Story Notes:
Wow I've been gone for awhile it's good to be back.
Author's Chapter Notes:
OK I know I have stories I should be updating and they will get done this was going to be a one-shot but Wendie started me thinking about other chapters that could be written. It's up to all of you tell me if you want more or not.
I've been gone for awhile with family problems and writers block.
Thanks to Wendie for the beta it would be unreadable if not for her.
Please read and review I tend to crave them.
Seeing Jean Grey in her kitchen helping herself to coffee was not the way Marie wanted her afernoon to start. She reminded herself that when Logan came back five years ago, he'd come back for her and not the red-head, but still she had some jealousy issues.

"Jean. This is a surprise," she said busying herself making her own cup of coffee.

"You need to Lleave Logan. Your ruining his life." Jean said bluntly

Even though Marie always --always-- had the same nagging thought, she'd be damned if she was going to give Jean the saisfaction of showing it.

"Get the hell out of my house."

Jean just carried on like she hadn't spoken.

"I heard Logan talking to the professor about adoption. He's a feral and carrying on his blood-line is an in built instinct. Because of you, he is being made to resort to something wrong and unnatural for him. If you love him, let him be with someone who can be a real woman for him."

Marie couldn't move, couldn't talk. The pain in her was too great. Hearing Jean go out the door she sank to te floor sobbing. She always knew somehow she wouldn't be ble to keep the man she loved so much.

xxXxx

Logan ad dismiss his class early. He knew he'd catch hell from Scott tomorrow, but it didn't matter. Somthing was wrong; he just knew it. He had to get to Marie.

Searching their little house, he found her in the bedroom packing a suitcase. He felt his heart sink.

"You runnin' agan, kid!" His voice hoarse with emotion.

"I have to go. You deserve more than me, more than I can give you."

"Then tell me to mt face," he replied, anger creeping into his voice.

When she turned to him, he saw the tears running down er face. He didn't think twice about going to her. He just pulled her into his arms.

"Tell me where this is coming from, baby."

"Jean came to see me to day and told me abt how you'd been talking to Charles about adoption. You should be with someone who can give you children. A real woman, who can touch."

One thought flashed through Logan's mind 'THE BITCH IS DEAD'.

But out loud he said, "Darlin', it's about Emily I want her to be ours for keeps."

Even with his heart breaking for his mate, he could almost smile about the six-year-old he'd saved on a solo mission. She'd climbed on his lap and asked if he was her new daddy now. Marie had immediately fallen under her spell, too, and since then Emily Had stubbornly refussed to spend her nights at the mansion, she was now living with them.

"Oh!" Marie exclaimed, pulling away abit to look at him.

"She's ours, and so I talked to the professor about making it offcal. It'll take awhile, but she'll be our little girl forever."

Logan tilted her head so she was forced to look straight into his eyes.

"All I ever want is you, Marie. I know it's hard for you, baby, but when you feel like this talk to me. I you ever left me I'd be lost. I love you," his voice cracking.

"I love you, too."

Things weren't perfect; they never are in life. But they were a family. Soon their little girl would be home from School to find both her parents waiting for her.

And that was close enough to perfect for all of them.
Chapter End Notes:
When Emily asks 'are you going to be my new daddy now', comes straight fom my mothers life she was adopted. The first day she met my nan she placed her hand on nan's face and asked are you going to be my new mummy now. That has always moved me so I wanted to use that in this story.
This is what comes os watching Anne of Gree Gables even if Logan is the anti-Matthew.