ONE YEAR LATER...

Back in his study, Professor Charles Xavier smiled knowingly to himself as he stared out of the window, admiring the night sky. It was the end of another fine wedding and although none of them had been his own children, he still couldn't help but feel the proud father figure.

Jean and Scott last month and now Marie and Logan. All married on the island. That place had exceeded all of his expectations.

His smile tugged wider as he thought back to the excitement that had buzzed through the school when the couple's had first delivered the news.

Jean and Scott's wedding had been inevitable but Marie had returned with Logan from a trip to Canada with an engagement ring on her finger. It had been quite an unexpected, but pleasant surprise.

Jean and Marie, both being Austen fans, had wanted a double wedding but quite naturally, Scott and Logan had balked at the very idea. Perhaps, in hindsight, it was better that way - a double honeymoon on the island might have proven a little...difficult.

But the setting had been wonderful for the actual ceremonies and celebrations that had followed, and almost all of the residents of the Institute had been there to partake in the happy events.

He sighed contentedly.

So much joy had resulted from such...

His brow arched craftily...

...such a *small* amount of deceit.

He glanced across at a tall pewter tankard, filled with pencils, located upon his desk top. The very same tankard that had been used for the monthly drawing of names.

No one knew. No one would ever know. It would remain his wicked little secret until one day...one day, he might *finally* decide to confess it to one of their children.

The fact that he had purposely kept back Marie and Logan's names from each draw. And then ensured that they were the only names drawn on that fateful day. Of course, the fact that he was the draw-master ensured his plans were a success.

His smile widened and he chuckled quietly to himself as he leant back in his wheelchair. Fingers pressed together reflectively, he indulged himself with a rare moment of smug satisfaction.

Ah...it was fun to play God every now and then.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Logan...the blindfold is kinda redundant, don't you think? I *know* what you've done. I ended up absorbing your little plan the last time we were here, remember?"

"Maybe I like seein' ya in a blindfold."

She felt Logan pinch her backside and she giggled. "Ooooooh kinky!"

"Should know that by now," he teased huskily into her ear and she shivered at the feel of his warm breath against her skin.

Allowing him to guide her into the cave she could already imagine the scene but Logan seemed to hesitate beside her. "Are you going to take this thing off, or am I going to stand here in my wedding dress all day?" she teased impatiently.

Logan carefully removed the piece of ivory cloth - what had been the beaded sash around the waist of her dress.

When Marie's eyesight had adjusted, she gasped. Her imagination hadn't done this place justice! It was like discovering the cave all over again.

"Oh, Logan..."

The grotto had been filled with what seemed like hundreds of candles -every little nook and cranny lit up with a golden glow to complement the green effect of the algae. The end result was magical...she shivered in anticipation...yet undeniably erotic too and she felt her heart begin to race.

"Bobby helped out a bit," Logan revealed as he gestured to an overflowing ice bucket with a huge bottle of champagne wedged inside. "And Yella lit the candles."

"She hates you calling her that," Marie laughed. "I'm surprised she even offered to help."

Logan shrugged. "Must be my animal magnetism."

"Or the fact that you OK'ed *yellow* bridesmaid dresses!"

"Hey, darlin...I only had eyes for *you*. She could've been stark naked and it woulda' made no difference!"

"Sure! *I* believe you!" Grinning, she turned her attentions back to the grotto, her heart simply bursting with happiness.

"It really is breathtaking," she sobbed, tears welling up into her eyes for the second time that day. The last time had been when Kurt had announced them 'man and wife.'

Logan had moved away a little and was watching her intently. "Nah -*you're* breathtaking, baby."

She felt his eyes wandering over her, admiring the long, figure hugging, off the shoulder gown she wore; the way her hair was piled upon the top of her head and decorated with flowers and pearls to match her choker and earrings; and especially the way her generous cleavage strained against the bodice of her dress...an extra little touch she had added just for him.

"You're going to ruin this dress, aren't you?" she despaired, regretfully, wishing she had changed her clothes before coming here.

"Nah...I promise." He grinned wickedly. "Just gonna get it...a little wet."

Her eyes followed his, to the small waterfall that tumbled down into the pool.

"Twelve months I've been thinkin' about this place," he confessed. "Twelve long fuckin' months I've been imaginin' what I was gonna do to you when we finally returned..."

Marie thought back to their recent travels throughout Canada. Logan *had* run when they had returned to the Institute, but he had insisted that *she* come with him. And *come* she had! She had lost her virginity to him a week later, in front of a roaring fire, inside a cosy cabin in the Rockies. "Well, it isn't as if we haven't had plenty of practice during that time, sugar..." she pointed out, that southern drawl of hers thickening and making Logan's eyes light up with desire.

He pulled off the bow of his tuxedo and flung it into the pool. "I told you, darlin'. I'm a man of *action*, not words."

Marie stalked over to him and started undoing his shirt buttons. "Just the way I like it," she purred.

THE END