Author's Chapter Notes:
Note on the UST: This, to me, means Rogue & Logan UST, NOT UST involving Rogue and my made up character. Just so you know.
A pair of tiny satin panties with pink hearts held together by little pink bows. A matching bra that shaped her just right, also held together in the front by one of those pink bows. Over top, a slinky black sleeveless top, jeans that might have been painted on, and polished black knee high leather boots. Hair pulled up in a pony tail, but not a normal one, oh no. Tendrils curled lovingly, brushing her cheeks and necks while the heavy weight of the thick mane spread warmth down her mostly bare back. Light make up, a little dark around the eyes to add emphasis. Chunky silver necklace, earrings and bracelet completed the look.

Looking in the mirror, Rogue smirked. Damn, she was hot. Since Bryan wouldn't tell her where they were going on this date, she figured she'd go for a versatile look, one that would knock his socks off no matter what. As she turned to her friends and saw their eyes shining with approval and pride, she knew she'd probably succeeded.

“Roguey, you look just...wow,” Jubilee murmured, coming over to give her a hug.

“We definitely did a good job picking that outfit. If you want him, Rogue, he's yours tonight,” Kitty said, examining her from head to toe.

Rogue shrugged. “We'll see. I don't even know what we're doing, so there's no use making any plans like that. I'd hate to get my hopes crushed, you know?” she said with a wink.

Jubilee laughed. “That's our girl! Well, we know that you won't be able to have too wild a night. After all, tomorrow's Monday, so he'll probably have to go in to work.”

Rogue frowned a little. “You know, I never asked him what he does. I didn't tell him much about this place, either, just gave him the address along with my phone number. I wonder...should I have been more careful about this? I mean, we're both mutants, yeah, but there's the Brotherhood and other organizations out there...” Rogue didn't want to ruin the date before it got started, but it seemed like that little niggling worry wasn't willing to just go away.

“Well, look at it this way, Rogue. If you have to, you can use your skin to get away from any nefarious schemes he has in mind,” Kitty said fatalistically.

Rogue quirked an eyebrow at her. “Thanks, Kit. That was amazingly reassuring.”

“Nah, just honest,” Jubilee said, giving her another squeeze. “You'll have your cell phone on you. Don't forget the panic button that the Professor had installed. If anything happens, just press it. Your GPS coordinates will be sent here, and it will keep transmitting even if you're moved.”

Rogue sighed. “Wouldn't it be nice to be normal for once?” she mused out loud, reaching over to grab her purse off her nightstand.

“Girlie, you just got as close to normal as any of us will ever be able to get! You've now joined the I-can-control-my-powers club, which means that you can hide. That's the best we can do.” Jubilee's slight bitterness was understandable to the others, so they stood quietly for a moment before visibly shaking it off.

“Well, it's almost time! Wish me luck,” Rogue said, hugging her friends again.

They did, and she went downstairs to wait on the front steps. A low red sports car soon pulled through the gates, and Rogue had to bite back a sigh at the sexiness of the machine alone. Oh, please let that be Bryan!

When he stepped out of the car, Bryan smiled up at her. Rogue practically flew down the stairs to take his outstretched hand and be pulled into his arms. A quick, very passionate kiss later, she allowed him to help her into the car.

“You look gorgeous tonight, Rogue,” Bryan said as he slid behind the wheel.

Rogue blushed a little. “Thanks. You're not bad yourself, sugar,” she replied, allowing herself to take in his green short-sleeved button-up shirt, casual with the top button undone, and gray slacks.

“So you live here?” he asked, thumb pointing to the mansion behind them as they drove away. “You one of these Gifted Students?”

“I was. Don't worry, sugar, I'm legal,” she told him with a light laugh. “Mostly.”

Bryan grinned at her. “Good to hear. So, what do you do?”

“Well, I said I'm legal, right? Truth is, I just graduated from there. It's a school for mutants. They help us with controlling our powers, if we need it, as well as teaching the normal stuff,” Rogue said, settling comfortably into the leather-covered seat. Butter soft leather, at that.

“That's okay. I'm a college student at UNY. Sophomore. My parents...well, I guess they'd rather pay for me to go to college here than somewhere close to home back in California. They can forget they have a mutant son,” he said sadly. Apparently he'd worked through whatever bitterness he might have felt at his circumstances because there was none to be heard in his voice.

“Do you still talk to them?” Rogue was aware how few parents actually kept in contact with their mutant children once they managed to get them out of the house. One way or another.

“Yeah, every once in a while. I'm just happy when the tuition checks make it, to be honest,” he said candidly.

Rogue looked out her window for a moment. “You're lucky. Some of us never hear from our parents again,” she said, some of the happiness gone from her voice for a moment. “But Professor Xavier gives his students a new family, which can sometimes be better than the old one,” she added brightly, remembering her teachers and friends.

