Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait...

This one was a little harder to write than the others, and miles shorter. Still i hope that you will like it...

Quick note: "Alecto" was one of the three Erinyes of the Greek mythology; the three infernal deities that avenged the worst crimes.


Enjoy!
Had it been a month already? Rogue was still in the same white room, with the big comfortable bed and soft blanket and pillow. Yet she didn’t use any of them. She would just sit in a corner all day - usually next to the toilet bowl - her eyes cast downwards. Doctors and nurses would come and go, food would be brought, but she barely noticed anything. Her mind was in another place; with her lover. Where was Logan now? What were they doing to him? If she had doubts about her being pregnant the first few days, now she had full confirmation, if her position in “her room” was anything to go by. The young woman let a hand glide over the expanse of her still flat stomach, wishing for everything to be different. The reality of her situation hit her every single day when the doctors would leave her room with satisfied smiles across their faces. She wished day after day that she’d be able to see Logan, make sure that he was still alive, at least. Rogue had asked countless times for news from him, but her tormentors would mostly ignore her when they tired of making fun of her.

So she would just stay there, sitting on the white linoleum floor, next to the toilet, her back against the wall and thinking about the father of her babies. Soon she’d hear their heartbeats when going for her scans; they’d be even more real. This thought brought a smile to Rogue’s lips more often than not. This thought was the only thing that kept her sane; she wasn’t alone, she would never be alone now.


“Logan, do you know that you’re going to be a dad?” she said, her eyes faraway.


Her hand still stroking her stomach, she started to half sing half hum a song that her mother used to sing to her when she was still a little girl. Marie sang the song, imagining that her babies could hear her. She knew it was too early for that but she couldn’t stop herself. How much time would she have with them? What would the doctors do to them when they were born? Her throat tightening at the thought, Marie murmured very low, fearing that the doctors would hear her somehow:


“Momma will get you out of here. You’ll see… Momma will get you out of here.” Wiping at the tears now streaming down her face, she went on. “I want you to see how it is out there, how it’s beautiful. And there are so many people who will be so happy to meet you… Your dad… The Professor, Storm… you’ll see… Don’t worry now, Momma’s here. Everything is going to be okay, I promise.”


Resuming her humming-singing, Rogue wiped at her face with her hands, relaxing against the wall and thinking about a way to get her family away from the Hades they were all trapped in.









*************************************






Dr. Matheson watched in horror as he leafed through the reports of the “Procedure” that had enabled his superiors to get through the second part of the “Revival Program”. They had used a dual method to get the young girl pregnant, a method no one had told him about. God, he felt sick just reading it. A name appeared many times in the notes, and he wondered just how twisted this person could be. This Dr. Mann had transferred genetically engineered embryos in the girl while at the same time the girl was to be “prepared” by being physically with a highly drugged and feral Wolverine; the sexual stimulation having as a final goal to increase natural hormones production in the girl and therefore maximize the effectiveness of the embryos transfer and ensuing pregnancy. Even if he had wanted to slow down the procedure with Wolverine, the girl was going to be pregnant anyway; Dr. Mann had made sure of that. But what was the point anyway? They didn’t just want to make sure she’d have this prisoner’s child, it seemed too easy… There was something else, something even more hideous than what he thought. The probability was too high for them to completely ignore it; they must know, Matheson thought agitatedly. The reports stated that two embryos had been transferred in the young Mutant, but there might be a chance that with her being so young and fertile and with Wolverine’s capability, there might be a parallel natural conception. He refused to dwell a second longer on that probability, thinking it too horrible to be true.
And what about this Xavier guy? It had been a little more than three weeks now, what was he waiting for? Dr. Matheson had been so sure, though. He knew Wolverine was somehow connected to Charles Xavier, the man he had attempted to warn of what was happening with the prisoner, the impact of the researches conducted at the facility. It was stupid really, what was he thinking, sending an anonymous file to one of America’s most active lobbyists? A man like this Charles Xavier would definitely not look twice at a rogue file like that. So now what? The young man thought tiredly. He had risked a lot; his superiors might have even been suspecting him the whole time for all he knew! And now this poor girl was pregnant! This Dr. Mann character seemed to be a force to be reckoned with…


“So this is what they wanted with her…? Will they keep her? What about the babies? What if there’s a miscarriage, what will they do to her? This gas they have engineered to control Wolverine… is it to keep him as a producer, keep him under the heel of their boot?” This was sick, very sick… the young man thought, his mind a whirlwind. There was nothing more he could do without risking his wife and daughter’s lives. If he took upon himself to do something for the girl and Wolverine, his family would certainly die…


“Tell me Helen, what should I do?”


Casting a loving gaze to the picture frame on his desk, Steve Matheson went back to the reports in front of him, trying to swallow back the disgust rising in his throat with every page he turned.









***********************************






She had been waiting… She had stayed in the darkness, waiting for the right time, barely able to dampen her growing lust. If she had been a man, she would have been walking around with a permanent hard-on. But she wasn’t a man. So nobody knew.
No one questioned her that day when, months after the transfer procedure she entered the examination room #3 where Wolverine was permanently held in, no one would ever suspect that she had a syringe of that prized hormone based serum and a capsule of Beta gas hidden in her pocket. She walked casually, her demeanor confident and authoritative, no one would even think to ask her why she was going alone in the cell at the end of the corridor, a cell whose door saw less and less use with every passing day.










