Author's Chapter Notes:


Okay wow, that was incredible hard to write. I hope this came across the way I wanted it too. And before you hate too much I promise to put some Rogan further along in the story. You have to keep in mind that she doesn’t remember anything about her past life. I’ve also added a little to chapter 3 so going there first might open your eyes a little bit more to what’s going on in her head.



Chapter 4 What you see depends on what you're looking for


“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.” ~Lewis Carroll


11 months later

~~The sun was shining and she was wearing a white cotton dress, and with her hair blowing in the wind it felt like peace.

Her long pale finger tips brushed against the tall yellow weeds in the golden meadow as she walked though, the gentle breeze giving her goosebumps. Looking up into the sun closing her eyes, it was the most wonderful feeling. Then big masculine arms holding her, nuzzling her neck turning over to see his face…………..

Waking up with a gasp on her lips, it was the same dream every night, ever since she’d woken up in that hospital room almost a year ago, God had it been that long already. It was the same dream and every time she was just about to see his face she’d wake up.

The dream always left her feeling empty and cold inside, despite the arms that were currently surrounding her, seemingly protecting her from any harm. Which always made her feel more guilty, here she was dreaming of a phantom lover (for that was what he surly was), while sleeping next to the most wonderful man. Who’d taken her in, given her a life and never expected anything in return.

“you okay baby”.

“yah, fine, just going to get a drink be right back”.

“m’kay”.


Stepping into the kitchen and trying to shake the last vestiges of her dream, she tried to concentrate on more light-hearted matters. Tomorrow night Alex was taking her to a high society fundraiser. Really it was an excuse to check out his next target. At first Alex had been reluctant to take her, but after much pouting, she’d won him over. She was actually quite good at gathering Intel, and was surprisingly very talented with a computer. At first that had frightened her, wondering where she could have learned such unusual skills, but it was also exhilarating, it came so naturally that she decided to just go with it.

Alex, thinking of him always brought a smile to her face, remembering what a gentleman he’d been, how she’d practically thrown herself at him. It wasn’t until recently that they’d become intimate. There had been an attraction from the beginning, but Alex never made a move. It wasn’t until she took matters into her own hands and decided to act on her feelings, what’s the worst that could happen he’d either turn her down, or it be the best chance she ever took. And boy had it been spectacular, after everything they’d done together it still made her blush.

Deciding that some fresh air was needed stepping out to the patio which lead out to the beach, it always made her feel better. The Ocean and its wild nature is what drew her to this place to begin with. It’s hypnotic rhythm is what helped her through the blank slate that was in her mind. It was incredible frustrating at times, to not know anything about yourself.

Taking a deep breath she felt strong arms embrace her as a kiss was pressed to her temple.

“you took too long, you sure you’re okay”.

“yeah, just needed some air”.

“come I have an idea”

“where we going”.

“don’t think, just follow”.

Grabbing the handy blanket that they always used, he lead her to the sand spreading out the giant blanket he sat down and gentle lead her to sit in-between his legs.

“The sun will be rising soon”.

They sat in a comfortable silence with his arms around her, she felt so safe so loved.



“what are you thinking of”.

“the day you gave me my name”.

Alex rested his chin on her head closing his eyes at the memory “yeah that was nice”.

~Flashback~

It was just over a month since Alex had taken her in and they’d instantly fallen into an easy camaraderie. After the first few days Alex knew he was in love, and just wanted to go at her pace trying to gently ease her into a normal routine. He’d even taken to teaching her how to surf that had been fun.

Sitting on the beach after a few good waves in the early evening Alex produced a book.

“Okay we have to decide on a name, if you don’t agree to something Chole here, will just have to decide. So unless you want your name to be something like PorkChop, you’d better keep an open, mind”.

Hearing her name Chloe, started barking and licking her new owners. She was just on cloud nine ever since she’d found her new friend, it made her owner really happy. which meant more love for Chloe. Now if only she could find a four legged friend for herself, everything would be perfect.

“Fine, fine, but I don’t want anything fooffy, it’s got to be simple and strong”.

