Author's Chapter Notes:
A big thank you for all the breath taking reviews!! Here's chapter 5...already!
I try to turn the tables a little bit, included lots of dialogues...Hope you4ll like it.

*Note for latin quote*: Amicus Humani Generis means friend of Human race or Human kind.

Enjoy!
Where am I? Who are these people? It all feels so strange, like I’m floating out of myself. Everything is somewhat dulled, far away from me; foreign. Something is trying to reach me; a sound…a voice devoid of emotions.

It’s coming back now: sensations, licking at what I think is my body. I’m cold… I’m naked…. Where am I? What’s happening to me? Marie, where are you?



“Step 1 okay. Test subject stabilized, we’re ready for step 2.”


“Oxygen mask in place. Proceed.”



Who’s talking? What are you doing to me? I need to open my eyes, I need to…! Something is burning! It’s burning inside me, it’s in my mouth, my nose; everywhere! I’m choking… Can’t move, can’t breathe… Got to get away… Got to make it go away…



“What’s going on?”


“He’s fibrillating! Heart rate at 200 and going up. ”


“Damn it! We’re losing him!”


“That’s impossible! Stop the procedure, stop it now!!”


Can’t breathe… Marie, where are you? Marie…


“240 and still going up .”


“Stop!!”


“Impossible, we’re too close.”


“You’re going to kill him.”


“Get a grip of yourself Matheson, it’s an order! Continue.”


“Heart failure. The subject is rejecting the compound, must we stop the procedure?”


“ We’re too close… go on.”


“Signs of neuronal distress, his system is on override! Bruises are forming on his chest!”


“Internal bleeding… puncture and drain.”



Marie…




“It’s the lungs, sir! His lungs are bleeding… Damn it, heart is… Oh my God, what’s that?!”


“Heart tissue is turning grey…no time to lose, inject him with the max dosage of adrenaline, now!”


“Procedure complete at 95%.”


“NO! You’ll compromise the procedure!”


“97%.”


“Damn it Montgomery! Manual stimulation! Dr. Cha, pump, now! I keep on draining…”


“99%.”


“Hang on! You hear me? Don’t die on me!!”



Why…? Let me go… It hurts too much… It’s too much…



“Procedure complete.”


“Still no reaction, keep pumping!”


“Take that fucking mask away from his face, now! Come on… Fight, damn it!”


“Colonel…?”


“He’ll come back, he always does.”


“Come on! She needs you! Fight, damn it! Hear me? She needs you!”



Some one’s murmuring… Needs me…? Marie?



“We’re losing him. Brain and heart unresponsive, bleeding doesn’t stop. Burns on the outside of heart and lungs…”


“Go on! He must survive, you hear me? I don’t care if you’ve got to keep your hands elbows deep in his chest pumping his fucking heart ‘till the day you die; I want him alive!”


“Colonel Montgomery, It’s been more than five minutes now! Even if we keep him alive, you’ll have nothing more than a…”


“I don’t give a damn, he’s too precious, we can’t lose him now, not ever. Pump.”


“It’s a little bit too late for that… That man is dead Montgomery! Adrenaline, now! Now!”


“He’s lashing out! Clear, clear!”


Bip…Bliding light, fear and pain, too much of it… Got to breathe… Got to grrrrrrrr………


“Subject is reacting to adrenaline, watch the claws! Check for heart activity.”


“Faint but there, Doctor.”


“Okay, switch to oxygen, and close back.”


“I don’t think we’ll need to… He’s mutation is kicking in.”


“Alright, keep him restrained and under. We don’t want him to fully wake up now, do we?”


“Colonel, that man just underwent a massive trauma, he needs all his strength to recover


“But he’s not a man Matheson. You seem to forget that. On which side are you, exactly? And anyway, do you have a death wish? You should be the last person in here to ignore the effects of that gas we made him breathe.”


“Colonel, all I care for is the Program. You’re about to ruin two years of research and progress just because…”


“Because of what, *Doctor*?”


“Because, with all due respect, you don’t know the difference between science and sadism, Colonel.”


“And you certainly do, Doctor… Clean up that mess, and bring him back to his cell, that’s an order.”




*************************




They hadn’t brought her back to her cell when the female doctor finished with her. When she saw that they were taking her in another direction, she almost keeled over in fear. What if she was wrong? What if they brought her to someone else’s cell? No, she was sure…it all made sense… But then, where were they taking her?


Entering a new set of heavy doors, Rogue took in her surroundings. White walls, white furniture, white coats, and that big hospital bed in the middle of the room. That last thing shocked her more than words could have said. It was actually a real hospital bed, fully equipped with mattress, security bars on each side and supreme luxury: a thick blanket. Fear soon gave way to complete confusion, her mind in overdrive, trying to comprehend the scene before her. Before she had the time to form any hypothesis, two hands took hold of her shoulders and brought her to the bed and disappeared as soon as they had appeared, leaving her in the middle of the room, her mind as white as the walls.