*****************************************





Logan lifted tired eyes to what he guessed was the ceiling of the room, his mind on a particular young brunette. Marie… Where was she now? How were they treating her? Was she really pregnant? It had been a long time since that man had come to him with this piece of news, and since that, not too many people had talked to him; not that he’d complain. The first days had been Hell, the experiments even more brutal and cruel than anything he could remember, putting his healing factor on overdrive on more than one occasion. They would cut him open, gas him, and sometimes retrieve a few things, just to see if it’d grow back. He almost regretted the time when he was too feral to remember anything. Now his mind was crystal clear, and all the memories as vivid as could be. His captors would give him water, occasionally something that could pass for food; it seemed they wanted him to last at least a little. It’s not that he wanted to accept anything from them, but he’d want to stay alive, as much as he could help it; if he was alive, he could still find a way to see his Marie, maybe even get her out of there. Logan wasn’t deluded, though. He was permanently strapped to a table, his hands and arms safely secured alongside his body, making it impossible for him to unsheathe his claws efficiently. Freeing his mate and soon to be baby would require a lot of luck, if not a miracle.

He didn’t even twitch when he heard the door’s hinges screech, signaling a new comer. The door’s opening casted a ray of white light from the adjacent corridor across the room, revealing the shiny immaculate surface of the metal walls and floor, the different tables and machines that adorned the space all around him. Being in the dark had its good points, Logan noted humorlessly; at least he didn’t have to see that he was an over-sized lab rat, ready to be experimented on at any time of the day or of the night.

The lights flicked on, steps coming steadily closer. What caught the Mutant’s attention wasn’t the perspective of new tortures though, but the fact that whoever was coming, they were alone and they were female and in heat; and that in itself was enough to make him keep his guard up. Maybe it was the miracle he needed.








************************************



"Charles, if we act, we have to act now!” exploded Dr. McCoy’s voice in the richly furnished study he had just stormed in.


“I already have the team ready to go at any given time. This gas that you described, how dangerous do you think it could be to the X-men?”


“It might be of no effect to them, but if they have used it on Logan as I suppose they did, he might prove to be a far greater menace than anything else they might throw at us.”


“I have received a call last night from a friend who had contacts with some of the former Canadian government leaders, and this arrived this morning.” the older mutant gestured to the side of his desk where another manila folder was lying.

“What is it this time?”


“I figure it is the same someone from last time, but at the difference that there are names, dates, pictures of not only Logan, but Rogue also, as well as this scan…”


Xavier produced a black and white picture from the thick file at his right and leant forward to hand it over to his long time friend. The man sitting across from him extended a shaky hand, already knowing what the picture was. His shocked expression deepened though, the longer his eyes lingered on the shapes seemingly dancing with aquatic grace on the glossy paper. Two formed fetuses were clearly visible, whereas a darker form in the back ground was despite his knowledge, unidentifiable.


“My stars… This is…”


Reading the blue doctor’s mind with ease despite his present confusion, Professor X answered in a tight voice: “This is what the Program was about; I’ve just received confirmation of this. This fiend I have has confirmed all my fears; he’s risked a lot to reveal these pieces of information. It seems that they plan to create a squad of prefect Mutant killers, where Logan will be the center piece. They knew everything about him, his hooking up with Rogue in Laughlin city, what happened at Liberty Island, the way he saved her. They knew everything…! And I let her go out there, I handed her to them without even suspecting anything! I’m supposed to be a psychic, for God’s sake! The world’s most powerful telepath!”


“Charles…”


“And now she’s been made pregnant by God only knows what ways…! You are right, my friend. It’s time… Time for me to get my children back home. If you say this gas is harmless to the team, then we are going right now!”


“We?”


“Oh yes, my friend! And if Logan is the main threat, I’ll take action.”


“But Charles you can’t…”


“I have my own weapons, old friend. Have no worries.”









************************




She had never seen it coming. The wound left by his sharp fangs appeared in a tangled mess of blood and shredded flesh and skin. She could still breathe, though, still think but not speak. Huge panicked blue eyes watched in frightened wonder as the Wolverine got rid of his bonds, his face marred with her blood and his body still stiff from the attentions she had provided only a few minutes before.


No, she had never seen it coming.


She had followed the very same pattern as in the tests: gas, then a shot of hormone serum. The results were immediate, but soon enough, she realized that something was wrong. There was this glint of human intelligence behind the feral eyes that looked defiantly back at her, but she could be wrong… That’s what she told herself. She wasn’t thinking that clearly anyway, blinded by her obsession and lust for the man/beast lying under her. She never had the time to react when her brain finally registered in the throes of her madness induced orgasm that the Mutant under her had one of his hands free.



He could have impaled her, but he didn’t. He could have slit her throat from ear to ear, but then again, he didn’t. This was personal, lying now on the cold metal floor of the room, Dr. Mann realized that much. She wanted to ask him now, but her severed vocal cords wouldn’t comply. Wolverine was there though, crouching right in front of her, looking at her dying. He had never been more handsome she thought almost lovingly, radiating pure animal hatred hand human vengeance; like some kind of mythic avenging god. The lines of his body slowly blurred, until her vision went black and silence finally enfolded her.