his.

And I smiled. That natural smile. A unstoppable smile that spreads across your face with no reason. It was the kind of smile that only he could make me do.

“I love you more.”
And he kissed me again.
Chapter End Notes:
Comment!