Story Notes:
Thanks to Moviemom44 for the beta and making this a better story your idea made it.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Wendie gave me the gift of this being play like. As the title gives away Jean didn't die in X2 Kurt with Charles help was able to rescue her just before the water hit her.
Please read and review.
The curtain opens to reveal a dark stage. Then, a single spot light illuminates a large cage at stage right. In the cage is a dark figure, seated on a plain wooden bench. Jean Grey, a tall, beautiful red-head, entres from stage left and moves into the circle of light just outside the cage facing the audience.

Jean speaks

"I know what you all think of me and I'm neither a slut or a whore."

She hears growling coming from the containment cell as she walks up to it. She speaks to the occupant.

"Nor am I afraid of you Mr.Big, Bad and Feral, so knock it off."

She continues speaking, but this time to the audience.

"You see, all this mess started because of Logan."

Again, she address the person in the cage.

"You know Logan, right?"

"Grrrowl."

"I thought you might. Well, he flirted with me and being a straight woman with a pulse I flirted back. The kiss--Don't look at me likr that-- The kiss was a mistake. I know Scott and I are a destined couple and I'm sure Logan and Rogue are too. I was scared -- teriffied. I had no idea what had happened to Scott. Our connection was broken. Still, I could feel a weaker one. It's not my fault! I was so worried over Scott I didn't figure it out

She starts pacing next to the cell, trying to work off her frustration.

She sits in a nearby chair. At first, it appears as though she is finished speaking, but having started, now she is unable to stop.

"I can't believe Scott is so pissed at me. How can he think I would endanger our baby? And Logan can't seem to get his head out of his ass and see he's meant to be with Rogue. It's a giant mess. Since she found out we kissed she can barely look at him. She wont talk to me. She's like a sister to me and because of this-because of me-she's withdrawn even more that she already was."

She sighs and glances into the cage once more.

"Well, it'll soon be Scott's turn to guard you, so play nice. I don't need his mood to get any worse."

She stands and walks toward the door when a deep voice stops her.

"Ya know, this sort of torture is illegal under the Geneva Convention."

"Deal with it Sabertooth. We're vigilanties, not the military.

Walking out the door, she leaves him behind. He is still growling.
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know if you like it and want more.