Part Two - Project Castaway

Days 1-15

Marie's Log
Day One

Well, we're here. Me. Logan. All alone, on a beautiful tropical island. I've dreamt of this moment practically every night for the past five torturous months, yet now it has become a reality I'm...well...to put it bluntly, kinda scared. And it has nothing to do with being stranded or a lack of luxuries and everything to do with the most important guy in the world to me... talking of which...

First thing he did was complain about the heat. Grumbled that he preferred the cold. It was kinda endearing. Only Logan can look cute when he is in whinging-mode.

I didn't complain when he stripped down to some skimpy jean shorts though - woof woof! Mere mortal words cannot *begin* to describe the perfection that is that man's chest - I think it was a gift bestowed from the gods! I could just imagine Aphrodite having the hots for him!

But what is it with that darned belt buckle? He still wore it with his shorts! Forget mutations, I'm beginning to wonder if *it's* secretly the source of all his powers. You know, like with Samson it was the hair? And I seriously think I'm gonna have to persuade him to take it off at some stage during this month, just to test my theory.

I noticed his eyes grew a little larger when I also stripped down to shorts and a bikini top. Not sure whether it was the shock of seeing me in so little or because he was admiring the *scenery* so to speak. Thank god I've been working out extra hard in the Danger Room! Developed myself a decent set of abs over the last few months. Almost good enough to rival that chest of his. But joking aside, I must admit that it's a relief that I can control my mutation now because I don't think I could survive this heat under a multitude of layers!

Oh damn it! The torch is failing me already! Bet someone purposely put in duff batteries for a laugh. It stinks of something Jubes would do! And I haven't even got to the bit about the coconut....

Logan's Log
Day One

I aint writin' in no pansy-ass journal!
P.S...And coconuts can go to hell!

Marie's Log
Day Two

OK...am writing in the light today and I don't think the sun can fail me! Now where was I...Logan moaning...us stripping...right...

Yeah, well next Logan complained about the supplies we had been left. Said that he wasn't a rice and noodles kinda guy and that all dried stuff (the bulk of our rations) tasted as bland as shit. I gestured to the ocean but he said that he isn't that keen on fish either! That he needed *proper* meat. Jeeze! There's no pleasing that guy!

It was a toss up between making a shelter or exploring the island first. I favoured the latter whilst Logan was eager to get the shelter made (what is it with men and DIY!? It seems even Logan can't resist banging bits of wood together!). Cue my little ole begging eyes and I got my tour! They never fail me where Logan is concerned.

And the island doesn't disappoint.

In a nutshell (or perhaps a coconut shell, in this case - ha ha - more about that later!) it consists of a central area of forest (rainforest, I guess) that is surrounded by tall palm trees and sandy beach. There's also a little crop of jagged rocks rising up into a gentle incline (which I've named: Logan's Lookout!) at one end. Not too large, not too small. Just big enough for two. Cosy! (pun intended!)

Logan was pleased to discover a family of wild pigs on the island, said he wouldn't have to live on fish after all. I was appalled by what he was implying and said that he wasn't to lay a finger on those cute little piggies! He reluctantly agreed but I don't trust him. There was an evil glint in those hazel eyes of his as he promised, like, just for a second, the Wolverine rose to the surface and took centre stage.

Making the shelter was hilarious. At least *I* found it funny. Unable to use his claws, Logan got pissed pretty quickly, complaining (yet again), that the previous groups had just about worn down the few tools we had been left. I honestly thought he'd sod the rules and pop his claws, but he didn't. Just scowled, scrubbed a hand across his face and looked thoughtful for a bit. It took most of the afternoon but our shelter wasn't half bad by the end.

Looking kinda smug Logan folded his arms and leaned back against a palm tree to admire his handiwork (I admit that it was about 80 percent his creation!).... Cue one falling coconut...

I'll tell you one thing. If he didn't have a metal skull I honestly think that big ole nasty coconut would have probably killed him. Outright.

Five minutes he was dead to the world whilst I was panicking, assuming the worst. When he finally blinked open his eyes the first thing he said was "fuckin' coconuts!" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry but ended up blubbering like a baby into his chest (any excuse!) as he rubbed my back comfortingly, insisting that he was just glad it hadn't been me it had hit. He's warned me to give the palm trees a wide birth from now on, just in case.

Oh man! Sorry - gotta go! That sunset is amazing!

Logan's Log
Day Two

*Message from Marie - Yes you ARE gonna write in this journal!*
Reply from Logan - make me!
P.S. Respect a man's privacy, why don't ya?

Marie's Log
Day Three

Morning entry...
Logan's fishing from the rocks at the other end of the island. Hope he catches some nice big fish because, to tell you the truth, I've never been much of a rice and noodles kinda girl either.