“Is there somebody here?” Her timid voice echoed in the bright space, but no one answered.


Tearing her eyes away from the bed, Marie looked around the room. A spartan desk with assorted chair, a sink and a toilet in the opposite corner and a mirror. There even was a closet next to the door.


“What’s going on here?” She asked to the silence, feeling more unsettled and scared here than in the horrible cell she’d been sharing with Logan.


Logan…Where was he? What were they doing to him right now? At that thought, a violent headache split her cranium from ear to ear, making Rogue fall to her knees on the cold linoleum. Clutching her head in her hands in hopes to prevent it from cracking, she let out a blood curdling scream. She didn’t notice that two doctors had entered the room until she felt two sets of gloved hands trying to loosen the grip she had on her own head and hair. Something was wrong…

The Logan in her mind was screaming, howling really and the sounds he made were so frighteningly loud and desperate that they started to consume her psyche. Her chest felt like it was on fire, she couldn’t breathe anymore, couldn’t hear the doctors call her, pull at her hands… She was in another room, breathing fire with the man she loved.




************************




He woke up to the feel of something hard and cold digging around his neck and wrists. He opened his eyes slowly, tiredly to the darkness of his cell. Turning his head in an effort to assert his environment, he noticed chains holding him to the wall behind him by shackles. The very sight of it made him growl deep and low in his chest, making the chains shake with the vibration. He sniffed the air then, in search of those who had done this to him. The whole room reeked of blood and fear, and something else, something that made the growl die down to a plaintive purr. The scent was sweet and pure… Marie! With this simple word his drugged mind cleared at once, awakening in him a need for the young woman he had never felt before. It was beyond speech, beyond reason, the need to have here, the need to make her his… HIS! Where was she? They had taken her away from him! They would pay for daring to touch her…


As if on a cue, the door to his cell jammed open and revealed six armored soldiers and a man in a white coat. Easily reading the rage in the shackled man’s eyes, he just stated: “You’ll see her soon enough. Just a few adjustments and she’ll be all yours.” All the while, the man took confident steps in his direction, making him snarl viciously.


“Easy big boy. Just one last shot and you’re good to go.”


What was that? The sight of a syringe set off all sorts of alarms in the shackled man. He knew this thing, it meant bad things… Drugs…The word suddenly taking over his mind with its power. They were drugging him!


“NOOO!”


“Sunofabitch!”


Too little too late. The disgustingly familiar sting of a needle piercing his neck froze him for a moment. He was waiting for the darkness, there always had darkness. When nothing happened, he just looked at the retreating white coat, words stuck in his throat.


“See, it was nothing bad… big boy. Now you’re going to have your girlfriend, isn’t it nice? ”


With that, the door to his cell closed with a loud bang, leaving a very confused feral man looking through the darkness.


Marie… The man needed to keep his promise! The mere thought of her name made his lower stomach muscles clench uncomfortably, and something else, lower even tighten. Need her now… Now!





*********************





Steve Matheson sat at his desk, head hung low and fists clenching and unclenching unconsciously. Thinking back to the “Procedure”, he slammed a fist on the metal desk before him, knocking over a picture frame in a corner. The noise waking him up from his enraged trance, he picked it up and absently traced the faces under the glass protection. There was a woman holding a baby in her arms, smiling an angelic smile. Vibrant red hair and sparkling blue eyes, the woman in the picture was the very image of happiness and beauty. Had it already been a year? A year without knowing if his wife and daughter were still alive…



“Where are you Helen? Do they at least treat you right?”



Doctor Matheson had signed the bad contract, alright. One you couldn’t hope to interrupt without paying the highest price. The young doctor had first believed this program to be for the good of humanity-and he had himself claimed to an Amicus Humani Generis, a friend of the human race-but where was he standing now? They had told him at first that the test subjects were volunteers, former soldiers, but he had soon discovered the lies under the layer of shining polish. They abducted dozens of Mutants, most of them women… And this man, the Wolverine like they called him, was the main test subject they had on the complex, the very heart of the program. As a scientist-one specialized in genetics-he had to reckon that the man was the result of natural selection at its best. Tall and muscular body, ideally symmetric features… all about him spoke about perfection, balance and power. He remembered having thought, when it all started that Adam himself might not have looked a lot different from that man. Well, if you were a believer, that is. But Matheson was no believer, not in God anyhow. Or if he had been, he wasn’t anymore, not after all the things he had seen in this underground complex he could so keenly associate with the ninth circle of Hell.





*****************************





“How is she?”


“She’ll be fine, it was just a seizure.”


Rogue woke up to the sounds of a conversation taking place next to her. How long had she been out? What had happen to Logan? To her?


“You can bring her back now, we took what we needed.”


“Yeah, saved the chore of sedating and restrain her, didn’t it?”


