Author's Chapter Notes:
Serious shopping gets done, and a date is made.
Rogue ventured upstairs from her examination a little shaken. Jean, as she insisted Rogue call her now at all times, not just missions, had been so very concerned that Rogue should know all of the facts about sex since she was now able to venture into that realm interacting with full grown men, not just the boys around school. So she had given Rogue a version of the “Talk” in blaring, clinical detail that would be very difficult to forget. Oh, Rogue intended to try, since it was a little too much information, but it would be hard.

And then Jean had offered her “visual aids” if she needed them.

And they had both blushed.

Thankfully, the process of prescribing Pills had already been completed, condoms given from a stash in the cabinet in Jean's office, and the physical examination all taken care of, so Rogue just said, “No, thank you,” and high-tailed it out of there as quickly as possible. The good news: pain probably wasn't going to be much of an issue for her. The bad news: there was a possibility that the heightened emotional and physical state of sexual intercourse would interfere with Rogue's control over her mutation. Those were Jean's exact words. Rogue was pretty sure that the stimulus last night would have been more than enough to weaken her control if that was all it took, but she would definitely take things slow, just in case.

The hallways were much more crowded after lunch. Rogue made her way through the dormitory section, her newfound sensitivity towards the opposite sex picking up the way half the male population was checking her out. It looked like the pansies who couldn't handle the thought of trying to get around her skin when it was deadly were more than willing to appreciate it now that it wasn't. That was fine, but she was keeping to a “look, but don't touch” rule for every male at the school who hadn't bothered with her before. A little flirting never hurt anyone, though, so she winked and smiled at boys and young men as she passed, suddenly feeling giddy at the thought that they might want her but couldn't get her. God, was she turning into a cock-tease? Well, maybe a little.

Jubilee and Kitty had finally dragged their hungover butts out of bed, showered, and were putting finishing touches on outfits for the day when Rogue burst in. Rogue gave Jubilee a big hug to apologize for waking her up and then looked at the mess their room was. Using up some of her pent up energy, Rogue made quick work of hanging up tops, dresses and skirts, tucking underwear and bras back into the appropriate drawers, and lining shoes up beside the owners' respective beds. Kitty and Jubilee just sat on their beds and watched in bemused silence as the whirlwind formerly known as Rogue set the room to rights.

Hands on her hips, Rogue surveyed her work and nodded happily. “Okay, now that I'm done with that, I think you should know that I'm kidnapping you two today,” she informed her intended victims mercilessly.

Jubilee raised an eyebrow. “Do we get kinky sex or strong drinks during our imprisonment?” she asked hopefully.

Rogue grinned. “Nope. You get to help me pick out a new wardrobe, especially stuff to wear on dates,” she informed them. Their eyes lit up, and she held up a hand. “I have a pretty solid core of basics, but everything else...we're talking dresses, jewelry, and better make-up. We're talking little sexy teddies and silk robes that are pretty much transparent. We're talking--”

“Too much!” Jubilee cried, reaching out and hugging Rogue in thanks for providing her with her favorite pastime—well, besides making boys cringe. “Let's get going already!”

“Do you want to eat here or grab a bite while we're out? We haven't had anything yet,” Kitty said, gathering up purses with a no-nonsense, take-no-prisoners look in her eyes. Shopping to Kitty was less than the religious experience it was for Jubilee, but it was also something she believed should be planned as well as any battle the X-team might have to fight. Rogue could foresee several changes to the black leather uniforms once Kitty got hold of them.

“I'm all for eating out, chicas. I want to try that new French bistro in town,” Jubilee said. “Plus, I heard the waiters are pretty yummy.”

“I'm fine with eating out, but do we have time for me to wash up a bit? I was out in the garden with 'Ro this morning,” Rogue said, heading for the bathroom anyway. No way did she want to go shopping sweaty and with no make-up on.

Jubilee and Kitty sighed and settled on their beds to wait. It only took Rogue about twenty minutes to jump in the shower quickly, careful not to wet her hair, jump out, comb and pull her hair into a pony tail, and put on a new outfit and light make-up, but by that time Jubilee had taken to pacing the bedroom, and Kitty had dug through her closet twice and made a list of necessary purchases. Her two friends pulled Rogue away from her mirror after she announced that she thought maybe she should do something a little nicer with her hair, and off they went.

Six hours, one bistro, three stores and two malls later, the three returned and struggled to pull all of the bags from the trunk and back seat of Kitty's Jag. In fact, there were so many that Jubilee couldn't get out of the car until the bags were removed! Thankfully, Bobby and John were walking by just then, so Rogue flagged them down and enlisted their help carrying the mountains of purchases up the stairs. Once the bags and boxes were piled onto Rogue's bed and strewn about the floor, they could only stare before deciding that it really wouldn't hurt to leave it just like this and grab some dinner. Shutting the door firmly behind them, they headed back downstairs.

At seven o'clock, full and happy, they gave in to the inevitable and trudged back upstairs to start unpacking. However, no sooner did they get the door shut behind them then Rogue made a dive for their ringing phone on the other side of the piles. She landed on her knees with a thud and grabbed the receiver.

“Hello? Oh, Bryan! It's good to hear from you.” Rogue grinned and rolled her eyes at her friends, fanning herself. It was all Kitty and Jubilee could do not to crack up right then and there.

“Yeah, I enjoyed last night, too. You're such a good dancer.” Was that a purr in her voice? Well, she felt like purring when she remembered that dance! “Let me just check on that, okay?” Rogue rustled the papers on the desk next to her for a few moments while Jubilee nearly collapsed from lack of oxygen with Kitty trying to hold her up and not die herself.

“Well, looks like I don't have anything going on tomorrow evening. What do you want to go do?” Rogue paused again, her smile getting even wider, if that was possible. “Oh, I just love surprises, sugar,” she said, allowing her voice to get all husky. Kitty and Jubilee began to fan themselves, and she had to hold in her own laughter. “Sure, I can be ready at seven. See you then!”

Rogue hit the end call button and shrieked. “Bryan's taking me out tomorrow night! This is just awesome!” She climbed back over the piles and did a happy dance with Jubilee and Kitty, who had regained their normal complexions now that they were able to laugh and breathe again.

“C'mon, chicas,” Jubilee said, wading into the first mountain of bags. “We need to pick out what you're going to wear tomorrow—starting with that sexy black bra and panty set from Victoria Secrets. You know, the ones with the little pink hearts printed all over and the pink bows.”

The other two squealed, and they were about to get to work when they heard a crash. They jumped and looked at each other wide-eyed for a moment, but when no other sounds reached their ears they shrugged.

“Kids,” Rogue said, rolling her eyes again. “Who wants to bet Scott rips 'em a new one for breaking whatever that was. If he can catch them!” They laughed and continued pulling out items and ripping off tags.

Outside the closed door a figure hovered for a moment, sheer menace in every line of his body. He stared at the door for a moment, then stalked back past the vase he had sliced in to three parts, its shattered remains after hitting the ground littering the hardwood. He didn't even care. This was getting so out of control!
Chapter End Notes:
Ah, the suffering must continue while Rogue gets ready to have a grand ol' time.