Flipping through the book that had as if by magic appeared, Alex started thumbing through the pages and spouting off random names.

“let’s see how about Julia”

“no”

“Kassandra”

“no”

“Crystal”

“no”

“Rose, Violet, Lily”.

“enough with the flower names already” she just keep shaking heard no.

“How about Victoria, we’ll call you Vikky for short”

“no”

“okay, then how about Elizabeth, Margaret, Shannon, no, come on, remember you have to keep an open mind we can’t just keep calling you, Hey You,”

“well if you want to”

“Mary, Leah, Bailey, Marie”

“no, no, no, and nope”.

“come on work with me here, oh wait how about Jessica, we’ll call you Jessie for Short, you know those names that can be for guys or girls, what do you think chloe”.

The Dalmatian barked her enthusiasm, at this point she‘d do anything to get some playtime.

“How about just Jessie, I don like Jessica”

“Yes, finally, how does this sound Jessie Walker”.

“What no middle name”.

“Are you kidding me, I’m just happy you decided on a first name, there’re aren’t enough books let alone hours in the day for you to decide on another name”.

Suddenly standing she gestured for him to follow along, sticking out her hand, “Hi, my name is Jessie Walker”

Alex couldn’t keep the grin off his face “ Alexander Tyler Summers, it’s a pleasure to meet you”. Taking her hand he pulled her him meaning for an affectionate hug, then she pulled back just enough to see his face there standing with the sun shining down on them, he looked so handsome, Jessie leaned in and gave him a gentle kiss on the lips.

Of course Chloe with her impeccable timing decided that it was time to play catch, barking and nipping at both of them, they broke apart and spent what was left of dying sun playing with Chloe in the sand.

~End Flashback~

Jessie turned around to face Alex, looking right into his eyes, and seeing everything that you could ever want.

“that day, it’s when I decided that what ever came before wasn’t going keep me from going forward, that as long as you’re there with me, the past really doesn’t matter. The past months have been incredible, I know how hard it is for you to let people in, and I thank whatever fate that brought me to you”.

“Jess, I don’t want you to think that you owe me anything just because I helped you out. From the moment laid eyes on you, name or no name, I just knew that I had to help you. And even if we weren’t together, I would still help you, and I will always help you. No matter what the future brings I want you to know that I will make sure your taken care of, that I’ll always do what’s best for you, no matter what the cost to me is”.

Alex grabbed her by the waist, pulling her flush against his body just as the sun was peaking over coloring the sky in pinks and mauves, it was almost dream like.

“I love you, no matter who you were, I love you” pulling her close he leaned in and kissed her for all he was worth. Jessie returned his passion tenfold. There under the sunrise Alex promised himself mind body and soul to the only woman he‘d ever truly loved.

Reaching over Jessie peeled off her nightshirt, bearing herself to Alex. The feel of his hands on her bare skin sent shivers down her spine. His lips nipping and sucking on her throat and collar bone, then moving further down caressing one breast with his tongue then the other, she was panting so hard she thought her heart would burst through her chest.

Slowly Breaking away Jessie brushed her hand down his solid abs, further down to his rock hard member, and quickly relieved him of his boxers. kissing him as she gently sank on to him, both groaning at the feeling savouring every moment. Alex entwined his fingers in hers as she threw her head back she began riding him, loving the feeling of him inside of her.

Each thrust bringing them closer and closer, while he was deep inside her, Jessie felt that white heat surround her and came apart into a million pieces. After coming back she looked down and leaned over and firmly spoke “I love you Alex”, pressing a gentle kiss over his heart.

The words were his undoing, thrusting up into her once more, when he felt those gentle lips on his chest he came hard inside of her, pulling her close to him.

They stayed this way watching the sun play across the sky, completely unaware how their love was about to be tested.



Chapter End Notes:


I’m not that great at smut so, I hope I did the scene justice. P.S. I accidentially deleted somone's review I meast to respond to it and my mouse had other ideas. Again I'm so sorry to whoever it was I always enjoy reading the reviews.