“Sometimes, one can get lucky…!”


Could the situation get any worse? What had they taken from her? She couldn’t do it anymore, she wanted it to end, she was tired, so tired...


“You don’t say! Heard we would be in for one hell of show with these two. Hell, the girl really did a number on our old boy!”


“What? You really think it will work this time?”


“Yeah, we were really careful in our selection this time: she’s perfect. And it seems that the Wolverine has noticed too, otherwise, he would have damaged her by now, don’t you think?”


“The others weren’t nice to look at once he had finished with them.”


“I had to sew’em back, remember? He really is an animal.”


“Yeah, a freak…”


Others? What others? What was going on in this place? Feeling panic gripping her heart again, Rogue let her head roll to the side where the two doctors wouldn’t see the tears streaming down her face. It was really happening; there was no way around it… She would have Logan’s child or they would kill her; she would give birth or die. A great tiredness spread through her body at the thought. In other circumstances, she would have exulted if one had told her she was going to give a child to the man she loved, but now the mere perspective of it filled her with dread. What would become of her baby here? What kind of sick experiment would the run on its innocent and vulnerable body? It took Marie all of her strength not to start sobbing in front of the two men standing next to the bed she was lying in. She wanted to fight, but she didn’t know how. She wanted to die, so that they wouldn’t have her baby, but then they’d just have to go out again and snatch another Mutant of the side of the road, there were so many. Heart leaden, she let the soldiers bring her limp body back to the familiarity of her cell.


What else was there to do?





**************************





He could smell her, she was approaching. His Marie, his mate. Hormone overloaded blood beat in his temples, making it hard to think, and Logan felt himself swell at the thought of the beautiful young woman whose scent was approaching. He ached to stroke himself and release some of the tension in his nether regions, but his hands chained to the wall made it impossible. He started to rock his hips almost involuntarily, panting and throwing back his head against the coldness of the wall. Flaring his nostrils to fill his lungs with his mate’s sweet aroma, Wolverine noticed something unsettling underneath the fresh scent of the young woman: sorrow. Unable to dwell on the information for more than half a second, he started to buck wildly at the thought of her getting closer to him still, wetness burgeoning at his tip and sending painful shivers up his spine. There she was, there she was, he thought; all warmth, and sweetness and completely his to have, his to possess and keep.



The door to the cell opened, and Marie appeared in a clean white hospital gown, her face a mask where relief and terror dueled mercilessly. Logan caught her eyes dropping to his hardened flesh and he had to bite his lip not to come yet. The six soldiers behind her were completely forgotten, they could as well strip and start a rain dance for all he cared, they had brought his mate back, so Logan guessed he could let them live through one more day; Wolverine didn’t mind, as long as he had his female. But the chains had to go though, and now wouldn’t be a bad idea. Unable to think coherently anymore, he just started to yank at his bonds, so hard that tiny chunks of concrete started detach themselves from the wall where the chains were fixed. Without a word, four of the soldiers started to him, holding dart guns at the ready, one of them clutching an electronic device in his hand resting against the canon of his gun. The other two stayed at the back, each one of them holding Marie by one of her arms, the look of defeat on her face barely registered as he fixed his gaze on her.



Once he was freed from his metal contraptions, Logan let out a roar that shook the darkness around them. The guards had long fled from the cell, leaving the young prisoner faced with a highly aroused feral Mutant. Rogue had waited for this moment almost all her life, it seemed, but she could feel no joy whatsoever. The sight of the man she loved, snarling, barely able to stand on his legs because of the state he was in, made her heart soar. It was no use fighting, it would happen anyway, so she’d rather be at least consenting for what would come next.



It hadn’t taken two strides for Logan to be on her, lips demanding and hips pressing into her. He needed her, needed to fill her with all he was; there was nothing more important than that at the moment. Her sad scent would change, he’d make sure of that, he’d make it good for her, he’d make her forget the bad things of this place. Hands searching, divesting the supple body beneath him of the thin clothing it was clad in, Logan started to coax responses from Rogue, responses her traitorous hormones gave to the assault she was undergoing. After all, it was still him. No matter what would happen, no matter how it happened, it was still him, she thought. What started like a timid sparkle in her soon turned into all consuming flames of uncanny passion for the man crushing her body under his. Rogue started exploring every inch of exposed flesh, lingering a tad longer on Logan’s broad chest before travelling southwards.


Unable to hold back anymore, Logan dived into the black night of her body, burying himself to the hilt in one swift motion. He felt her clench around him at the intrusion and he almost came then and there, but he willed her body to stay still just a few moments, time for her to adjust to his girth. Soft brown eyes met golden hazel for what seemed like an eternity, reading all the emotions reflected in the other’s gaze. The young woman seeing all the assurance she needed in the intelligent eyes of the man above her, opened herself to him, to all the things he promised in that moment; love, care, support, understanding and compassion…And then he started to move.