Bryan shot her a look. “Then sounds like you're the lucky one. I heard somewhere that friends are the family you can choose. Sometimes it seems to be the better way to go about it,” he said.

“Yeah.” They were quiet for a few minutes. The radio played jazz, low and soothing.

“So, what's your mutation, if you don't mind my asking? I mean, your eyes...they're unusual,” Rogue said into the silence.

Bryan smiled. “I've got night vision. I can see everything as clearly at night as I can during the day. Maybe it's not the most exciting mutation, or the most powerful, but I've found it useful. How about you?”

Rogue tensed. Why had she ever brought up mutations? Now she was going to have to tell him. It wasn't fair otherwise. “I—my skin can do things. Until I recently learned to control it I spent years covered up, not touching anyone because...I can be lethal. I suck people's energy and minds out of them, and mutations if they have them. If the contact doesn't break soon enough, they could die,” she confessed. “But I can control it now, really I can. I wouldn't have agreed to go out with you otherwise.”

There was a moment of silence, and then Bryan said, “Man, that must have been tough. I thought it was bad that my eyes glowed and freaked people out, but...I'm sorry, Rogue. Didn't anyone ever touch you? You said you stayed covered up.”

Rogue nodded, knowing he couldn't see it. “Yeah, a few people, every now and then. My best friends a lot. The school was great, and everyone was really understanding the few times there were accidents, but...it was hard. I'm so glad I don't have to worry much anymore,” she said softly.

Bryan reached over and took her hand. “I'm sure you'll do great, and I'm not worried at all. We're going to have fun tonight, I promise,” he told her with a smile.

Rogue returned the smile and squeezed his hand. “Thanks.”

They did have fun. Bryan took her to a restaurant where they performed different Off Broadway musicals or plays while you ate. It was magical. The production that night was “Dirty Dancing.” Partway through, Bryan leaned toward her and whispered, “I think we were better last night, don't you?”

Rogue had to swallow her laughter, hiding her face in her napkin until she knew she wasn't going to interrupt the performance, but her eyes sparkled as she looked at him. Once dinner was over, they collected his car from the valet service and sat there for a minute. Bryan turned to look at her.

“Rogue, would you like to come back to my place for a little while? I mean, you don't have to, and I'd still like to see you again, but...you're very beautiful, and I find you very, very attractive,” he said, taking her hand in his and raising it toward his lips. At the last moment, before his lips brushed the back of her hand, he turned it over and pressed a kiss to her wrist. Rogue almost moaned out loud.

Something inside her told her she needed this. She needed to be in his arms, feel hot skin pressed to hers. She let the physical attraction she felt for him flare and knew that, in this moment, this was right for her. She leaned over and kissed him, letting her lips press lightly at first before going further. Her tongue slid over his lips, pressing in, and then there was a moment where they were battling for supremacy, a moment that thrilled her. She pulled back.

“Let's go to your place.”

Hours later, Bryan's car drove back through the gates of the school, where no lights waited to greet them besides a few outdoor floodlights. He got out and opened Rogue's door for her, pausing for long moments to press her against the side of the car and kiss her long and sweetly, the heat still sizzling between them.

“Thanks, sugar. I'll see you next weekend,” she said, reaching up to run her finger over his bottom lip.

“I don't know if I can wait that long, Rogue,” Bryan told her honestly.

Rogue looked up into his glowing eyes and smiled slowly. “Well, maybe we can make some time in the middle of the week. I'll call you,” she said, pulling his mouth down to hers again for another kiss. “Now, get going. You've got a class in the morning, sugar, remember?”

With a groan Bryan pulled himself away. He watched while Rogue let herself in the front door of the mansion, then he sighed and turned to get back in his car. A flicker of light caught his eye to one side, but he thought it must have been a firefly because he didn't see any other source. The sleek red car drove off slowly.

In the shadows, Logan watched until the tail lights disappeared. He glared at the car and glared up at the house, toward a certain window. This was fucking great. He'd followed them on his bike, as inconspicuously as possible, to that restaurant. Grabbing a bite to eat from a fast food place down the street, he'd settled in to wait. Later, they didn't head back to the mansion like he was half hoping. Instead, the prick took her to a very nice apartment building where they stayed for the next three hours. Logan left when the scent of them, smothered in the smell of sex, neared the door to the complex. What the hell were they doing for three hours?

Well, he knew the answer to that, if he would only admit it to himself. There were a lot of things you could do in three hours, things he was sure that fucker was more than happy to show Rogue. Damn that girl, anyway! Why had she chosen to go out and do that? Why hadn't she—Logan stopped himself before that thought was fully formed. Dammit!

Looked like it was time to go make some more firewood. Might need some winter after next.
Chapter End Notes:
Okay, yeah, I didn't actually write them having sex out. I found out I just couldn't do it. Rogue having sex with some random character I made up...nope, it wasn't working. So just so we're clear, she's no longer a virgin, she had sex. I just couldn't write it.