Author's Chapter Notes:
In which Rogue goes a little wild. Most of the time it seems like the guys authors stick her with (talking Fox & Bobby here, too) are wusses compared to Logan, or at least they're men she couldn't possibly be compatible with. Well, I think the girl deserves a chance to see what she could be getting if the jerk doesn't wake up! (Okay, so maybe I'm a little pissed at Logan in this story. I think he's going to have to suffer.)
The music hit them with a pure wave of sound as they entered the club. Rogue, Kitty and Jubilee grinned at each other. This was the Freak Shack, an underground mutants-only club on the edge of New York City. They had needed to prove their mutations before entering, easy for Kitty and Jubilee but not so much for Rogue. Thankfully the bouncer at the door was a telepath, although not as strong as the Professor or Jean, and he was able to confirm her mutation that way. The small X tattoo with a circle around it between her shoulder blades that she had insisted on getting for her eighteenth birthday, managed through the tattoo artist's agreement to use latex gloves and cover up completely so that he could take up the challenge of her skin, well, that helped some, too, since Charles Xavier was well known in mutant circles. The ramshackle exterior of the condemned building that contained it gave no indication of the sheer opulence inside. However, compared to the occupants, the decorations were tame. Mutants of every creed and color crowded into the large open space, most dancing, some sitting in secluded booths...talking, or not. Rogue's eyes glinted as she took it in, her body already swaying to the music.

“Dancing first!” Jubilee cried, linking her arms through Rogue's and Kitty's. They made their way onto the dance floor.

Rogue had no idea how long they moved their bodies along to the beat, sometimes together and sometimes with some really good looking mutant men who approached them for a dance, but eventually she began to get thirsty. When she told Jubilee, her friend sighed but agreed that a drink might not be a bad idea. The three girls left the dance floor and headed to the bar.

Since Rogue still wasn't sure how her control of her mutation would hold up to alcohol, she just asked the bartender for water. Jubilee and Kitty, on the other hand, took advantage of the club's not-so-legal status and the willingness of the bartender to serve anything to a set of tits and big fluttery eyes and ordered drinks. Jubilee wanted vodka right away, while Kitty chose a strawberry daiquiri. They settled into a booth for a few minutes to drink and catch their breath from all the dancing.

Rogue looked around her in obvious enjoyment. This was only her second time going out clubbing with her friends. The first time, two months ago, she'd been so nervous about brushing up against anyone that it had taken out any enjoyment she might have gotten. This was so much better. Rogue closed her eyes and leaned back against the plush black leather padding of the booth, simply taking it all in. She needed to soak in every second, every sensation. It was such a high to be out in public and unafraid!

“Want to dance?” whispered a deep voice next to her ear. Rogue started and opened her eyes to see a dark-skinned man with glowing green eyes smiling at her as leaned down. He was the definition of hot from the top of his bald head to the highly muscled chest that was very well-defined underneath a charcoal gray silk T-shirt. Rogue had a weakness for silk. He straightened, a smile revealing perfect white teeth, and she realized that he must be almost a foot taller than her. Good. She decided trying out tall men wouldn't be a bad idea. He practically oozed sex appeal, glowing eyes or not.

Rogue glanced at Jubilee and Kitty. They were staring at the stranger with wide eyes and open mouths. Since their drinks were only half gone Rogue assumed that they were as attracted to him as she was. Rogue leaned in and whispered to Jubilee, “You can have the next one, chica,” and then turned back to the man waiting patiently next to her. “I'd love to dance. I'm Rogue,” she told him.

“I'm Bryan, beautiful Rogue,” he said, that gorgeous smile widening slightly. He held out a hand, and she allowed him to help her out of the booth and back to the dance floor. That's when she realized that the next song was a slow one. Well, good!

To say that the dance she shared with Bryan was sexy would have been a complete understatement. When she wrapped her arms around his neck he drew her close so that they were pressed together chest to knees. One hand stayed on her hip, guiding her as they swayed to the music, while the other explored her back and then strayed lower. His green eyes glinted knowingly when she whimpered a little, then he leaned down and took her mouth with his own. The kisses started soft and sweet but quickly turned heated. Rogue parted her lips and allowed his tongue to sweep in, moaning a little as he plundered those depths expertly. The sensory overload left her very pleasantly light-headed. By the end of the dance, she wasn't sure she'd be able to stand on her own.