I think I've guessed why he's been so cranky for the past few days. Beer and cigar withdrawal! Although mostly beer. I also think he is purposely avoiding me so that he *can't* get cranky at me. Poor Logan. Wish I had the power to turn coconuts into beer cans.

The sunset last night was breathtaking. Logan and I watched it together, sitting on the beach, his arm wrapped tightly around me. We sat right until it disappeared into the horizon. I was hoping the romantic setting would result in something physical, even just a kiss, but the moment the sun was gone Logan stood up and said we might as well get an early night since it was dark anyway.

Think I might have misread all those *looks* over the years.

I also think this might turn out to be a *long* thirty days.

*Sigh*.

P.S...I'm gonna have to hide this journal now that I've started writing stuff like that. Just in case Logan reads it like I keep reading his! Although in my defence, he just leaves it lying there on his sleeping bag, literally screaming 'read me!' Am beginning to think he does it on purpose.

Evening Entry...
Ah! Every girl deserves a Logan. Not only did he return from his fishing trip with four huge fish but he had also been checking out the island more thoroughly and on his travels found some edible fungi (sounds gross, tasted great!), some sort of berries (pleasantly sharp) and quail eggs. We have just had ourselves a major feast and are now vegging out on the beach with contented smiles on our faces.

And it seems that food puts Logan's mind off beer and cigars, at least for a little while. He hasn't been cranky all evening.

I could really get used to this castaway lark!

Logan's Log
Day Three

Gimme a fuckin' beer!!! Somebody!
P.S. There ya go, Marie. Made an entry. Now get off my case.

Marie's Log
Day Four

It's torture to wake up beside Logan every morning and not take advantage of the fact. I know that we both have separate sleeping bags but I have to seriously fight the urge to scoot across in mine and reach down and kiss those delicious lips of his. It doesn't help that a certain part of his anatomy always seems to wake up before him, if you catch my drift, and a thin sleeping bag just isn't able to disguise the fact. (Big boy - hee hee!) I suppose I shouldn't really look...but hey...this is Logan...and I simply have no willpower whatsoever.

Logan's Log
Day Four

Aint no fun dreamin' of beer when you aint got none.
Fuckin' tormentin' brain.

Marie's Log
Day Five

Last night I thought my luck was in! Felt something gently touch my hair and thought it was Logan coming to his senses at last. Reached up for his hand - or what I thought was his hand - and felt something that was most definitely *not* Logan.

Cue lots of screaming, Logan waking up and shredding his sleeping bag in his panic, and me running like a bat out of hell from that shelter!

Turned out to be a big ole crab.

Cue lots of Logan laughing. (Bastard!) But he soon stopped laughing when he saw the state of his sleeping bag.

Cue lots of Marie laughing.

Found it hard to get back to sleep after that. Irritatingly, Logan was snoring again within minutes, regardless of shredded sleeping bag. After dreaming that Logan's claws had turned into crab claws and he was chasing me across the beach, I got up the minute the first slither of sun pierced the new day. In hindsight, was worth it for the beautiful sunrise.

Despite his amusement over the whole crab situation, Logan was very sweet though and spent the morning crab-proofing the shelter for me.

Logan's Log
Day Five

Modified the shelter a bit.
That woman sure as hell can scream!
Ears are *still* ringin'.

Marie's Log
Day Six

Wish the island had a waterfall or something that I could bathe provocatively under and have Logan watch me from the shadows and get so turned on that he just can't resist joining me...Hmmm...been reading too much smut on the net, I think!

Instead, I have to haul up a bucket of clean water from the well and have a wash using that. Totally undignified. Although, admittedly, not as bad as our toilet arrangements, which entails taking a wander into the forest, digging a hole and using a leaf or two. Ewwwwww!

*God, I miss bathrooms!*

Did make some friends whilst I was washing though. That cute little family of pigs! The babies, three of them, are adorable! Unfortunately, they were too wary of humans to linger for long and Logan has warned me that wild pigs can get real aggressive if they want to. But I hope to see them again. I feel kinda protective, because Logan seems to lick his lips every time I mention them!

Actually, to be honest, I've noticed him do the same to me on a few occasions. Cannibalism is illegal, right?

Logan's Log
Day Six

Here piggy piggy!
*Added by Marie - Don't you dare!*

Marie's Log
Day Seven

Getting seriously sick of rice, noodles, crackers and raisons...and they're the more exciting contents of our ration pack! I think Logan is too. I can't believe that we've still got another 23 days to go! I'll have to ask Logan to try to break open a few coconuts tomorrow. Might be amusing, especially since he's not allowed to use his claws.

Logan's Log
Day Seven

Rice tastes like shit.

Marie's Log
Day Eight

After a few hours Logan *finally* got the hang of opening coconuts. (I was soooooo reminded of poor old Tom Hanks in 'Castaway'!) When I congratulated him for not resorting to using his claws he actually growled at me - ha ha! I've drank so much coconut milk though that I feel a bit sick now.