Bryan smiled down at her as the music sped up and they parted. Rogue felt as if those glowing eyes had captured some part of her, and she wasn't sure if she liked that or not, but there was no argument that she had liked what his hands and mouth could do to her.

“Would you like to go back to your table?” he asked. “I think one of your friends is still there.”

Rogue nodded vaguely, still trying to come down from the heady cloud she was riding. “Sure, sugar. Just...I think I need some water. That was...mmm.”

Bryan chuckled softly. “Yeah, it was,” he said as he led her back to the booth where Kitty was waiting, nursing her drink and keeping an eye on Rogue's and Jubilee's.

Kitty smirked a little when they got back, her eyes bright. Rogue asked Bryan to get her some more water as an excuse to get him out of earshot so that Kitty could interrogate her.

“So you had fun with Mr. Tall and Hunky, huh, Roguey?” Kitty whispered, giggling. Really, was the girl drunk on one daiquiri? It usually took more than that when they raided the locked liquor cabinet in the pantry, the one that her particular mutation made much less secure.

Rogue hummed softly, taking a drink of what was left of her water. “Oh, yeah. My God, Kitty, that man's hands...they're straight out of a girl's wet dreams!”

Kitty whimpered a little herself at that. Both women turned when Bryan arrived with the replacement drink, and the smiles they gave him should have been the only hint he needed as to what the topic of their conversation was about.

“Kitty, why don't you join Jubilee out on the dance floor? I'll do drink duty for a few minutes,” Rogue suggested, giving her friend a pointed look as Bryan slid into the booth next to her, the smooth cotton of his khaki slacks brushing against the bare skin of her thigh and making her shudder slightly.

Kitty hurried to leave, giving Rogue a grin before heading off to find Jubilee. Rogue might have used the time to get to know Bryan better, asking about where he lived and worked, that sort of thing. However, it seemed like such a better idea to allow him to kiss and fondle her some more, showing her how much she had missed during the years of her isolation from the world of touch. So maybe his fingers slid a few places they shouldn't have in public, and maybe her hands did some inspecting of their own, but that was the whole point of this outing. Rogue was determined to get the experiences she'd been denied the past three years.

When Kitty and Jubilee finally came back to the booth Rogue and Bryan were exchanging phone numbers on napkins and promising to get in touch. They shared one last lingering kiss just before Rogue's friends reached the table, and then Bryan was saying goodbye to them all and promising that they would meet again soon. Rogue watched him leave with hungry eyes until he disappeared into the crowd, then she smiled at Kitty and Jubilee.

“That was absolutely so hot, Roguey!” Jubilee said as she leaned in to rescue what was left of her vodka. “I mean, I got asked to dance during that song, too, but my guy wasn't hot enough to take my attention off the two of you for long. I think most of the club was watching and getting wet!” she crowed enthusiastically.

Rogue blushed a little with embarrassment, but mostly she was just thrilled. The night passed quickly in a swirl of dancing, drinking and men, her new favorite pastimes. None of the men had stood out quite like Bryan, although she allowed a few to give her their numbers or other ways to contact them. There was no reason to narrow this particular field too soon.

Around one a.m. Rogue, Jubilee and Kitty piled into Kitty's Jag, this time with Rogue in the driver's seat. They gossiped animatedly during the one hour drive back to the mansion, comparing notes on guys and drinks they each thought were particularly good. By the time Rogue pulled into the garage, though, they had wound down and were more than happy to drag their exhausted bodies up the stairs and to their beds.

None of them noticed a particular shadowy presence in the bar. Somehow the motorcycle was able to follow them home without Rogue realizing what was happening. By the time its driver reached the mansion's garage, fifteen minutes behind the trio, no one was awake to notice its arrival. He parked and jumped off the bike, heading toward the small stand of forest to the north of the estate grounds. His mind roaring with suppressed fury, he spent an hour or two using his claws to provide the mansion with next year's allotment of firewood.
Chapter End Notes:
And on it goes...