Logan's Log
Day Eight

Coconut milk tastes crap too!

Marie's Log
Day Nine

Oh, really bad night. Was sick. Lots. All evidence points to the coconut milk. I suggested to Logan that I might be allergic to it. He just rolled his eyes and said that anyone who had drank as much of the stuff as I had, deserved to be sick.

Don't think I like the Castaway-Logan. He's too cranky. I wish someone would just bring him a crate load of beer and cigars and make him happy again!

Logan's Log
Day Nine

I'm sorry.
*Added by Marie - Apology accepted.*

Marie's Log
Day Ten

For a tough-ass kinda guy, Logan is a real pansy when it comes to water. I think he secretly can't swim. Why else would he refuse to go for a dip on a beautiful hot day when the sun is glistening like gold dust on the water? I could've stayed out there all day!

Logan's Log
Day Ten

I *can* swim.
I just don't like water.
Quit naggin'.

Marie's Log
Day Eleven

I feel kinda bad. It seems the water phobia stems from his nightmares. Being submerged. Logan confessed that he never takes baths, only showers. He said that more open areas of water, like the sea, aren't quite as bad, but he still prefers to steer clear if he can help it. Now I know why he never uses the Institute swimming pool, or goes swimming in the lake, like the rest of us. It isn't just him being his usual anti-social self.

I can't believe that he opened up to me like that. And willingly -without me pushing him into it. It was so special. Made my feelings for him intensify.

Logan's Log
Day Eleven

Never shared that with anyone before.
Thanks for listening, kid.
*Added by Marie - Anytime, sugar. xx*

Marie's Log
Day Twelve

OMG! This morning was amazing! I woke early, sensing lots of movement from the corner of my eye. When I focused properly I could see them! Dozens of them! Tiny baby turtles, emerging from eggs that had been buried in the sand. My squeals of delight roused Logan (but minus the claws this time!) and as I gestured wildly to the adorable creatures he grinned and said: "Turtle soup?"

But then a horrid old seagull swooped down and mercilessly snatched one up and I wasted no time in dragging Logan to his feet and insist he help me protect them until they reached the water.

Apart from that poor unfortunate soul that the gull took, we saved every one of those turtles. Every single one! Now I expect that their first few weeks in the water is gonna be very much touch and go, but I feel that I've done my bit.

Spent most of the day with a dopey grin on my face.

Marie! Nature Woman! Protector of Innocents!

Logan's Log
Day Twelve

Damn that woman! She even denies me turtle soup!
I'm goin' out of my fuckin' mind!
I need some real meat *bad*!
And a BEER!

Marie's Log
Day Thirteen

I forgot to tell Logan when I was washing at the well today and he accidentally (yeah - right!) walked in on me! Stared at me really intensely making me blush right down to my naked little ole toes, before mumbling his apologies and walking away. God, I hope he didn't smell how aroused I was.

Or...maybe I do...

Logan's Log
Day Thirteen
(no entry was made)

Marie's Log
Day Fourteen

I have a worrying feeling that Logan knows where I hide my journal and has been reading it. Because, thinking about it now, some of his entries seem to uncannily answer mine. Although I admit that I did also tease him *verbally* about not being able to swim. And his apology from day nine might be in response to the day in general.

Well, whatever the reason, I think it will be in my best interests to hide it again.

Although, if he *has* read any of my previous entries...oh god!

Logan's Log
Day Fourteen

Everythin's changed.

Marie's Log
Day Fifteen

Logan had hidden *his* diary now! And after writing what he did yesterday too! Damn him!

What did he mean - "everything's changed?" Did he purposely write something cryptic to tease me, leave me hanging? I so want to ask him what he means but somehow...I just can't. I'm scared of his answer, especially under the circumstances...

Well, I've said that he's been cranky literally every day that we've been here but yesterday we had a major row and he just seemed to lose it. I've never seen him so angry or so...and this is the weirdest thing...afraid.

The row was over something so stupid as well. Those pigs! I had been trying to coax one of the baby ones over to me but then the mother made an appearance and charged me. I had to climb up onto the well, and nearly fell in. Luckily Logan heard my shrieking and came to my rescue, scaring the mother off, but that's when he got really mad at me, saying that he had warned me about those pigs and that I should listen for a change - blah blah blah! And then he stormed off and didn't return until hours later.

But *what* has changed? Was he so angry at me that it has affected our friendship for the worst? Somehow, I can't believe that. We have too much history. Too much mutual respect. Even love.

But if not that...what?!

Perhaps it has something to do with seeing me at the well...

*Sigh*. I just *wish* I knew how he felt about me, one way or the other. It would make things a lot easier.

Damn it! I'm *determined* to find that journal of his, even if I have to search every inch of this blasted island!

Logan's Log (now hidden)
Day Fifteen

I love her.
I love her an' it fuckin' scares the shit outta me.